Rebel Stakes Day

kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
edited March 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Tapiture in Razorback, Untapable in Azeri, American Pharaoh in Rebel. This will be fun! Who is making the trip? FB coming up? JG you'll be here right?

Comments

• risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Santa anita mile , with a few undercard stakes....
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I am really wondering if they were serious in throwing Take Charge Brandi to the wolves by running her against the Pharaoh.... Also, do any of you ever know a time in which both male and female champions raced against each other?
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    its a money thing king...horton said if she runs 3rd then she will get more then the winner of the filly race..plus derby points for what its worth..
    edited March 2015
    Yea he says that but I hope she can get beat and still be the same mentally.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Tapiture in Razorback, Untapable in Azeri, American Pharaoh in Rebel. This will be fun! Who is making the trip? FB coming up? JG you'll be here right?

I'm out, went on an impulsive trip to S. Fla for the Fountain of Youth weekend. My next HORSE TRIP is up in the AIR right now. I have a lot of commitments this racing season (UGH)!!!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    fbwinners wrote: »
    I'm out, went on an impulsive trip to S. Fla for the Fountain of Youth weekend. My next HORSE TRIP is up in the AIR right now. I have a lot of commitments this racing season (UGH)!!!

Your next trip should be to the Spaaaaa over the summer
    edited March 2015
    this might be my year to head up to the spa.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Spa heat and humidity would be a gift right about now! Can't catch a break on Winter. Honeybee on Saturday and Calhoun already talking about sct Promise Me Silver? But bad weather might make TCB go the Rebel route next week? DRF reports that Lukas says go in Rebel!!!

I'll be there for Rebel for sure!
    Might be there sat for Honeybee?
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Break on the weather no shit! Since the middle of Jan we have seen some type of snow storm at least every 3 days. Not mention it's only been above freezing temps maybe twice since then. We have like 2+ feet of snow still on the ground!!! Even though I work outside and might be regret saying this but I welcome the summer heat!
    edited March 2015
    y'all aren't kiddin. i dont think we will race thursday or friday this week either... hate it.

I'll for sure be there rebel day. my 4 hottest single friends are going to be there so we will be in the infield.
    edited March 2015
    Nobody knows for sure what tomorrow will bring? Some are calling for 6 in of ice and snow in Fayetteville? Too bad, we have a couple who were out last week entered on Thursday and Friday.
    Rebel Day I will be in the Club, and Friday I will be somewhere, maybe sit with the track Vet"s buddies at the end of the Mezz level. I"ll know more next week.

Keep you're fingers crossed!
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I'll be in Tampa for The Tampa Bay Derby. I would like to see if Delacour's Divining Rod moves forward to capture the Win over Carpe Diem. I had him in The Sam Davis at 28-1 odds. We won't get that again but he won't be the favorite either.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Just got a call from Tampa, Ocean Knight will stay in Tampa. Now what is the owner going to do with Carle Diem and Ocean Knight. Also remember they have to deal with Delacour's horse.
    edited March 2015
    tampa bay derby gets another horse with super colossal leaving gulfstream for tampa...also take charge brandi is not entered in the honeybee...
    edited March 2015
    rayphil wrote: »
    tampa bay derby gets another horse with super colossal leaving gulfstream for tampa...also take charge brandi is not entered in the honeybee...

Yep, she has been thrown to the wolves in the rebel. A shame
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I like Oceanwave a great deal in the Honeybee on Saturday. Will be one of my largest plays of the year. If she handles the first time two turns she should be a menace in the stretch.
    edited March 2015
    hopefully the weather improves to get some racing in...got another 10 inches of snow in Baltimore today...I know Ark has been getting drilled also..
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    I like Oceanwave a great deal in the Honeybee on Saturday. Will be one of my largest plays of the year. If she handles the first time two turns she should be a menace in the stretch.

