bluegrass and arkansas derby plays.

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited April 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
bluegrass...
#5 bobbys kitten ml 3-1
this guy has the ability to rate and if the track is playing like it was yesterday he wants no part of this lead. in his 1st start he was was dead last in a toga turf race and it was one of worst rides i think i ever saw rosario give. over confident in last and made several different moves and jump into 3 or 4 different paths. its hard for me to pick the ml fav but i dont see nothing in race.

arkansas derby
#9 strong mandate ml 9-2
should get more then just 9-2 because bayern will get crushed and i just want a good ride on SM.sit him right off lead, like in 3rd or 4th and make 1 run at them in the lane.

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Good luck today!

I'm on Dance with Fate in the Bluegrass.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Like Medal Count in Bluegrass Love when horses come right back after win. Trainer could have derby fever but still like him here.

Definitely agree with your Arkansas Derby pick

Good Luck
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Gl guys..fl I didn't like DWF to win because his last race was ideal and he still got run down.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    rayphil wrote: »
    bluegrass...
    #5 bobbys kitten ml 3-1
    this guy has the ability to rate and if the track is playing like it was yesterday he wants no part of this lead. in his 1st start he was was dead last in a toga turf race and it was one of worst rides i think i ever saw rosario give. over confident in last and made several different moves and jump into 3 or 4 different paths. its hard for me to pick the ml fav but i dont see nothing in race.

arkansas derby
    #9 strong mandate ml 9-2
    should get more then just 9-2 because bayern will get crushed and i just want a good ride on SM.sit him right off lead, like in 3rd or 4th and make 1 run at them in the lane.

I'm not sure if matters, but Ken Ramsey was on TVG a few days back talking about Bobby's Kittten like he was already in the Derby.
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Keeneland Race 11 Asserting Bear Across The Board Bet

Oaklawn Race 11 Strong Mandate Price Play
    edited April 2014
    DWF proved me wrong. Nobody else was finishing..
    edited April 2014
    SM is no longer playable to unless it's 7f or shorter..bayern 3rd. Classic derby approaching...if CC gets a good post draw we will have the shortest favorite in the derby in a long time..
  • JohnnyPutzJohnnyPutz Member
    edited April 2014
    Yep, Big Brown was what, 2-1 or 5/2?I was really just getting in to racing the year BB won the derby, so I don't really remember, was he this far above the other 3yo's that year? Or is Cali Chrome on another level? If CC is 5/2 at post time I will be shocked. The only 2 horses that have a chance to be single digit odds besides him are Constitution and Wicked Strong. If I had to make a guess, CC is 5/2 on the ML, 8/1 for both WS and Constitution.
  • JohnnyPutzJohnnyPutz Member
    edited April 2014
    And one thing to note from the Arkansas Derby, Danza's final time was 1:49.68, WtC ran the Handicap in 1:49.55, so Danza was only .13 off of WtC's time. Granted, with the awful ride Saez gave WtC, he probably went an extra furlong haha, while Danza saved all the ground, but it is noteworthy I think. Danza may not be as much of a fluke as people think, the lightbulb may have just went on at the right time.
    edited April 2014
    IMO WTC needs a break. He runs hard to the wire every race and to me he just looks tired. I know Lukas sing going to do that but that's my thought.