Ludicrous (and other notes on Saturday's 2yo race @ the Spa)

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2014
    The Requite/Da Jenius exacta was paying like 50/1. First and third. Ugh.

Other than that, a great result.

Btw, we should all bear in mind that this result flatters our tipster W V Jetsetter in tomorrow's Saratoga Special. He's listed at a juicy 10/1 ml.

But i must admit, i'm a little concerned about FB's comments earlier in the thread:

fbwinners wrote: »
    His last work he handled W V Jetsetter with ease, and galloped out like a BEAST. WV never could get passed him at any time. He toyed with him!

Anything more we know about this? It seems to fly in the face of the quote from Weaver i posted this morning:
    Trainer George Weaver hasn’t had very long to get acquainted with W V Jetsetter, who was purchased privately and sent to Saratoga less than two weeks ago. But what Weaver’s seen, he’s liked enough to believe he’s got as good a chance as any to win Sunday’s $200,000 Saratoga Special.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    The Requite/Da Jenius exacta was paying like 50/1. First and third. Ugh.

Other than that, a great result.

Btw, we should all bear in mind that this result flatters our tipster W V Jetsetter in tomorrow's Saratoga Special. He's listed at a juicy 10/1 ml.

But i must admit, i'm a little concerned about FB's comments earlier in the thread:

Anything more we know about this? It seems to fly in the face of the quote from Weaver i posted this morning:

What else you think Weaver is going to say about a private purchase put in his lap. Ill update in the morning after I talk to my boy on the backside. I'm still laughing at 8/5 or a 8/1!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Just read somewhere that these Warriors Reward Firsters are hitting at a decent clip.

Going to waste a few more dollars going with Mr Dooley in the 8th. Box exactas and a few across.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Navarre in the 9th @ Del Mar is crushed in the horizontals. Absolutely crushed.
    edited August 2014
    Well boys, I'm alive to 6 horses in the last leg of the Del Mar P4, and I hedged the others, so I'm just relaxing with a smile. But lets get the 12 home....
    edited August 2014
    My 2 plays.

Del Mar 7 $0.50 P4 5,11,12 / 2,8 / 1,8,10 / 1,5,6,8,10,12 $54.00 $1,326.40
    Del Mar 7 $0.50 P4 6,7 / 2,8 / 1,2,4,7,8,9,10,11 / 1,5,6,8,10,12 $96.00 $0.00

Plus $200 bucks worth of hedges.

The biggest note from today is that Kulik Lodge, the Proctor runner in the 7th has a ton of heart. He will not let a horse by (and he did the same to G1 winner Lochte in his maiden race). Let's look out for this one.
    edited August 2014
    What else you think Weaver is going to say about a private purchase put in his lap.

Good point.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Good point.

DCat,

My contact told me in his notes, that WV was never getting by Requite and actually lost that work by 3 lengths!! With the outside post and the poor work, I'm thinking pass!
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Weaver was just on OBT TV from Saratoga. Said that WV worked together with Requite on
    August 3rd and finished together with him. Clocker had them both at 1:00 flat for 5 furlongs. Weaver is hoping for a fast pace early from some others and WV will close into todays longer distance.
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Fwiw i think the tote board on wv may be the key to seeing if he's live. And agree with ya d'shirt KULIK LODGE is all heart & tougher than shoe leather
    edited August 2014
    Check out the trip by Mr. Z in the Sanford. He is live here...
    edited August 2014
    4th race Saturday:

Ludicrous, Bayerd and Today's Agenda

Should be interesting
    edited August 2014
    Nothing recent of note on Ludicrous. Worked from the gate with a couple of unraced barnmates (Tracking Stock and Dispersion).
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Nothing recent of note on Ludicrous. Worked from the gate with a couple of unraced barnmates (Tracking Stock and Dispersion).

Work mate didn't run at all on Thursday. May of been the conditions but didn't show anything. It was well composed and they worked together on the 8/8 drill.
    edited August 2014
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    4th race Saturday:

Ludicrous, Bayerd and Today's Agenda

Should be interesting

Almost had the tri. Ludicrous just couldn't keep it together.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Almost had the tri. Ludicrous just couldn't keep it together.

I had this tri and exacta bet fairly heavily....needless to say I'm not too happy right now.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    poor guy was put down...made my stomach sick..
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    rayphil wrote: »
    poor guy was put down...made my stomach sick..

Damn. From my initial viewing I thought he was going to be alright.
    edited September 2014
    As for her offspring Da Jenius, during the last several weeks he has worked with a 3yo barnmate named Lovely Elle, at least two and possibly three different times. In fact, Da Jenius has outworked Lovely Elle, and that's noteworthy not only because Lovely Elle is a 3yo, but more importantly because Lovely Elle was entered yesterday (Friday) in a 3yo maiden-claimer, and ran a very strong third, though she was beaten roughly 7 lengths at the wire. Reason being, Lovely Elle absolutely blew the start, breaking about 3 lengths slow, but then flashed excellent speed when immediately rushing up to the heels of the leading group, then shifted to the outside on the turn and came up to challenge the heavy 4/5 favorite into the lane, before all her efforts finally caught up with her and she faltered. Still a nice run though, and quite encouraging that Da Jenius has been outworking that gal (particularly considering the age difference).

Lovely Elle has been entered @ Parx this Saturday, and is listed @ 6/1 ml. Surely you jest.
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Aldrin is entered at Belmont, today Race 1. Field of 6. M/L is 9-5
    edited September 2014
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Or needs some distance on second look....

He needs way more distance, like finger lakes.
    edited September 2014
    Requite is tearing a hole in the Spa track and will be HAMMERED at the windows tomorrow. The 8/1 ML is FUNNY! Don't sleep on Call Daddy!

Call Daddy goes today Belmont 5th
    edited September 2014
    Call Daddy goes today Belmont 5th

Think he might've just outworked the Jerkens trainee in Race 9 (Bow Tie Boss). Unconfirmed.
    edited September 2014
    Lovely Elle has been entered @ Parx this Saturday, and is listed @ 6/1 ml. Surely you jest.

Lovely Elle wins @ $9.80
    edited September 2014
    Lovely Elle wins @ $9.80

Good call.
    edited October 2014
    Lovely Elle is entered in a starter-allowance @ Belmont tomorrow, listed as the second choice @ 5/2.
    edited October 2014
    Lovely Elle is entered in a starter-allowance @ Belmont tomorrow, listed as the second choice @ 5/2.

Ran third.
    edited November 2014
    Lovely Elle is entered back tomorrow @ Gulfstream Park West.

...at 10/1 ml???
    edited December 2014
    Bully Proof goes tomorrow in the 1st at Gulfstream
    edited December 2014
    Bully Proof goes tomorrow in the 1st at Gulfstream

Nice catch, thank you. I had forgotten all about that horse. Had to re-read this thread from the beginning just to refresh my memory. Perfect example of why these types of threads are a good idea.