Kentucky Derby Tickets

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited April 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Figured I'd check here before scouring the ticket broker sites. Anyone have a line on any derby tickets? Looking for 6 seats.

On another note, anyone else plan on attending? I'll be there for Oaks/Derby.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Oaks/Derby
    Do it while you're young!
    Damned near killed me last year! 160k people on a rainy Saturday is something you have to do, at least once? If you want to spend the big money, and it is worth it, the club seating on 3rd floor up is the only way to really enjoy the show, and Matt Winn room or others are ideal. But I think those seats are bought up by brokers and are selling for $1,500 a seat or somewhere in that range. Cheap tickets around $250??

Belmont Stakes Saturday may be the best day in racing you can attend. But the next 3 or 4 days at Oaklawn ain't bad either! Can't wait to see Close Hatches and On Fire Baby hook up in Apple Blossom---and Will Take Charge try to run down Revolutionary in the Oaklawn Hdc.---and baring some unforeseen event, I will be playing Bayern in the Arkansas Derby. I'm hearing some people in the biz using words like "FREAK" to describe Bayern, but he has had a minor hoof problem and missed some work, and his last work was not as fast as others, BUT, he is from Baffert Barn and Gary Stevens isn't going to put his ass on the line for a KY derby mount that he doesn't think is a real player!

Aron Wellman of Eclipse/Dogwood is bringing in DANZA, for Ark Derby, and I'm going to try to buddy up with his group and see if I can get a saddling pass for the race. Look for me on the infield when saddling!
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I'll be sure to be on the lookout JG! Arkansas Derby is still on my horse racing trips, I'll be out there sooner or later.

We are grabbing our tickets this weekend, it looks like we'll be in the low 120s in between the 1/8th and 1/16th pole. Anyone attending, time to meet up for a drink! I'll be there with a group of six.