ELKHORN STAKES--Friday Keeneland

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited April 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
I'm preaching to the choir with this reminder(right, Nate?)

IOYA BIGTIME shows up in this marathon 1 1/2 turf GII worth $150k.. Chi-Town connections have this one ready to yet win again and jump start his spring/summer schedule which will take him to Arlington Millions Day. 3-1 on the ml, but he may drift up to 9/2 or so? Either way, 3-1 is a gift as this hard knocker will get out front and settle into an easy gallop and begin to pull away going into the final turn. He should have things his own way heading for home and it doesn't look like any of these will offer much of a threat late. Nobody know this horse better than Jeff Sanches, and he knows when to ask for his run, which can't be said for the others. His current work-tab shows that he is primed for a big effort coming in off two hard luck losses at the Stream.

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2013

IOYA BIGTIME shows up in this marathon 1 1/2 turf GII worth $150k.. Chi-Town connections have this one ready to yet win again and jump start his spring/summer schedule which will take him to Arlington Millions Day. 3-1 on the ml, but he may drift up to 9/2 or so? Either way, 3-1 is a gift as this hard knocker will get out front and settle into an easy gallop and begin to pull away going into the final turn. He should have things his own way heading for home and it doesn't look like any of these will offer much of a threat late. Nobody know this horse better than Jeff Sanches, and he knows when to ask for his run, which can't be said for the others. His current work-tab shows that he is primed for a big effort coming in off two hard luck losses at the Stream.

I like this one in a big way today. His last effort was far better than it looks like on paper, literally running G1 winner Teak's North in to the ground and spurting clear after pressing better than average fractions only to get passed by a a nice horse with the dream rail run. He held well to hold second over Newsdad who made a large move approaching the turn. With the likes of Al Khali and Pool Play, this one should offer very playable odds, and may in fact be higher than his 3-1 ML as he still earns no respect in the marathon circuit.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2013

I used this one and Joel in my P3's and P4. Honestly, I thought after a mile in 1:41 and change this guy was gone. Thank the lord my buddy Joel can get it done on anything with 4 legs.