Saturday's HOLY BULL

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited January 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Alot of good ones in here looking for early points for the Derby, but I'm looking no further than #7 Cairo Prince. I know one of the minor owners and I can tell you now that the connections can't wait to unleash this big guy on Saturday. He is just a head-bob away from being undefeated as in the 1 1/8 Remsen on Nov. 30 he was a nose hair 2nd to the A.P. Indy laster Honor Code after these two battled each other down the stretch. Kieran McGlothlen took him down to PMM and he has been a monster over the training track. Stalk and pounce type, he should get a dream trip behind false speed types and Louis Saez will know when to turn him loose. Don't have a ml yet, but the presence of the Chad Brown and TAP entries should keep it honest, maybe 4-1 or so?

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Sorry about the spelling of McLaughlin, but you knew who I meant. His sire, Pioneer of the Nile, has not had many runners yet to my knowledge, but this one is the real deal, and brought $250k at the sales ring!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    John,

We will be lucky to get 5/2 at post on CP. He is ready to explode this Saturday.

gl!!
    edited January 2014
    I'm not too sure about the details, but apparently one of the owners was pissed as hell at Louie saez after the Remsen Stakes, so much so that there was talk about replacing him with another jock. I'm told that Kiaran went to bat for the kid and is keeping him on.

Louie better not screw this up or he will be gone! Several top-tier jock agent have already been lurking in the shadows for this mount.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Great info, thanks!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm hearing Wicked Strong is doing great!!! JJ is a big plus and the word on him schooling this week is he is dappled out and about to bust out of his skin. Boys it's about to start rolling!!!! I'm JACKED!!!!

GL, FB
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    This is always the best part of the year. Do we know anybody with a decent 3yo this year?
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Unbelievablely talented field this early on. Conquest Titan replay keeps catching my eye, but not a chance that 12-1 stands!
    edited January 2014
    Conquest Titan was not flattered by his work-out partner's performance last week in the Smarty Jones. Coastline ran a even 3rd all the way around the track and never showed any desire to go after the two leaders. Tanzanite Cat was throwing down some pretty fast fractions for a somewhat dull OP strip, but there are some in the Holy Bull who will be doing likewise.

I think you will get 10-1 or better on Conquest Titan, mainly because every talking head from Bloodhorse and Steve Byk show are jizzin all over themselves with talk about Cairo Prince. Kiaran has not exactly been quiet about how he is coming into this race and his works at PMM are well noted by the big players.