Palace Update

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited April 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
this from Dogwood:

Daily Derby Notes

We have started a new feature on our Stable News page - our own Daily Derby Notes. We will have reports on our Derby contender Palace Malice's daily routine and other notes that we feel are relevant as we head to Louisville with our eighth Derby runner!

Here's what Cot Campbell had to say Thursday afternoon:

"Palace Malice galloped terrifically well on the Churchill Downs strip this morning. Todd Pletcher reports that he is doing well in every way, and exhibited an unwanted bit of exuberance yesterday when he almost dumped the rider and tested Todd, who was on the shank.

"Palace Malice is due to try blinkers in one of his upcoming gallops, but as of today, Todd said he couldn't imagine he could go more beautifully than what was apparent this morning. All is well, with one more work coming on April 28. Mike Smith will be in the irons that day."

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Please let it happen.... :yes:
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I just bought plane tickets to Nashville. I'm still not sure about the trip, but now I have two round trip tickets. All I need is a Cadillac, hotel, and some seats.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    JG where are we sitting?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm waiting to hear back from Dogwood. They are working on the details, but it looks like I may get a 3rd floor walkaround ticket, which gives you access to the finish line boxes and is ideal for big groups where you can sit in a box when you want or need to. My other plans are set and I'm based out of Lexington, where I will be all week doing work related stuff at Keeneland. Plus, I was able to get air out on Sunday morning, which was not an option at Louisville. Many of the seats on ebay and other sites in section 315-318 and the like are starting to come down, although still quite pricy. A good site is SEATGEEK, which has a very good seating map with prices, etc.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm waiting to hear back from Dogwood. They are working on the details, but it looks like I may get a 3rd floor walkaround ticket, which gives you access to the finish line boxes and is ideal for big groups where you can sit in a box when you want or need to. My other plans are set and I'm based out of Lexington, where I will be all week doing work related stuff at Keeneland. Plus, I was able to get air out on Sunday morning, which was not an option at Louisville. Many of the seats on ebay and other sites in section 315-318 and the like are starting to come down, although still quite pricy. A good site is SEATGEEK, which has a very good seating map with prices, etc.

Keep me updated on your game plan as well. There is a chance I may be heading down.