Calvin Borel on Rev per TAP

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited April 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
The same connections that won the 2010 Ky Derby with Super Saver. This little horse has a nose for the wire and is all guts. Will be a underlay now with Calin in the irons. A wide open Ky Derby this year. All these colts are not far apart at all, like a grad bag. I still say the fillies are even or slightly better at this time as they mature quicker than colts.

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    fbwinners wrote: »
    The same connections that won the 2010 Ky Derby with Super Saver. This little horse has a nose for the wire and is all guts. Will be a underlay now with Calin in the irons. A wide open Ky Derby this year. All these colts are not far apart at all, like a grad bag. I still say the fillies are even or slightly better at this time as they mature quicker than colts.

I've never been this confused as to my derby selection/contenders at this time of the year. Normally after the major preps I have a solid 3 contenders I like and then follow them through works, post draw, etc. Over half the field could realistically win the race.

As for the fillies, the Oaks may be shaping up to be as good/better than this years Derby!!
  • Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I would concur. Easily the most confusing Kentucky Derby, to this point, that I can remember. Such slow fig times certainly hasn't helped as the distance has increased.

Once the field becomes solid, we can start sorting this process out. So many factors to process, including who is training well, who is healthy and who is thriving in the days leading to the big race.

Rumors are already swirling!!!

Anything that we hear, let's share with all of the posters on this board, so we can all cash!

Take care and best of luck!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    I've never been this confused as to my derby selection/contenders at this time of the year. Normally after the major preps I have a solid 3 contenders I like and then follow them through works, post draw, etc. Over half the field could realistically win the race.

As for the fillies, the Oaks may be shaping up to be as good/better than this years Derby!!

Yeah the sickest thing for me, is if I can make out, I'll miss Friday.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    This totally killed my odds... Thanks TAP...