Goldencents wins San Felipe

CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
edited March 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
I truly think Goldencents will just run away and hide from this field. Since his last race 5 consecutive bullet works all at 6F.

Flashback is just another Baffert " smoke and mirrors" horse. Now don't get me wrong he's a good sprinter but not a classic distance one.

So my play is a very big win bet on Goldencents and ex/Tri/super keys: 3/1-5-6-7-8/1-2-3-5-6-7-8

I realize I left Flashback out of the 2nd hole, think today isn't his day...

Cigarshop

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Let's do this! :toast:
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    CigarShop wrote: »
    I truly think Goldencents will just run away and hide from this field. Since his last race 5 consecutive bullet works all at 6F.

Flashback is just another Baffert " smoke and mirrors" horse. Now don't get me wrong he's a good sprinter but not a classic distance one.

So my play is a very big win bet on Goldencents and ex/Tri/super keys: 3/1-5-6-7-8/1-2-3-5-6-7-8

Cigarshop

Julian saying Flashback is the best 3YO he's ever been on.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2013

Cigarshop

One huge reason to make play Goldencents is Doug and company are stating if he wins today they will not race again till the Ky Derby. So you know by his works he will be all out to win this one today. On another note Bob Baffert stated before the Big Cap he was more excited to watch Flashback run than Game on Dude, that speaks volume about this colt IMO!!!! Don't forget Omega Star he is a quality colt as well.
  • CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Last year when Julian had a Derby horse he had more brain FARTS than ever. He's NOT a first tier jockey.

But keep betting Flashback just gives me more winnings.....
    edited March 2013
    Well Julian is at it again. He was in the perfect position laying 3-4 off the pace but rushed Flashback up to take on Kevin Krigger and Goldencents and both these riders rode like rookies IMO. A complete melt down race.
    edited March 2013
    Last year when Julian had a Derby horse he had more brain FARTS than ever. He's NOT a first tier jockey.

But keep betting Flashback just gives me more winnings.....

Whoa buddy. I hope that wasn't directed at me. You show me where I called Julian decent, or where I said I'm betting Flashback.

More winnings? We're all laughing at you (I mean, fuck, look at your fucking thread title about a horse who's already over the top.)

That said - FB shitty luck with that Julian ride. Good for team 24.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    The only ones that should be taken off the derby trail after that race are Julian and Krigger.
    edited March 2013
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    The only ones that should be taken off the derby trail after that race are Julian and Krigger.

Agree, that was bush league riding from those two.
    edited March 2013
    FlyinLate wrote: »

LMAO.
    edited March 2013
    Hey Dirty glad you're all laughing at me, I was wrong on Goldencents, but look at my Tampa Derby pick ran a great 2 nd at 38/1...I'm laughing to the bank.....:thumbup:
    edited March 2013
    Hey Dirty glad you're all laughing at me, I was wrong on Goldencents, but look at my Tampa Derby pick ran a great 2 nd at 38/1...I'm laughing to the bank.....:thumbup:

You might be limping to the loan shark, not laughing to the bank. You're a losing outsider, we all know that. There are only 5 or 6 people at HRT who are really crushing horses for a profit. Stick with cigars, but don't talk to me anymore, and don't post your fake-class bullshit in my posts anymore. Fucking Draynay.
    edited March 2013
    Read his above comments, that's the reason for my outburst,

Since I've joined this forum I've done nothing to disrespect anyone. I handicap hard and try to turn a profit, but then some low life take shots at me. No way no how,

It only takes one rotten apple to spoil the Harrell and now I know who it is.

Now start up your new hot wheels car and go "crush" another pick 5 and 6 and all yer bullshit
    edited March 2013
    Let's SMASH this bullshit. I think this is all in a misunderstanding and you all are letting EGO's get in the way as of now. This is a good forum for all and let's keep it that way and let bygones be bygones.
    edited March 2013
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Let's SMASH this bullshit. I think this is all in a misunderstanding and you all are letting EGO's get in the way as of now. This is a good forum for all and let's keep it that way and let bygones be bygones.

Agree 100%.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Where did all this come from?

I guess I need to get away from the track and try to keep the peace. That, or just fire away at FB, that crippled broke foot pussy who is already backtrackin on our
    well, nevermind, see you in about a month.

