Which circuit

PacManPacMan Member
edited November 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
do you make the most money from (via wagering)?

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2007
    Southern Cal circuit is where I make most of my money (or lose the least)
    Also do quite well at local Harness tracks (Balmoral, Hawthorne, Maywood)
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited November 2007
    philadelphia park...monticello for harness...w2w
  • twindoubletwindouble Junior Member
    edited November 2007
    PacMan wrote: »
    do you make the most money from (via wagering)?

At the present time it's Mountaineer but at one time it was Green Mountain (long gone), then it was Finger lakes, then Belmont and Aqueduct. I loved Rockingham with the flats. Now I'm experimenting with the west coast tracks, only because of Poly track, I believe whenever there's change be it the wagering menu or different surfaces there's opportunity for us. I really like Mnr but their wagering menu leaves a lot to be desired.

On another note I think most handicappers can make the transition to other tracks if they are patient enough to get to know it.
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited November 2007
    santa anita, hollywood,delmar, fairplex,los alamitos
    edited November 2007
    turfman wrote: »
    santa anita, hollywood,delmar, fairplex,los alamitos

I tuned into Los Alamitos a couple times, looks like fun racing but I know squat about quarter horses so I didn't indulge. I'm getting the others down pretty good, haven't stepped out yet on the wagering but I see no problem with the artificial tracks and I do like what they offer for a wagering menu, ESP the pick 5.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2007
    twindouble wrote: »
    I tuned into Los Alamitos a couple times, looks like fun racing but I know squat about quarter horses so I didn't indulge. I'm getting the others down pretty good, haven't stepped out yet on the wagering but I see no problem with the artificial tracks and I do like what they offer for a wagering menu, ESP the pick 5.

Quarter Horses are a blast to watch and wager small money. I tend to bet on these later weekend nights after a few drinks. I have very little handicapping skill towards these races though. My main handicapping angle is really trips (similar to Harness for me). Any horse that has broken badly and/or bumped at starts really never had a perfect chance to get going. Follow usual class dropper angle and even check fastest times and go from there. All in all I just bet it for fun but catch some nice winners on occasion.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2007
    My primary circuit is Southern California, but i did exceptionally well with the Belmont/Saratoga 2yo's this year...
    edited November 2007
    My primary circuit is Southern California, but i did exceptionally well with the Belmont/Saratoga 2yo's this year...

Hats off to you on the 2yo's, I avoid them unless they had at least 3 races, even then they can improve a lot off their last.
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited November 2007
    los al is a reg. dirt track and home of the worlds fastest horses for 1/4 of a mile!!!!!
  • bbyhillbbyhill Member
    edited November 2007
    S. Cal