The state of Kentucky changed labs in 2010.Pletcher at Churchill last 3 years

2010-21 for 89

2011-6 for 60

2012-0 for 36.

Coincendence maybe.Ill pass on Orb

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Wait what? And Pletcher has Orb now? Verrazano?
    edited April 2013
    Still don't get it, you mean Pletcher can't cheat? And that affects Orb? I'm guessing you mean Verrazano, but don't jinx Palace Malace (who won't quit if he gets ridden like Bodemeister, just a second slower).
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Wait what? And Pletcher has Orb now? Verrazano?

Dirty thanks for the correction... Verrazano....
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Still don't get it, you mean Pletcher can't cheat? And that affects Orb? I'm guessing you mean Verrazano, but don't jinx Palace Malace (who won't quit if he gets ridden like Bodemeister, just a second slower).

Since they change labs Pletcher cant cheat at Churhill...the stat is mind blowing
    edited April 2013
    Houdini wrote: »
    The state of Kentucky changed labs in 2010.Pletcher at Churchill last 3 years

2010-21 for 89

2011-6 for 60

2012-0 for 36.

Coincendence maybe.Ill pass on Orb

Also, I think this might have to do with his increased focus @ Saratoga, but that's only a thought, not backed-up by any facts.
  • Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Taken from DRF.com Link: Keeneland notes: Judy the Beauty drops in class for return in Thursday allowance | Daily Racing Form

Makes you want to go hmmmm...more than coincidence???

Todd Pletcher has close to 20 horses in Barn 34 at Churchill, including several of the favorites for the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks. But unlike in some prior years, when he has left a string at Churchill Downs to compete at the remainder of the spring meet, Pletcher will pull up all stakes to race elsewhere.

Pletcher also said he will not be represented with a string at the Arlington Park meet that begins May 3.
    edited April 2013
    Polamalu43 wrote: »
    Taken from DRF.com Link: Keeneland notes: Judy the Beauty drops in class for return in Thursday allowance | Daily Racing Form

Makes you want to go hmmmm...more than coincidence???

Todd Pletcher has close to 20 horses in Barn 34 at Churchill, including several of the favorites for the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks. But unlike in some prior years, when he has left a string at Churchill Downs to compete at the remainder of the spring meet, Pletcher will pull up all stakes to race elsewhere.

Pletcher also said he will not be represented with a string at the Arlington Park meet that begins May 3.

Like aim for somewhere with $.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Like aim for somewhere with $.

And correct me if I'm wrong here, but the NYRA has more strict regulations
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Belmont opens up on Friday. The purse structure available there absolutely dwarfts those being paid in Kentucky. Top trainers who do not attempt to take advantage of the NYRA purses are doing their owners a dis-service. Plus, I believe that TAP has seen his number of starters at Keeneland drop off a great deal since the poly went down, although he still points toward the bigger stakes races. Johnny V on the shelf hasn't helped, either, and what can you say about the Ramsey/Maker/Rosario factor at Keeneland? Bottom line---I do not believe that testing has anything to do with his numbers being off---but it is about the $$$$. Most of the stable is in NY, and geared up for a Bel/Spa season where you will see the cream rise to the top?
    edited April 2013
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    And correct me if I'm wrong here, but the NYRA has more strict regulations

I'm not sure how rules vs. enforcement works statewide (although Arlington and Churchill fall under different jurisdictions - so that's not big news he's leaving both), but I would imagine if you're taking a chance anywhere, you might as well take a stab at the big money.

Now, if Verrazano scratches under Eskendereya circumstances (to preserve stud value), maybe it's a little suspect, but I think Pletcher wants as many bullets as he can get.

Fuck it. Lines of Battle is gonna get nosed by Palace Malice, anyways.