The Preakness

okjac12okjac12 Senior Member
edited May 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
I WILL BET ON THE LOCAL HORSE. HE WILL BE FRESH AND LITERALLY AN UNKNOWN:smoking: WHO DO YOU LIKE?

Comments

• jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Here's the way I think it'll play out:

Titletown Five will lead from the gate down the back. Goldencents will press from less than a length back. Itsmyluckyday will be somewhere around 4th or 5th and Orb will be near the back.
    On the final turn, as they head for home, Titletown Five will tire and fade. Orb will make his move, but I don't think it'll be enough to catch Goldencents. Itsmyluckyday will stay up for show.

So:
    2 - Goldencents
    1 - Orb
    9 - Itsmyluckyday
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    jjohns7777 wrote: »
    Here's the way I think it'll play out:

Titletown Five will lead from the gate down the back. Goldencents will press from less than a length back. Itsmyluckyday will be somewhere around 4th or 5th and Orb will be near the back.
    On the final turn, as they head for home, Titletown Five will tire and fade. Orb will make his move, but I don't think it'll be enough to catch Goldencents. Itsmyluckyday will stay up for show.

So:
    2 - Goldencents
    1 - Orb
    9 - Itsmyluckyday

I respect this opinion, but did you see Joel will Fiftyshadesofhay home today? Kid is tops.
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    The speed compromises each other in this race. Goldencents' wad is shot. But he'll make things impossible for Gov Charlie who is in for a rude awakening. The main threat to Orb is Will Take Charge.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    If the Jockey on Titletown Five slows the pace down, with Goldencent sitting just off him, Goldencent will have this in his pocket, with Mylute,who has the best closing punch of all, sitting closer than usual will get up for 2nd.
    So my order is: 2 - 5 - 1 - 7 - 4
    That's my Top 5 - Flip Flopping the last 2 for 4th place for the Super

Good Luck and May The Horse Be With You,,,,
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    I respect this opinion, but did you see Joel will Fiftyshadesofhay home today? Kid is tops.

I'm fairly certain at this point that Joel can talk to horses.
    I nearly ripped up my ticket (well hypothetical ticket anyways as it was bet online) at the top of the stretch until from nowhere Joel comes flying with her.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    cinfront wrote: »
    If the Jockey on Titletown Five slows the pace down, with Goldencent sitting just off him, Goldencent will have this in his pocket, with Mylute,who has the best closing punch of all, sitting closer than usual will get up for 2nd.
    So my order is: 2 - 5 - 1 - 7 - 4
    That's my Top 5 - Flip Flopping the last 2 for 4th place for the Super

Good Luck and May The Horse Be With You,,,,

I have a funny feeling they entered Titletown Five to just go out there and run as fast as he can for as long he can to set up for the other 2 Lukas horses. I'm still going with IMLD.

10th race today loved Candyman E then noticed Laurie's Rocket who I've always played landed Rosario. Damn
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    I have a funny feeling they entered Titletown Five to just go out there and run as fast as he can for as long he can to set up for the other 2 Lukas horses. I'm still going with IMLD.

10th race today loved Candyman E then noticed Laurie's Rocket who I've always played landed Rosario. Damn

Candyman E is a scratch so that should simplify things for you!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Yup just seen that, Nice
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain at this point that Joel can talk to horses.
    I nearly ripped up my ticket (well hypothetical ticket anyways as it was bet online) at the top of the stretch until from nowhere Joel comes flying with her.

Same here, although 50 Shades didn't get a "talking to" as much as a fucking beating. Haven't seen the kid get after a horse like that in a while, it's been a lot of hand-rides and horse whispering before that.
  • jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Same here, although 50 Shades didn't get a "talking to" as much as a fucking beating. Haven't seen the kid get after a horse like that in a while, it's been a lot of hand-rides and horse whispering before that.

You guys have a lot of information I don't have. I don't pay a lot of attention to the jockeys, because other than checking percentages online, I don't know much about them. That's something I need to improve on.