New Handicapping App | Race Radar | Testers Wanted

Race RadarRace Radar Junior Member
edited July 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Forum Members,

My name is David Bethune and I'm an (old!) software developer and horseplayer who has created a number of innovative web applications in the 17 years I've been writing web software.

Right now, I'm creating a new app for handicapping in the 21st century, called Race Radar. We're looking for a few good Beta testers to help us mould the app into shape, and a lot of great community input to be sure Race Radar has the features real players want.

Some of the unique features we're working on (and want your input on!) include:
  • An App That Works on 100% of Computers, Tablets, & Phones
  • Tools for Making & Refining Your Own Angles
  • Help Making Your Own Odds Line (after Meadows, et. al.)
  • Recordkeeping
  • Back Testing
  • Phantom Wagering (for testing or contests)

I'd like to personally invite all Horse Racing Talk members with an interest to join us at Race Radar. You can also join the community at Race Radar Community

Please note that the app is not available for purchase yet, but Beta participants will receive a free copy of the released software, as well as special free PP data within the app.

Questions? Comments? Ideas?
I want to hear from you. Write me here, on our forums, or email me directly. I look forward to working with you as we create the horse racing app for the 21st century!

Thanks for Listening,
-- D

David Bethune
Zimidi, Inc.

Race Radar
david@zimidi.com

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Dave,

Horse racing is dead in America. Especially with the "APP" using crowd. I would stick with Shopify.

Dirty.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Dave,

I'll give it a whirl. I'm young (for the horse racing crowd), play races at least a couple days a week, have an iPhone/iPad/Computer to be able to try it on all three platforms, and can be brutally honest on feedback. Just let me know where to go from here.

Nate aka FL
  • Race RadarRace Radar Junior Member
    edited July 2013
    Dirty,

The sport is definitely in decline and has been since television was invented -- because the industry turned down the chance to be on TV when TV was new. But even your grandma has an iPhone now and everyone uses the web, so that's the place where horse racing has to go to find its market. It is still a billion dollar market -- with a "B" :-)

Millions of people watch the Triple Crown every year and even try their luck at wagering, so there is still an interest, but -- just like they when TV was invented, the industry has so far missed out on getting its foot in the door with the latest tech.

In any case, I would love to have your input, Dirty, on some of our community topics:

Race Radar Community

Let's keep the discussion open!
    -- D
    edited July 2013
    Thanks, Nate! I appreciate your help.

Our community page has several topics where your opinions would be really valuable. Just click on any of the topics on this page and add your comments at the bottom, like Facebook.

Race Radar Community

And if you haven't already (and for any other readers who would like to), you can get on the Beta list here:

Race Radar

Let's do this!
    -- D
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Nate, shoot me an email please.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    I also don't like to handicap on my phone, because Obama keeps stealing my plays.
    edited July 2013
    Nate,

I need your email to add you to the Beta. You can write me (david@realmobileracing.com) or sign up here:

Join the Race Radar Beta – Race Radar

Thanks!
    -- D
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Dave,

I'll give it a whirl. I'm young (for the horse racing crowd), play races at least a couple days a week, have an iPhone/iPad/Computer to be able to try it on all three platforms, and can be brutally honest on feedback. Just let me know where to go from here.

Nate aka FL
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    I also don't like to handicap on my phone, because Obama keeps stealing my plays.

LOL
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Nate, shoot me an email please.

Sent.

David, I'll get in touch this weekend.
    edited July 2013
    Sounds great.

Anyone reading this forum is welcome to join the Beta. Here's the link:

Join the Race Radar Beta – Race Radar

See you at the track!