Official Contest Standings

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited November 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
Alright, this contest seemed a bit of a mess. Alot of people are/would be DQ'd for several errors in posting including picking too many horses, wrong tracks, single day postings, and no description. If you have an asterik (*) by your name see the bottom.

1-Choons81-97.00*
2-Tima59-76.00

dragonswirl-68.60
richard61-62.50*
oscar-51.80*
turfman-51.50*
thechief-43.60
wire2wire-43.20
Lightning-31.80
bbyhill-30.40
handijoe-26.50
atthewire-23.40
twisterfarm-17.20
flybynight-12.30
duckgawd-4.20
flyinlate-0.00
inthefog-0.00

Choons81-You made 11 selections overall (2 "7th picks"). Not sure if this will DQ you, that is for Vironica and Ed to decide.

Richard61-Please go over the rules again. You posted wrong tracks, too many picks, wrong days listed, etc

Oscar-Fairgrounds is not on the track list.

Turfman-Selections need to be from atleast 2 different days of the contest.

As usual, if anyone sees any errors please reply immediately. If you posted a Golden Gate or Fairgrounds selection your total will be off as it wasn't included. Choons, I went over your picks twice, I'm hoping I just miscounted or missed a scratch, please let me know if I did.

Comments

• TwisterfarmTwisterfarm Member
    edited November 2007
    Great contest, it was fun.
  • dragonswirldragonswirl Senior Member
    edited November 2007
    A question that came up this time.

1. How is an entry treated? Since this is a picking contest I presume if you pick a part of the entry which does not cash, it is a loser, even though in real life you would still get paid.

Regards,
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2007
    A question that came up this time.

1. How is an entry treated? Since this is a picking contest I presume if you pick a part of the entry which does not cash, it is a loser, even though in real life you would still get paid.

Regards,

I normally use the pick listed as people list #/Horse name (people tend to type 1A/Name for example, instead of 1/1A and both names). This has been a question I've been meaning to discuss with Ed and Vironica though. I'm sure Vironica or Ed will respond in here with an answer for me to use in the future.
  • bbyhillbbyhill Member
    edited November 2007
    it was a lot of fun cant wait till the next one
    edited November 2007
    bbyhill wrote: »
    it was a lot of fun cant wait till the next one

Oh by the way, I wanted to thank you for catching your error and correcting and clarifying your picks. Made things very easy on me! Thanks! :thumbup:
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited November 2007
    This is a horse racing contest, and if you use an "entry" then you get both of the horses, since they are both considered #1..... And a good time to use the entry is when you are need of a few bucks to break the $100 mark, as im sure Choons was trying too!
    edited November 2007
    Spoke with Vironica, no DQ for you Choons so congratulations!! :toast:

Good luck next contest everyone, expect a carryover for some bigger prizes (Y)