I'm hardly one to keep the peace anyway---apparently I'm banned from the Paulick Report for sharing my thoughts with Barry Irwin.
    edited March 2013
    I just wanted to apologize everyone in the forum except one person. Since I joined in September I have tried to share my thoughts and handicapping with everyone,

I'm not sure why that person did what he did but it's over now. I've learned a lot from you guys.

Until Thursday Cigarshop out....

To DC and w2w I'm sorry if I disrespected your forum,,
    edited March 2013
    I still think you're a losing gambler and horrible capper. You came at me for no reason, so fuck yourself. I've always liked you, until you took a cheap (and misinformed) shot at me.
    edited March 2013
    About being a losing gambler,tell you what I'll email you my win/loss statements from Twinspires and Caesars Entertainment for the last 3 years.

About being a bad handicapper $ 5,000 winner take all

You pick ANY track and let's post our picks. Person who "earns" the most wins the money.

Tell me who holds the funds and I'll send it first thing in the AM.

Quite simple...

Money talks and BS walks....

That's my offer but I'm laying 3/5 you don't take me up on the offer...

I'll even fly to the track and handicap LIVE with you..
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    About being a losing gambler,tell you what I'll email you my win/loss statements from Twinspires and Caesars Entertainment for the last 3 years.

You pick ANY track and let's post our picks. Person who "earns" the most wins the money.

Quite simple...

Snap
    edited March 2013

Quite simple...

Lol. Show up whenever you want at SA and ask for me at the bar. JG knows I'm not hard to find. With the boys every day. I'll have my $3k ready to walk off with your $5k. Win bets only, 3 major tracks, members here can pick the races. I'll go any10 races.

A better idea for you would be to pull up the last 20 horses each of us has bet on here, and realize how poorly you wager, what little information you have, and how quickly I would take your cash.

We've been through our share of tough talkers here. Nobody thinks I'm playing around, and the people who've met in person know I'm not. Come visit me next time you're on your world travels.
    edited March 2013
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Well Julian is at it again. He was in the perfect position laying 3-4 off the pace but rushed Flashback up to take on Kevin Krigger and Goldencents and both these riders rode like rookies IMO. A complete melt down race.

From Bloodhorse:

Baffert said he wished Leparoux had kept Flashback on the inside rather than allowing the headstrong colt to engage with Goldencents down the the backside.

"I think he ran well despite all that," Baffert said. "He had a nice, tough race and he got tired at the end, considering he went so fast, but I think we learned a lot about him today. I think we were just intimidated by the free speed today, and the rail, so you learn from racing. That's what these preps are all about."
    edited March 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    From Bloodhorse:

Baffert said he wished Leparoux had kept Flashback on the inside rather than allowing the headstrong colt to engage with Goldencents down the the backside.

"I think he ran well despite all that," Baffert said. "He had a nice, tough race and he got tired at the end, considering he went so fast, but I think we learned a lot about him today. I think we were just intimidated by the free speed today, and the rail, so you learn from racing. That's what these preps are all about."

As I posted on twitter @fbwinners I have viewed that race many times. Flashback run one hell of a race and I have meet Baffert on several times and I know he is serious thinking about removing the Frogman as he lays in bed right now. Remember Go Go on Lookinatlucky!!!! I would make the move ASAP as this is a very tough game. Julian is a good rider but crumbles under pressure as he thinks too much in big races and just doesnt' use is natural ability and seems too find trouble over and over again. Flashback ran Goldencents in the ground and only lost by a 1/2 length and was still fighting at the end after taking the brunt of the pace the entire race. I suggest to watch the replay without feelings or wagering on your mind. View it as a learning race!!!!!
    edited March 2013

Quite simple...

Money sits in his chair at the bar and BS walks, apparently. I know you regret the tough talk, and I'm gonna let it die out. Cheers buddy.
    edited March 2013
    I still think you're a losing gambler and horrible capper. You came at me for no reason, so fuck yourself. I've always liked you, until you took a cheap (and misinformed) shot at me.

Geez Dirty, give it a rest, will you? Why do you always have to stir up shit with the new guys? Not everyone appreciates your sunny disposition like the rest of us do. This thing was settled, and you have to go and post that? Let it go.
    edited March 2013
    Money sits in his chair at the bar and BS walks, apparently. I know you regret the tough talk, and I'm gonna let it die out. Cheers buddy.

I did let it go. I know he was kidding.