Saturday Stakes Selections

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited March 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Well, I've been fairly MIA as of recently and its time to get back in to the swing of things.

Oaklawn Race 8
#2 Oceanwave
Love this one's last race. So much so that I placed a tiny Oaks future on her. She came from last to first in the snap of a finger off a layoff. The first time two-turns is always difficult but nothing points against her handling it just fine.

Santa Anita Race 7
#7 Bolo
His last really showed what this one is made of. If he handles the transition from turf to dirt, he will be incredibly competitive at a good price. He has been working well over the dirt and has been targeting this one for some time.

Santa Anita Race 9
#5 Kobe's Back
I'm still awestruck from last year's San Vicente. This horse is the definition of potential that hasn't been reached. We'll call him the Jay Cutler of horse racing. Anyways, I'm hoping the time off got his head straight for this one to make a big run after what should be a solid pace.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Bolo is a good horse, but what a tough fucking race.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Bolo is a good horse, but what a tough fucking race.

Agreed. The field is absolutely stacked. I'm actually glad it is not part of the late pick 4, I'd have had to contemplate hitting the "all" button this race...
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    love the bolo pick because his last race was awesome and his ears were straight up like he was ready to go around again. tough spot for first dirt effort but the pace should be hot with the outside horses. PP should get the best trip and kent is a good fit for him. Don't be shock if another cal-bred wins this today...

like the kobe pick and love the barn switch. looked awesome when schooling the other day and he fires good fresh...if price is right ill fire on him today..
    edited March 2015
    price is getting smaller on kobe...chitu and midnight hawk scr...
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I like Lord Nelson in that race. In another stacked race at Gulfstream The 10th staying away from the top ones like Valid this horse always seem to be there
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Well, I've been fairly MIA as of recently and its time to get back in to the swing of things.

Oaklawn Race 8
    #2 Oceanwave
    Love this one's last race. So much so that I placed a tiny Oaks future on her. She came from last to first in the snap of a finger off a layoff. The first time two-turns is always difficult but nothing points against her handling it just fine.

Santa Anita Race 7
    #7 Bolo
    His last really showed what this one is made of. If he handles the transition from turf to dirt, he will be incredibly competitive at a good price. He has been working well over the dirt and has been targeting this one for some time.

Santa Anita Race 9
    #5 Kobe's Back
    I'm still awestruck from last year's San Vicente. This horse is the definition of potential that hasn't been reached. We'll call him the Jay Cutler of horse racing. Anyways, I'm hoping the time off got his head straight for this one to make a big run after what should be a solid pace.

2nd-3rd-2nd
    Story of my life!!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    2nd-3rd-2nd
    Story of my life!!

You must be killing it @ work, because you've been hard to find here. Speaking of missing... I wonder if Sean is doing alright.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Hi there Dirty. I'm doing great, thanks for asking. It certainly has been a while, I didn't realize how long . . .

I had all about given up, tore up my notes and took a bit of a sabbatical after having the world's longest stretch of finishing fourth! I just needed to clear my head and start over and try a new approach.

Admittedly, I learn a lot here, so I did keep up with the forum and am glad to see you diehard HRT'ers keeping it going and doing so well. I thank you all for that.

BTW, it feels good to post again, albeit not race related. I think I'll use this opportunity to get back into the swing of things.

Best of Luck HRT!
    edited March 2015
    I should add that I had the chance to take my boys to their first track visit - Los Alamitos last summer.

We caught Shared Belief at the Los Alamitos Derby. I tried to post that day from my phone but had some issues and wasn't able to . . .

20140705_174025.jpg
    edited March 2015
    20140705_174306.jpg
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2015
    shh10 wrote: »
    I should add that I had the chance to take my boys to their first track visit - Los Alamitos last summer.

We caught Shared Belief at the Los Alamitos Derby. I tried to post that day from my phone but had some issues and wasn't able to . . .

20140705_174025.jpg

Reminded me of the railbird scene at the end of "Let it Ride", lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCd4tW3gD_c
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    shh10 wrote: »
    Hi there Dirty. I'm doing great, thanks for asking. It certainly has been a while, I didn't realize how long . . .

I had all about given up, tore up my notes and took a bit of a sabbatical after having the world's longest stretch of finishing fourth! I just needed to clear my head and start over and try a new approach.

Admittedly, I learn a lot here, so I did keep up with the forum and am glad to see you diehard HRT'ers keeping it going and doing so well. I thank you all for that.

BTW, it feels good to post again, albeit not race related. I think I'll use this opportunity to get back into the swing of things.

Best of Luck HRT!

Good Luck It's great to see your kids at the track. Brought my kids to Saratoga for the first time this past summer. They loved it! It was the day El Kabeir won his madien race and they have been following him since.
    edited March 2015
    Thanks Mike - great to hear about you and your kids too . . . may make for a very exciting Derby in your household!

@DC - lol, yeah, sounds about right!
    edited March 2015
    Just read shared belief is going to Oaklawn on apr.11 for the handicap..