Hollywood Futurity play for Saturday

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited December 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Hollywood - Race 9

#6 Shared Belief (7/2 ml)

Good-looking Hollendorfer trainee has shown speed and versatility in his first two starts, along with a blistering final furlong of 11.3 (while racing 7 furlongs, btw) when he opened up an additional 4 lengths over the stakes winner Kobe's Back (also entered here) through the lane. Based on that (and coupled with the fact that he was capable of sitting comfortably off route-type fractions before unleashing his big late burst), i have to think that he'll find today's stretchout to two turns well within his range. We also know that he likes the surface, contrasted with the fact that today's likely second choice (Tap it Rich) has yet to run here. Has continued to train sharply since his big win last time out, and of course Hollendorfer does just fine on the stretchout to a route, hitting 24% with that type over the last couple of years (also applicable to Hear the Ghost, btw). Could be a big day for King Jerry.

HRT record:

93 for 342 (27%)

$803.3 mutuels ($8.64 avg)

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Tap it Rich is my Derby Future Pool 1 (Pool 4?) horse. I have him and Shared Belief on some fairly decent p4's. Just got my single Blueskiesnrainbows home - for King Jerry (who ran 1-2-3).
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Like power ped in the 8th.
    edited December 2013
    I went ALL on half, the 2 sadler's on the other (a little more than) half.
    edited December 2013
    Hollywood - Race 9

#6 Shared Belief (7/2 ml)

Good-looking Hollendorfer trainee has shown speed and versatility in his first two starts, along with a blistering final furlong of 11.3 (while racing 7 furlongs, btw) when he opened up an additional 4 lengths over the stakes winner Kobe's Back (also entered here) through the lane. Based on that (and coupled with the fact that he was capable of sitting comfortably off route-type fractions before unleashing his big late burst), i have to think that he'll find today's stretchout to two turns well within his range. We also know that he likes the surface, contrasted with the fact that today's likely second choice (Tap it Rich) has yet to run here. Has continued to train sharply since his big win last time out, and of course Hollendorfer does just fine on the stretchout to a route, hitting 24% with that type over the last couple of years (also applicable to Hear the Ghost, btw). Could be a big day for King Jerry.

HRT record:

93 for 342 (27%)

$803.3 mutuels ($8.64 avg)

Oh wow. Currently 3/5 with about 80k bet to win. Never gonna see 2-1 on this animal, and you must get at least that in a field this big.
    edited December 2013
    This fucking horse is a monster. That is all.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Jesus Christ. Wow.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Shared Belief wins impressively @ $4.00 :toast:

Here the video of the race.....worth watching for sure

The 33rd Running of CashCall Futurity (Grade I) - $750,000 Guaranteed - YouTube
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    I would keep an eye on Candy Boy, Stevens moved way too early and right into the teeth of the pace. This one will be much better on real dirt as well. What can you say about Jerry H's gelding.