Medal Count enters field

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited May 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Medal Count enters field

Medal Count, second in the Blue Grass and eighth in the Kentucky Derby, will run in the Belmont Stakes, trainer Dale Romans confirmed Tuesday afternoon. Robby Albarado will ride.

The decision to run was made Tuesday afternoon at a meeting between Romans and B. Wayne Hughes, owner of Spendthrift Farm, which owns Medal Count.

“He’s been training so well since the Derby,” Romans said. “He’s a Triple Crown horse horse, he should run in a Triple Crown race.”

Medal Count, a son of Dynaformer, has 3 wins from 8 starts including a victory in the Grade 3 Transylvania Stakes, a race rained off the turf and run over Keeneland’s Polytrack.

Comments

• JohnnyPutzJohnnyPutz Member
    edited May 2014
    He's definitely interesting to me. I liked him in the derby, he had a pretty rough trip. Not that it mattered, but I think he could have cracked the top 4 with a clean trip. I would be very surprised if he is the one who dethrones Cali Chrome, but I will be using him on my tickets. Dynaformer had a 10 Furlong win on the dirt in 88, and a 12 furlong 3rd in 89.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Better suited for the weeds isnt he?
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Better suited for the weeds isnt he?

His breeding and past performances would suggest so, but when it comes to the TC races you know those things go out the window!