Keeneland Statistics

CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
edited April 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Here are some stats for the Keeneland meet: hopefully one or more of you can pick up something to make some money during this great meet:

Gulfstream shippers won 25 races, FG shippers won 20, Turfway 16 on the MAIN track.

On the turf Gulfstream shippers won 17 out of 35. FG 5 out of 35

50 of the 53 winners at the Spring meet had atleast one workout over the Keeneland main track.

All time leading Poly Sires at Keeneland by wins:

Unbridled Song -30
Giants Causeway -27
Smart Strike -25
Distorted Humor-24
Tale Of The Cat -23
Dynaformer -22
Kittens Joy-22
AP Indy-18
Mr. Greely-17
Pulpit-17
Tiznow-17

Bob Hess Jr- 7 of his 9 Poly track wins have come during the Spring meet.His last 2 winners have been poly sprinters coming out of turf routes. Kent D. Has ridden all 9 winners

Darrin Miller-11 of his 13 wins have been sprinting over the KEE poly.

Tom Proctor- 8 of his 11 spring meet wins have been on the turf

Phillip Sims-13 wins on KEE poly have been at 7F.

David Carroll- 9 of his 10 KEE poly wins have been maiden breakers.Only non maiden winner was GR 1 winner Acoma.

Pletcher has seen his spring winners drop during the last 3 years. From 8 in 2010 to 6 in 2012 to 4 in 2012. But that's because he gears up for Saratoga.

Wesley Ward 50 of his 57 winners come from sprints. 17 in 2-YO sprints, 12 of the 17 were favorites.

Good luck to you all playing this weekend at Keeneland,Aqueduct and Santa Anita. Once again a great weekend to be a racing fan.

Cigarshop......

Comments

• CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    50 of the 53 winners of 2-YO races have had atleast ONE workout over the Keeneland track.
    That was the 3 rd point, sorry for that typo.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Good Info.

The stat that jumps out at me is the Keeneland Sire wins. With just a fraction of mares covered as compared to Unbridled song and other big time stallions, Kitten's Joy is right up there. I don't care what the PP's show, or don't show, do not ever leave a Ken Ramsay horse out of your plays at Keeneland. What trainer he is using doesn't matter, whether Maker or Ward or anyone else. Ramsay just plain has his ready to fire over the Keeneland track, poly or turf.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Here is one more stat for the forum.

I suck at Keeneland. Don't take my advice on any picks here.
  • TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    CS,

Your stats are interesting. Thank you. However your information about Gulfstream runners while accurate is misleading...as an example the Transylvania today at Keeneland was won by a GP shipper, however of the 11 horses entered 8 were shippers from GP...the real fact for 2012 was there were over 200 horses that had there last race at GP thus 42/200+ reduces the win % to about 20 percent...every so often there might be a race where only 1 or 2 had there last race at GP.