One month in the books...

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited December 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Well, my site has been open for a month now.

And despite starting off with one of my worst losing streaks ever (0-for12 at one point; 3-for-23 at another point), i managed to go on an incredible run over the last 10 days or so to finish the month in the black. My current record stands as follows:

12 for 54 (22.2%)

$115.60 mutuels ($9.63 avg)

That's good for a 6.9% profit. Certainly nothing to brag about, but after the kind of start i had to open the site, i'll take it. I hope that everyone has been happy with the service thus far. Incidentally, some people were wondering how many plays they could expect from the site. I hope this post provides a good barometer.

DiscreetPicks

Comments

• daviddavid Banned
    edited November 2007
    why dont you give us a free day-you advertise your service here for free
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2007
    I gave "free day's" here for a couple of months. Ask anyone.

That being said, i am looking into the possibility of giving out a free play, perhaps once a week. If i do, i'll definitely be posting them here, as this is one of my favorite horseracing message boards...
  • daviddavid Banned
    edited November 2007
    i think you should,and i thankyou,pleae put on your site how many plays each day you have-i would buy if i knew
  • mcsockmcsock Junior Member
    edited November 2007
    I wanted to use your serviice for the breeders cup, but got the email about using paypay after the cup had run. I will be trying it in the future. The picks you gave us here in the past will cover a few weekends in the near future.
    McSock
  • randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited November 2007
    Hi DC,

Another excellent way of advertising would be to have an archive of your previous days selections. I know you are honest and many people have joined your service but it would be nice to see exactly what selections you recommened.

Still a huge fan and thinking about joining as well.

Randy F.
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited November 2007
    DC: I am a big fan of your's and always followed your plays from Fezzik's. For the $49 monthly fee, do you provide picks only on weekends or everyday. Are your picks only for Hollywood/Santa Anita or do you have east coast tracks. you can send me a pm at jrobertson@saltercpa.com thanks
  • daviddavid Banned
    edited November 2007
    lets ALL go partners and buy his picks MR RANDY
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2007
    David, you don't really seem to understand the point.

#1) DC doesn't need to have a free "day" of picks on here for us to understand. DC had what I would say was a free "couple months" of picks on here. Made me my fair share of money. If I wagered more than I currently do, I would sign up in an instant.
    #2) DC does this as a source of income, after all the money he has made for folks on this site, the last thing they're going to want to do is try and BS their way onto DC's site (such as an unfair partnership acct)

To sum it up, sign up for a month and try it.
  • daviddavid Banned
    edited November 2007
    you must work for him-its only 15.00 for weekend-what do you bet 2.00 to show
    edited November 2007
    david wrote: »
    you must work for him-its only 15.00 for weekend-what do you bet 2.00 to show

No, I don't work for him nor do I bet $2 show bets :shifty:

I was speaking of the monthly/yearly subscriptions. I've used his weekend selections when I know I'm going to be out and wagering. I'm quite busy during weekend days normally and do alot of my wagering on harness and night tracks. If it's only $15 then why do you find the need to split the $15 with other members mr. money bags? :thumbdown:
  • daviddavid Banned
    edited November 2007
    i want to buy a year with as many people who want to share,then we can all play and enjoy the service and dc can get a long term subscriber and we can have his selections
    edited November 2007
    i want to buy a year with as many people who want to share,then we can all play and enjoy the service and dc can get a long term subscriber and we can have his selections

Well, I'll tell ya what, DC says it's cool I'm in. Let me know.
    edited November 2008

Looks like a full year to me...
    edited December 2008
    Looks like a full year to me...

Are you saying that you're ok with a few of us on this board creating a joint membership? If this is true, consider me in.
  • justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    Same here.... let us know whats up........
    edited December 2008
    Apparently, that was already done. And no, i'm not okay with it. Subscriptions are meant for individuals, not groups of individuals.
    edited December 2008
    Apparently, that was already done. And no, i'm not okay with it. Subscriptions are meant for individuals, not groups of individuals.

That is what I figured. Well when I'm out of Law School you'll have a full time subscriber when I can actually afford it :drinking: