Post your Kentucky Derby Bet

2»

Comments

• noble tunenoble tune Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    All/ danzig moon blow the place money up one more time!
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    greetings all, good luck with the derby today, :thumbup:
    these are my picks
    when Dortmund wins
    thats going to be 3 Kentucky derby winners
    I picked, wow feels amazing ORB, California Chrome and now Dortmund.:toast:
    #8 Dortmund WP
    Ex key 8/ 3,10,12,18,20,22
    tri - key 8/18,22,20,12,
  • SkyMaster7SkyMaster7 Banned
    edited May 2015
    We are getting close ... Good luck everyone !!!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Also like Frosted to win it. Also going to play Rosario on everyone of his mounts today cause I like to burn $$$. Good Luck today guys!!!!!!

Good Lord Rosairo sucks! He hasn't made the board on any of his mounts!!!
    edited May 2015
    SkyMaster7 wrote: »
    Ok here is my bet .,.

AP/Dortmund exacta $120 straight

AP/Upstart exacta $60 straight

AP/International Star exacta $60 straight

AP/Far Right exacta $60 straight
    ••• BET UPDATE •••

Due to the late scratch of Internantional Star I had to adjust my bet. I decided not to add another horse to replace him. Instead I just increased the bet amounts of my other tickets. My new bet is ....

$160 straight exacta AP/ Dortmund
    $70 straight exacta AP/ Upstart
    $70 straight exacta AP/ Far Right
    edited May 2015
    If your pick is Materiality you can't like those interviews that just aired with Pletcher and Johnny V. Pletcher at least tried being a little diplomatic but it was pretty easy to read between the lines that he was not too high on the chances of Materiality and than Johnny V. just flat out said he didn't think Materiality could win and that's why he picked Carpe Diem. OUCH !!!
  • n---cn---c Junior Member
    edited May 2015
    2-3-6-8-15-18-19/
    2-3-6-8-15-18-19/
    5/14/16/20

exacta
    2/3/6/8/15/18/19 over 5/14/16/20

5, 14, 16,20 all have ran over the track before and they close little bit.... so hoping for a long shot 2nd or 3rd.

GLTA
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    I ended up with a few small trifecta's keying Baffert in the 1 and 2 spots.

Also, Mujahaatibij looks very ordinary on the track. I used him in a few spots, but he looks like he needs more drugs to compete in America.
    edited May 2015
    AP -200 over Carpe Diem

Dortmund -120 over Carpe Diem (bet a couple of weeks ago; it's now up to -200)

Firing Line +100 over Frosted

Firing Line +100 over Upstart

Crush Time. Firing Line paid off huge for us.
    edited May 2015
    Oh yeah..

Pletcher sucks.

Triple crown is a wrap if AP stays healthy.
    edited May 2015
    2 horses that I think can give him a run in the Belmont are: Frosted and Materiality
    edited May 2015
    LOL. I just got a great thank you call. My buddy called me a few days back and said his dad was having a derby office pool and he needed 4 horses. I gave him AP, Firing Line, Dortmund, and Frosted. He's still not even sure of the rules but thinks he won $800 and change.
  • SamN13SamN13 Junior Member
    edited May 2015
    Was real happy how Carpe Diem broke and then he just didn't want to run when asked ill be interested to see how he comes out of the race.
    Congrats to Kenny I had a few of the same picks. Got robbed at the wire in race 6 and race 10. Nice 9/1 shot in the 8th!
    edited May 2015
    I deserved to tear up all my tickets. That was a absolutely pathetic amateur display of how not to bet a race that I just put on display . The race happened just like I pictured it a thousand times in my mind. Dortmund going to the lead and AP sitting off his flank and than putting him away in the stretch . I just couldn't pull the trigger on using Firing Line under AP as insurance . I even posted how the smartest handicapper I know loved Firing Line and all the reasons but I still couldn't do it , and why ? Because like a bush league amateur I couldn't even entertain the thought he could beat Dortmund since he weakened against him at shorter distances twice before. I am a idiot and deserved to lose . Congrats to everyone who cashed.
    edited May 2015
    Does Baffert run Dortmund in the Preakness?
    edited May 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    My Derby Day bet this before your money is gone SA late P4. I might even add a few more, I'll post the final ticket.

2,3,4,9 / 2,3,7,8,9 / 2,5,7,8 / 2,8,9,10,12

What's that, couple hundred?

My "Derby" was $$$

I had a little extra Pharoah cash to spend.... the $200 ticket was a winner, but I bet this.

Santa Anita 8 $0.50 P4 2,3,4,9 / 2,3,7,8,9 / 2,5,7,8 / 2,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 $320.00 $982.75
    edited May 2015
    I ended up with a few small trifecta's keying Baffert in the 1 and 2 spots.

Also, Mujahaatibij looks very ordinary on the track. I used him in a few spots, but he looks like he needs more drugs to compete in America.

Muuhadijbahij outran his looks bigtime. Any normal Derby he's 4th beaten 3.
    edited May 2015
    Muuhadijbahij outran his looks bigtime. Any normal Derby he's 4th beaten 3.
    Muubtahij got a decent trip. He had no excuses . Really no horses had any major excuse. Really the horse that probably got the worse trip was AP. He was pressing the pace wide throughout and than got floated really wide by Firing Line heading around the far turn.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    i think frosted had a excuse...slow pace and he was making up ground...I think the top 5 seperated themselves from the rest.
  • noble tunenoble tune Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Yeah not a great derby day for me either my 300$ dortmund show bet was overshadowed by the Budweisers and other shit I played pre race and every time I looked up Jersey Joe was winning _ Belmont likely taking advantage of the lack of good jocks