Not even sure who this is, but you're so selective now (maybe always?) FL it must be a good play.
    edited March 2015
    Coast-to-Coast great races this weekend, so I don't know why I am looking so intently at the Honeybee, which is probably as tough of race to predict as any all weekend? Several in here appear on horses to watch clockers list. Oceanwave is one of em! She was a $130 or so Keeneland purchase out of Harlan's Holiday and a Tapit mare(which we haven't had a chance to see many of yet, so interesting to see what kind of brood-mare sire Tapit will be). Owners Gary & Mary West sent her to the "CATMAN", and her last races put her in the mix for sure. She is a "stalk and pounce" type, but so are the other major players. Pangburn will sit off the lead and make a big late run, and what can you say about Promise Me Silver, who is undefeated in 6 starts and also likes to make a big run late. No reason to think Promise Me Silver can't get the distance.

The unknown for me is drawn on the rail and 12-1 ml. #1 Desert Valley appears in here after destroying a field down at Gulfstream where she pulled away to win by a dozen. That was a $50k clm event, and my chart doesn't show that she was claimed, but she goes from Ian Wilkes to new trainer Karl Broberg and new owner, FB'S pal Looooch. She has one maintenance drill over OP strip which was said to be done easily.
    FB. what do you know about Loooch's filly in here? She could be a real sleeper and will be , IMO, somewhere around 20-1.
    edited March 2015
    bump

trying to get FB's attention and comment on the Loooch fily.
    edited March 2015
    bump

trying to get FB's attention and comment on the Loooch fily.

I'm out of town, check you inbox!

Later!!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2015
    I am really wondering if they were serious in throwing Take Charge Brandi to the wolves by running her against the Pharaoh.... Also, do any of you ever know a time in which both male and female champions raced against each other?

Take Charge Brandi Out of Rebel With Chip | BloodHorse.com
    edited March 2015

Blessing in disguise, for her career!!!
  • n---cn---c Junior Member
    edited March 2015
    was a May foal, so a late developer at 3, will be a force if healthy this year.
  • n---cn---c Junior Member
    edited March 2015
    The truth or Else- Rebel-Mcpeek is deadly when the horse fires a bullet over the track- Horse had a great workout last week, not a bullet, but close to it- Will be keying him 2nd and 3rd.
    edited March 2015
    Saturday morning and the weather just won't stop! Rained all day Friday and today it looks like more of the same.

Can anyone beat AP?

Team TAP thinks so! Had dinner last night out on Lake Hamilton with TAP group. #2 Madefromlucky, 6-1 on ml, and the word on him is all good. They expect Lucky to bust out and go step-for-step with AP and if AP is a little rusty, they think Lucky will still be motoring at the end. The big Q is if he will take to the mud? But the TAP group say he will, (his sire has a Bris mud figure of 35%).
    No value on AP, so I'm playing a tri with AP/Lucky over Truth or else. 2/4-2/4-1

Any other picks over this slop is useless! Really a shame for the weather to screw up a great racing day!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Saturday morning and the weather just won't stop! Rained all day Friday and today it looks like more of the same.

Can anyone beat AP?

Team TAP thinks so! Had dinner last night out on Lake Hamilton with TAP group. #2 Madefromlucky, 6-1 on ml, and the word on him is all good. They expect Lucky to bust out and go step-for-step with AP and if AP is a little rusty, they think Lucky will still be motoring at the end. The big Q is if he will take to the mud? But the TAP group say he will, (his sire has a Bris mud figure of 35%).
    No value on AP, so I'm playing a tri with AP/Lucky over Truth or else. 2/4-2/4-1

Any other picks over this slop is useless! Really a shame for the weather to screw up a great racing day!

Madefromlucky is coming off a heads-up drill with the maiden Jambles, who is entered vs. Dreaming Of Gold in Gulfstream's 8th race today (btw, any workout reports on that one?).

They're switching DoG from turf to dirt here, but remember, the reason i liked DoG originally (before the debut race) was because he had worked on company with General A Rod (on dirt, of course). So we do have some indication that he'll handle the dirt just fine today.
    edited March 2015
    No one has any love for Bold Conquest today, The Machine and ASSMAN???
    edited March 2015
    My play at OP today is in the 6th with Indian brava @7/2.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    rayphil wrote: »
    My play at OP today is in the 6th with Indian brava @7/2.

Chicken Dinner.