betting favorites

risky101risky101 Senior Member
edited April 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Personally , im into watching alot more of the "allstar" horses and races and tend to play around them in pick 3/4's , watching grade 1's i think you get more predictable winners and u get fewer longshots coming in so i tend to play favorites quite a bit in tris and supers. Having said all this ive been hearing that upto this point in Shared Beliefs career this might be a good time to take a shot against him...First time racing outside of cali , first time around 3 turns , might not like his new surface, facing 2 decent runners who have already had succes in that race ( moreno and imperative)....

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    risky101 wrote: »
    Personally , im into watching alot more of the "allstar" horses and races and tend to play around them in pick 3/4's , watching grade 1's i think you get more predictable winners and u get fewer longshots coming in so i tend to play favorites quite a bit in tris and supers. Having said all this ive been hearing that upto this point in Shared Beliefs career this might be a good time to take a shot against him...First time racing outside of cali , first time around 3 turns , might not like his new surface, facing 2 decent runners who have already had succes in that race ( moreno and imperative)....

For what its worth, the only time I've gone against SB was in the Classic. He lost there, but if they break normally and the track was playing fair, I'm not sure the outcome would be the same.

I'm taking a play against SB at Charlestown. Too many goofy things can happen at this bull ring track and I've never backed the favorite in this race. Page McKenney and General A Rod are the two I'm looking at to give him his biggest challenge. I'm not sure A Rod stays near his price, especially second time Pletcher off a good win.

Good luck!