Big Cap---big Play!

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited March 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Saturday's Big Cap is going to be one for the ages! This is one of those races where year in and year out, I make a big play. This year will be no different.

Yesterday, long before the rain and sleet came thru, Lukas sent WTC out for a work, going 4f in 47.4.This work was run over a track that has been very deep and slow the entire meet. Backside onlookers said he did it with ease, never being asked. To say that the Coach has him on "TILT" is an understatement!

What WTC has going for him is Mike Smith riding GOD. He will go out front and set a torid pace, which bodes well for WTC, who should be sitting back off the early runners and commence his push-button run rounding the turn. This colt hasn't missed a beat since day one, and his winning ways should continue. If WTC doesn't get the win---I'm going to have a lot of work to do!

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    John I watched MMM work yesterday and he was just full of life and energy. I think he will be awful tough to beat on sat.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Ray, couldn't agree more, but after that fiasco with the Rainbow Pick-6 a couple of weeks back at GP, I've got a burr under my saddle cloth for all the Ritvo clan! But, I think its between these two, as GOD will run most of the others into submission.

One thing you have going for MMM is that I noticed on DRF last night that our ole friend, Draynay, is touting WTC as a can't lose ----KISS OF DEATH!
    edited March 2014
    I will say that WTC was closing the gap in his debut at that speed favoring track..this horse is the real deal and I also think it's a two horse race. Not really sure what you mean by the ritvo barn? Maybe you can educate me cause I don't really follow Florida racing too much. Thanks..
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Kathy Ritvo is the trainer of MMM, you may remember she is the gal who had the heart transplant a while back. Tim Ritvo is the Gen. Mgr. of GP. They are somehow related.

FB is probably better suited to explain what happened on the Rainbow Pick-6 a few weeks back. The horse that Kenny put out won at a huge price, and was taken down by the stewards on a questionable call. Although Kenny still hit a huge exacta and a huge P/S wager, the DQ cost him around 20 large! Turns out that one winning ticket was alive to the horse that was taken down, thus the carry-over continued. Lot of talk about Tim Ritvo being involved with the stewards to insure the pick-6 continued, although GP officials have denied any collusion?
    edited March 2014
    I remember that. It was 1 ticket alive to about a million bucks. The horse racing world on twitter blew up after that. I just took a look at the entries on big cap day and it looks like big fields and tough races. Going to see if pp's are available yet.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Great day of racing Saturday. Well, pretty decent.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Great day of racing Saturday. Well, pretty decent.

Best card since BC I think.

Expecting big things from On The Backstreets in the China Doll. Next big thing!
    edited March 2014
    I agree FL. Starting to handicap sometime this evening. I'm going to put a nice size pick5 cause I think it's going to pay buckets. Two horses I just want to put out just because I've been on them for a few starts no is big macher and full ransom. Don't know odds let but maybe a good price. A note from last weekend is that anniversary kitty scratched the other day for this spot in the china doll.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Saturday's Big Cap is going to be one for the ages! This is one of those races where year in and year out, I make a big play. This year will be no different.

Yesterday, long before the rain and sleet came thru, Lukas sent WTC out for a work, going 4f in 47.4.This work was run over a track that has been very deep and slow the entire meet. Backside onlookers said he did it with ease, never being asked. To say that the Coach has him on "TILT" is an understatement!

What WTC has going for him is Mike Smith riding GOD. He will go out front and set a torid pace, which bodes well for WTC, who should be sitting back off the early runners and commence his push-button run rounding the turn. This colt hasn't missed a beat since day one, and his winning ways should continue. If WTC doesn't get the win---I'm going to have a lot of work to do!

John,

I got back in town today and have been burning the phone lines up and I talked to my sources at SA and your boy got off the plane just like he left Oaklawn. My contact told me he is TOES and about to BUST OUT OF HIS SKIN. Let's hope GOD takes some money so you can get a solid 2/1 at post. Good luck to you and maybe we can get some of our coin back from Money Fan!!! UGH!!!!!!