7. Pure Fun (30-1)

8. Dreaming of Julia (3-1)

9. Rose to Gold (15-1)

10. Flashy Gray (15-1)

11. Close Hatches (6-1)

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I understand the need to create a very creative line to encourage more wagering, but a couple seem off.

Julia @ 3-1 won't happen.
    Midnight Lucky @ 9-2 won't happen.
    Rose to Gold is too high @ 15-1, slop or not.
    Unlimited Budget will be closer to 6-1 than 7-2.

The rest seem fairly accurate. Thanks for the post Kenny.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    I understand the need to create a very creative line to encourage more wagering, but a couple seem off.

Julia @ 3-1 won't happen.
    Midnight Lucky @ 9-2 won't happen.
    Rose to Gold is too high @ 15-1, slop or not.
    Unlimited Budget will be closer to 6-1 than 7-2.

The rest seem fairly accurate. Thanks for the post Kenny.

This is the worst m/l I have ever seen in my life for a Big Race like the Oaks, I see DOJ and Midnight Lucky going off co-favorites at around 5/2. Pure Fun will come down from that 30/1 on connections alone. He will set Verrazano at 9/2 and Orb at 5/1 on tomorrow.

NOTE: Make sure to stop by Welcome to FBWINNERS.COM for a complete Oaks / Derby package.

gl, fb
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    There is LOADS of speed in this race. I mean, sheesh, Midnight Lucky will have to be a super filly to win this in her third career start. I know she's talented, but she won't see a cent of my money. Dreaming of Julia should kill this field and Unlimited Budget and Pure Fun will pick up the pieces of the torrid pace war.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    SirBear wrote: »
    There is LOADS of speed in this race. I mean, sheesh, Midnight Lucky will have to be a super filly to win this in her third career start. I know she's talented, but she won't see a cent of my money. Dreaming of Julia should kill this field and Unlimited Budget and Pure Fun will pick up the pieces of the torrid pace war.

FYI: They are calling for a 50% chance of rain and if they seal the track like they did right before the Oaks last year it will once again be a Merry Go Round race like last year. The top 3 finishers last went around like a Merry Go Round. Take a look at the charts and watch the replay. This is a must pay attention on Friday. It sucks for us cappers as the track will be sealed, only run on the weeds for stakes race and so forth. Why cannot we get two good weather days of racing!!!!!
    edited April 2013
    Indeed, fast and firm would be nice. Handicapping is hard enough without the added variable of wondering what the track is like.
    edited May 2013
    Hey FB, any word on how the gals are doing down there? I have heard some scuttlebutt that Dreaming of Julia didn't come out of that last work so great, but I generally take these rumors with a grain of salt. After what happened with Life At 10, you'd think Pletcher won't race her if he doesn't think she's right. Thanks.