Ludicrous (and other notes on Saturday's 2yo race @ the Spa)

13»

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Okay, here's our Bully Proof update....

Most recent work came h/u from the gate with Our Commodore, an unraced barnmate who happens to be the 8/5 ml favorite in this same race.

In the work prior to that, he appeared to have been slightly outworked by Royal Son, who ran second @ Saratoga a couple of times last summer before disappearing along with Bully Proof.

Prior to that, Bully Proof worked a h/u bullet with JS Bach, who came out of that drill to run second @ Gulfstream last week.
    edited January 2015
    Royal Son is entered @ Gulfstream tomorrow. Shorter half of an uncoupled entry for Pletcher
    edited January 2015
    Royal Son is entered @ Gulfstream tomorrow. Shorter half of an uncoupled entry for Pletcher

Update here: Royal Son's penultimate workout (12/20) came heads-up with Commissioner, who was last seen running second in the Belmont Stakes.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Update here: Royal Son's penultimate workout (12/20) came heads-up with Commissioner, who was last seen running second in the Belmont Stakes.

Apparently everybody was on this one... Saved me $$$.
    edited January 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Apparently everybody was on this one... Saved me $$$.

Yeah, i actually saw 1/5 on him at one point. A lot of lucky people out there when he got put up on the DQ.

Pletcher has one going today (Materiality) that is coming off two straight drills with winners, one of whom is Royal Son, the other of whom is an impressive maiden winner fro the Ziade barn (recent private purchase for Pletcher?).
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, i actually saw 1/5 on him at one point. A lot of lucky people out there when he got put up on the DQ.

Pletcher has one going today (Materiality) that is coming off two straight drills with winners, one of whom is Royal Son, the other of whom is an impressive maiden winner fro the Ziade barn (recent private purchase for Pletcher?).

Where has this one been hiding out? Looks the part for just about anything, and getting $5.40/$4.00 on win/place looks like a gift! DC, thanks for the heads up on this one!
  • roundtripparoundtrippa Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Thank you DC! Singled him on my P4 tix today, nice cashes!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2015

Gracias. I bet it very small at evens and got a nice surprise.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    What do you know about Requite? Can you confirm that he worked with the Calhoun horse?

ON THE COMEBACK TRAIL

Requite (Warrior’s Reward) has not raced since last September. The colt, owned by Bermuda Limestone Thoroughbreds, won at first asking at Saratoga Aug. 9 and wrapped up his two-start campaign with a fourth-place finish in the GI Hopeful S. Sept. 1. The bay has posted four recent workouts at Palm Beach Downs.

"He’s coming back well," Weaver explained. "He was a little slow to come back to where we want him, but his last couple weeks have been his best couple of weeks. I’m going to work him [Tuesday] and he should be coming up to a start fairly quickly as well."
    edited April 2015
    Great to hear. I've actually seen his name on Kentucky Derby sheets all Spring (lol), and was trying to remember the last time i'd seen him run. Was pretty sure he hadn't been out since Saratoga, unless he slipped by me somewhere.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    Couldn't figure out why I kept getting updates on Da Jenius. Finished 5th yesterday at 119-1
    edited June 2016
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Couldn't figure out why I kept getting updates on Da Jenius. Finished 5th yesterday at 119-1

Wow, there's a blast from the past. I didn't even realize he was still in training. Kind of gets me thinking about Saratoga again. Right around the corner!
  • FLYBYNIGHTFLYBYNIGHT Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    Look at De Jenius line, this horse seems to run every week, i get a notification he is entered in a race all most weekly