Cozmic One

cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
edited April 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Zenyattas Colt Cozmic One will get to on the 17th R2 at SA.
They have taken their sweet time with him. His workouts don't look too good, unless he's a closer like his Mom.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    cinfront wrote: »
    They have taken their sweet time with him. His workouts don't look too good, unless he's a closer like his Mom.

He's been breezing well with several Maiden stakes types, but of course this horse will be over bet.
    Additionally, he finds a tough little field.

Moe Candy, is a big, good looker, who stretches out after running behind a couple stakes winning Baffert horses (I think).

The other horse of interest to me is Volume, who debuted versus a so-so group on the grass, but broke 3 lengths slow and inward, then was rank enough for Trevor to make note of it in his call. The horse never looked comfortable on the grass and now we see him on dirt. Prior to his debut he was working on level terms with some stakes types, and caught the eye of several clockers.

Would be fun to see Zenyatta's son turn the tables on Blame's kid.

I'll probably be on Volume, but let's revisit this Friday morning.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2015
    cinfront wrote: »

Not the biggest shock in the world. Zenyatta didn't even make her debut until she was 4.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    I missed this thread earlier but caught that Cozmic One was entered while running through my showvivor picks for today. Tried and True has my attention in this race . . .
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    I knew he would be taking money and was a good bet against, just forgot to buy the pps today so didnt play...board ran out 7/6/5/4 i love when its sequential...lol
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Wonder who took more in there debut, Cozmic One or The Green Monkey?
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    shh10 wrote: »
    I missed this thread earlier but caught that Cozmic One was entered while running through my showvivor picks for today. Tried and True has my attention in this race . . .

You fucker... I had volume pretty good. No exacta, no place. Hated Coz.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Wonder who took more in there debut, Cozmic One or The Green Monkey?

I'm almost positive Green Monkey was like 1-5/2-5 in his debut. I'm actually fairly certain he was never better than 4/5 before retiring (without having won)
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2015
    I faded The Green Monkey in his debut, but i had the wrong horse. That sucked.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    You fucker... I had volume pretty good. No exacta, no place. Hated Coz.

Well, if it's any consolation, I let sentimentality get the better of me and fucked up my exotics with Cozmic One instead of Volume. Though my Tried and True wager eased that pain. :)
  • SkyMaster7SkyMaster7 Banned
    edited April 2015
    Shirreffs first time starters never fire. Saying this horse was over bet due to sentimental reasons is a huge understatement. Watch out down the road though ....