Does anybody else do this?

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited November 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Drive your car like you're on a horse? I'm the worst. I "shake the reins" at my steering wheel, drift out like a turf horse on turns, keep people boxed in (usually only assholes in mustangs and boxters when they get a little too sporty for my taste)....

I even drive different depending on the car, like mine has a great turn of foot, so i can get in and out of any situation, but my brothers truck is more of a plodder, so I try not to get checked or take up.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh, and has anybody ordered a catch caddy yet?
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    You are too much...lol
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    I have an old Land Rover we use around the farm. If it were a horse, it would have been put on an over crowded trailer and shipped to either Mexico or Canada. But I did right by the vehicle, and found a second career(trash hauling, etc.) for it.

However, I can still look down into that "Black Hole" between the seats and the arm rest and see 10 year old French fries . If only the "Catch Caddy" were around 10 years ago?
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Drive your car like you're on a horse? I'm the worst. I "shake the reins" at my steering wheel, drift out like a turf horse on turns, keep people boxed in (usually only assholes in mustangs and boxters when they get a little too sporty for my taste)....

I even drive different depending on the car, like mine has a great turn of foot, so i can get in and out of any situation, but my brothers truck is more of a plodder, so I try not to get checked or take up.

JohnnyPutz had this conversation with me a few weeks back. I looked at him like he was crazy, apparently he is not alone!!!
    edited July 2014
    If your speeding ticket excuse has ever been, "I was getting pulled out of the saddle..."
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    I was so jacked up with Chrome, I used to hit straight away like his move down the lane. I would tell my kids we just chromed them!! "My little girl would say, Daddy how FAST!" I'd say about 60 Cough Cough!!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Haha we are all the same! Usually on a Saturday heading home from work around 5pm on 95. 3 lanes not many cars around I will pull in the middle lane behind someone going around 50 stalk a little pull into high speed then pull away at 65!!! Gone lol
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Many times I try timing my run down the stretch in my taurus to a large highway sign catching a car in front of me at the wire. At least i dont feel like the only crazy one out there anymore.
    edited July 2014
    Horsin~Aro wrote: »
    Many times I try timing my run down the stretch in my taurus to a large highway sign catching a car in front of me at the wire. At least i dont feel like the only crazy one out there anymore.

LOL. I do quite a bit of this. I'm ambitious though, and usually I can't get up, but I'll pass them going a buck twenty on the gallop out.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    LOL. I do quite a bit of this. I'm ambitious though, and usually I can't get up, but I'll pass them going a buck twenty on the gallop out.

lol Buck Twenty think my car would fall apart!!!
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Just try not to force a stewards inquiry (e.g. highway patrol) . . . :)
    edited July 2014
    shh10 wrote: »
    Just try not to force a stewards inquiry (e.g. highway patrol) . . . :)

Yeah I already have a meeting with the stewards (court) next month.
    edited November 2016
    I did this earlier and thought of this.