oaks/derby double

noble tunenoble tune Senior Member
edited May 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Who you got? I think it payed over a buck last year.

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Condo Commando in the Oaks
  • SkyMaster7SkyMaster7 Banned
    edited April 2015
    noble tune wrote: »
    Who you got? I think it payed over a buck last year.
    Stellar Wind / AP
  • noble tunenoble tune Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Commando, chatterbox, stellar, with Dortmund, AP,firing line,frosted,mubtaa,carpe
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Post draw will allow me to finalize the few horses I use from the Derby.
    The Oaks I'll be using Oceanwave, Stellar Wind, and Chatterbox.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Post draw will allow me to finalize the few horses I use from the Derby.
    The Oaks I'll be using Oceanwave, Stellar Wind, and Chatterbox.

Toss Oceanwave, she hasn't handled the track and I'm hearing she might not run if her gallops don't change very soon! She has looked horrible!!
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Toss Oceanwave, she hasn't handled the track and I'm hearing she might not run if her gallops don't change very soon! She has looked horrible!!

Thats odd as her debut was a fairly nice on at Churchill. I'll keep an eye out! Hope they pull her if she is looking that poorly so I don't flush away the cash!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2015
    I haven't been following the fillies real close, but Ima Chatterbox seems awfully tough.
  • noble tunenoble tune Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm liking frosted more every day he wasn't even touched in the wood 4 wide the whole way and won for fun under a hold until the last fur and the price will be likely around 15-1.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    I haven't been following the fillies real close, but Ima Chatterbox seems awfully tough.

I’m a Chatterbox, ridden by regular jockey Florent Geroux, recorded splits of :11.80, :23.80 and :36, with a six-furlong gallop out in 1:14.40. The work was the fifth fastest of 32 at the distance. “It was kind of the way she worked when she first came in [to the Larry Jones barn at Fair Grounds in December],” Jones said. “She got real brilliant in her works down in New Orleans. This was a little slower than she’d been working. I just don’t know if she takes to Churchill as well but we’ll see.”

A little doubt???
    edited April 2015
    Now the other Larry Jones filly:

“Lovely Maria just worked sparkling,” Jones said. “Every eighth was just getting faster an
    d we’re real happy with her. She’s just getting on her game right now

Not sure if she's a price, but...
    edited April 2015
    fbwinners wrote: »

Today’s jog was Oceanwave’s first appearance back to the track since Friday’s five-furlong maintenance breeze that received some less-than-glowing reviews from the racing media.
    “As far as opinions, everyone’s got one,” Catalano said. “We know how that goes. They don’t know the horse. They don’t know the situation. They were commenting on what they saw and that’s fine. They’re just doing their job, looking at the horse and giving their comments, but we were doing something different from what they saw. We weren’t looking to get a fast time. We were just trying to get her inside of horses and educate her because she wants to get out a little bit. I’m happy with everything.”

THIS CHURCHILL PRESS RELEASE HAS ALL THE ANSWERS!!! Too bad it's taking me an hour to get through it.... anyway he sounds a tad defensive, but who knows.
    edited May 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Now the other Larry Jones filly:

“Lovely Maria just worked sparkling,” Jones said. “Every eighth was just getting faster an
    d we’re real happy with her. She’s just getting on her game right now

Not sure if she's a price, but...

He basically gave out this one. I bet the win, but had Stellar wind in the exacta.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    He basically gave out this one. I bet the win, but had Stellar wind in the exacta.

Yup! And Rosairo sucks!!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2015
    I singled Stellar Wind. Should've cut my bet in thirds and gone Maria/Chatter/Stellar. I figured the winner would be one of those three.
    edited May 2015
    I singled Stellar Wind. Should've cut my bet in thirds and gone Maria/Chatter/Stellar. I figured the winner would be one of those three.

Yeah, I forgot to bet one. $2 Double was near $60 bucks to AP, too! Over $200 to Firing Line and Mutaahijihadeen. SMH.