Arlington Million

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited August 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Well, tomorrow is the one day each year where Illinois is the king of horse racing. Although the Million field is short, it turned out to be a pretty excellent card. I've gone through some of the card and will continue through the rest later this evening/early tomorrow before heading to the track.

Please feel free to chime in with any that you like tomorrow.

St. Leger
#8 Admiral Kitten (10-1) : This one has thrown in a few clunkers this season and quite frankly did not look like the same horse for awhile. Well last race, in his return to Arlington, he sat last in a compact field that clicked off fractions a 4 claimer would run at. Still, he came with that run that I haven't seen since 2013 and just missed (in typical Leparoux fashion). He should get a better pace here and I dont think distance will be an issue (I'm willing to put a line through his only 1 1/2 mile race). Now, I tend to fall prey to bad morning lines, so I'm going to be honest. I do not expect a penny higher than 5-1.

Secretariat
#6 Adelaide (8-5) : Well, I tried. I looked, and looked, and looked some more. I really cant seem to find a horse that can even come close to Adelaide on his best (or quite frankly even his B+ game). This one should not have lost his last, even though he was hampered some. I'm hoping Tourist takes a ton of money and I get the morning line here. My single for the stakes Pick 4.

Beverly D
Ummm...help? There are few here that would be surprise and a half dozen I can make a solid case for. I am not sure where my money will be going at this point.

Million
#5 Up With the Birds (6-1) : I love this one tomorrow. Love. Magician and Real Solution are both fantastic horses, they really are, but my money will be with the Bird tomorrow. If you take away his starts 2&3 back this horse is incredibly consistent (something was wrong those two races, I'm certain of it, and the short layoff supports that). He returned to his home track in Woodbine and fired that move he had in 2013 where he defeated horses like Admiral Kitten, Winning Cause, and Jack Milton. I'm a little concerned with the pace, especially if Core scratches in lieu of the St. Leger, but you have to love the upside and the price here.

Enjoy the great racing tomorrow! :toast:

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Great day of racing! Wish I were there.

But, perhaps the hardest day of handicapping known to man.

I think I'll just play it race-to-race. I will have my eye on a few in each race and watch to parade and see which ones look the best? The Irish Coolmore were getting rave reviews tonight on HRRN.

Good Luck !
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    FL..dont leave somali lemonade out..the blinkers changed her..she will be more then 6-1 ml..
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    rayphil wrote: »
    FL..dont leave somali lemonade out..the blinkers changed her..she will be more then 6-1 ml..

She's on my short list! I've gotten it down to the far inside and far outside...
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm leaving out early AM and heading over to NOLA to HAMMER this one tomorrow. This BITCH is ready to run and if JJ can give me a clean trip, the remainder of this field is running for 2nd. I'm telling you this one will love the weed course at Arlington. I'm ALL IN tomorrow!!!!

Alterite (FR) - Win and Place
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    fbwinners wrote: »
    I'm leaving out early AM and heading over to NOLA to HAMMER this one tomorrow. This BITCH is ready to run and if JJ can give me a clean trip, the remainder of this field is running for 2nd. I'm telling you this one will love the weed course at Arlington. I'm ALL IN tomorrow!!!!

Alterite (FR) - Win and Place

Thanks FB! Give me a ring tomorrow in the AM!
    edited August 2014
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Thanks FB! Give me a ring tomorrow in the AM!

Will do!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Well, tomorrow is the one day each year where Illinois is the king of horse racing. Although the Million field is short, it turned out to be a pretty excellent card. I've gone through some of the card and will continue through the rest later this evening/early tomorrow before heading to the track.

Please feel free to chime in with any that you like tomorrow.

St. Leger
    #8 Admiral Kitten (10-1) : This one has thrown in a few clunkers this season and quite frankly did not look like the same horse for awhile. Well last race, in his return to Arlington, he sat last in a compact field that clicked off fractions a 4 claimer would run at. Still, he came with that run that I haven't seen since 2013 and just missed (in typical Leparoux fashion). He should get a better pace here and I dont think distance will be an issue (I'm willing to put a line through his only 1 1/2 mile race). Now, I tend to fall prey to bad morning lines, so I'm going to be honest. I do not expect a penny higher than 5-1.

Secretariat
    #6 Adelaide (8-5) : Well, I tried. I looked, and looked, and looked some more. I really cant seem to find a horse that can even come close to Adelaide on his best (or quite frankly even his B+ game). This one should not have lost his last, even though he was hampered some. I'm hoping Tourist takes a ton of money and I get the morning line here. My single for the stakes Pick 4.

Beverly D
    Ummm...help? There are few here that would be surprise and a half dozen I can make a solid case for. I am not sure where my money will be going at this point.

Million
    #5 Up With the Birds (6-1) : I love this one tomorrow. Love. Magician and Real Solution are both fantastic horses, they really are, but my money will be with the Bird tomorrow. If you take away his starts 2&3 back this horse is incredibly consistent (something was wrong those two races, I'm certain of it, and the short layoff supports that). He returned to his home track in Woodbine and fired that move he had in 2013 where he defeated horses like Admiral Kitten, Winning Cause, and Jack Milton. I'm a little concerned with the pace, especially if Core scratches in lieu of the St. Leger, but you have to love the upside and the price here.

Enjoy the great racing tomorrow! :toast:

Thanks for the write up. Hope you're good homie, time flies.
    edited August 2014
    Little birdie just gave me a tout for one on the undercard:

Race 6
    Straight Line Stakes $65k
    3yo one mile poly

#5 Bourbonize, 7/2

Word I got is that he has been on the shelf for almost 3 months and is coming out of his skin and kicking down the stall. His last work was sub 1:00 for 5f. Leparoux has the call, which is a concern, but he will be up front if anyone wants to go, or on the lead if the pace is moderate. He has run against much better than he faces today and he will be a key play for me today.

W/P
    ex & tri key 5---3/6/10

good luck!
    edited August 2014
    Wrong info on the workout
    4 in 48 at CD
    edited August 2014
    Nugget I just came across, Demander in Race 8 at the Spa has been tearing a hole in the ground of late per my backside source, he is listed at 30/1 on the ML and I just went to NYRA and I know the reason now, he has been gelded!! Don't leave this one off your tickets today and he's worth a token WPS on the ladder end.

GL, FB
    edited August 2014
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Nugget I just came across, Demander in Race 8 at the Spa has been tearing a hole in the ground of late per my backside source, he is listed at 30/1 on the ML and I just went to NYRA and I know the reason now, he has been gelded!! Don't leave this one off your tickets today and he's worth a token WPS on the ladder end.

GL, FB

$13.20 to show, thats why you ladder 33/1 shots!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    the million I thought was a short field but a horse coming from a 50k race at delaware gets the job done.