FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited March 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
A few plays for horses and hoops

Aqueduct
Excelsior Stakes
#4 Mordi's Miracle

Santa Anita
Tokyo City Stakes
#5 Richard's Kid (3 of 3 ITM at distance, we know he can run, lighter group)

Turfway Park
Rushaway
#9 Crop Report (all systems go on this colt tomorrow)

Bourbonette
#4 Le Fascinator

Spiral
#4 Fear the Kitten (Bombs away. Maker/Rosie, good late move in vain last out, bred better for this surface, price is too good to pass in a wide open race)

Michigan State (-6) against Memphis
I've been high one Michigan State all year (see my post from their first game of season). Izzo shines in the tournament and Memphis is overrated after dominating a very lackluster conference. They nearly lost to St. Marys who possesses few quality wins all year. MSU matches up well and should move forward.

Harvard (+10) against Arizona
This year's Cinderella? Perhaps. Either way 10 points is a lot to be given against a team that has consistently struggled to put teams away. This team is riding sky high after taking down a very good New Mexico team and while I don't expect them to win, they should keep it closer than 10.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Bourbonette--Turfway 9th

#2 MARATHON LADY, 12-1

Don't leave this one out of your exotics. WPS a good play!
    OP connections ship over to Kentucky looking for a big score. A South American bred out of Gramme Hall, she showed good form on dirt, but really exploded on a wet sealed track last out, winning for fun while never being asked. Robbie Albarado gives up a whole day at OP to come over to ride what he thinks is his Oaks horse. Based on her last, she should love the poly. Every now and then Hobby pulls one off, and this looks like a perfect spot to win one for his best clients, Ark Racing Comm. Lieblong. She will take play, most of it coming from OP, but 10-1 or better is likely. According to connections, she is sitting on a huge effort?
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Bourbonette--Turfway 9th

#2 MARATHON LADY, 12-1

Don't leave this one out of your exotics. WPS a good play!
    OP connections ship over to Kentucky looking for a big score. A South American bred out of Gramme Hall, she showed good form on dirt, but really exploded on a wet sealed track last out, winning for fun while never being asked. Robbie Albarado gives up a whole day at OP to come over to ride what he thinks is his Oaks horse. Based on her last, she should love the poly. Every now and then Hobby pulls one off, and this looks like a perfect spot to win one for his best clients, Ark Racing Comm. Lieblong. She will take play, most of it coming from OP, but 10-1 or better is likely. According to connections, she is sitting on a huge effort?

Thanks JG! I'll make sure to add him to my tickets. We're getting a group together to go out for the LA Derby next weekend to watch Palace Malice. Don't be surprised if you end up with a voicemail from everyone from the bachelor party.