Maybe Mike Smith on Palace Malice?

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited April 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Nothing definite, but Mike Smith may be PM's next jock?

PM has had on him:
1. Javier
2. Rosie
3. Prado
4. Go Go
5. Mikey

Comments

• DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    DRF saying pletcher has given mount to smith- what you guys think, is PM in good hands for a derby win?
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Obviously the ideal situation would have been to get GoGo back since he is now familiar with the horse, but Smith is a large upgrade from the possibility of Rosie or Prado getting back aboard. Prado has no shot in a 20 horse field and Rosie tends to attract an abundance of money on derby weekend due to the large female presence. All in all, you certainly can't complain!!
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Haskin puts PM 6 on the derby list

Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen | Derby Dozen - April 16, 2013 - Presented by Shadwell Farm | BloodHorse.com Blog Stable

No flying under the radar huh? If you saw the opening number on the bluegrass he opened at 7/2 - a lot people following this guy or all the love coming from HRT???

I hope he does fly under the radar and we all get a great return on our investment!!!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I think it's best case outside of Go-Go.

Mikey is smart and strong, and known for his talent in BIG races. He might not try as hard at the bottom level all the time. Regardless, he's patient, and provided nobody else fucks up his trip (I know it's the Derby), he'll get a clean run.

I know we have attachment to the horse and may be a bit blind, but he's in my top 5 right now.

I'm just praying Orb stays healthy.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Id say PM goes off at somewhere around 15-1
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Duckgawd wrote: »
    Haskin puts PM 6 on the derby list

Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen | Derby Dozen - April 16, 2013 - Presented by Shadwell Farm | BloodHorse.com Blog Stable

No flying under the radar huh? If you saw the opening number on the bluegrass he opened at 7/2 - a lot people following this guy or all the love coming from HRT???

I hope he does fly under the radar and we all get a great return on our investment!!!

I was a little surprised he went off @ 9/2 in the Blue Grass. Thought he might be a bit higher.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    At one point during the Louisiana Derby gate delay he hit 5/2. I get the feeling Pletcher knows he's really nice, making sure he got in.