Kent D. in Belmont

owletowlet Junior Member
edited November 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
He very likely wasn't going to win but Desormeaux's ride on Keen Ice was one for the ages and should be the final bullet in this a-hole's "I'm rich now so who gives a shit" career.

Wide as hell for the entire first 3/4s, he puts the horse into a drive less than half way into the far turn and then, just as suddenly, stands in the stirrups and right reins him out into the 8 path and simply stops, I mean just STOPS riding at the head of the stretch. And of course the horse basically stops too. Wtf, it's not like it's, oh a TRIPLE CROWN race or something.

Then the little shit decides he wants to start riding again so he hits the horse a couple of times but TURNS HIM SIDEWAYS (either because he wasn't in rhythm or because he was drunk or because he doesn't care and is perfectly content to lose...or all three) and the horse takes off and makes a determined run to get third while clearly closing on both the leaders. I was flabbergasted. Why anyone would let this idiot within 30 feet of a racehorse is beyond me. I'd rather have had ShyAnn Garcia on Keen Ice than this prick giving his best imitation of how he would ride a nickle claimer at Jefferson Downs if he were 74 years old and blind.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Best first post ever.

And a shyann Garcia reference... Good stuff.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Best first post ever.

And a shyann Garcia reference... Good stuff.

Agreed!!!

I'm looking forward to more insight from "The New Guy" Owlet

Been too long since we had someone jump the jock. I'll go one even better---Mike Smith gave Promise Me Silver a ride that was one for the ages. Retired female jock Jackie Dalton was watching the race in our box and even she made a comment about "What the hell was Smith thinking"
    I'm thinking Cage Match between Kent D and Mikey and loser retires!
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Think he was devasted with APs talent and threw in the towel.
  • owletowlet Junior Member
    edited June 2015
    risky101 wrote: »
    Think he was devasted with APs talent and threw in the towel.

Funny how neither Ortiz nor Rosario felt the same way and rode like they were actually trying to win the race.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    owlet wrote: »
    He very likely wasn't going to win but Desormeaux's ride on Keen Ice was one for the ages and should be the final bullet in this a-hole's "I'm rich now so who gives a shit" career.

Wide as hell for the entire first 3/4s, he puts the horse into a drive less than half way into the far turn and then, just as suddenly, stands in the stirrups and right reins him out into the 8 path and simply stops, I mean just STOPS riding at the head of the stretch. And of course the horse basically stops too. Wtf, it's not like it's, oh a TRIPLE CROWN race or something.

Then the little shit decides he wants to start riding again so he hits the horse a couple of times but TURNS HIM SIDEWAYS (either because he wasn't in rhythm or because he was drunk or because he doesn't care and is perfectly content to lose...or all three) and the horse takes off and makes a determined run to get third while clearly closing on both the leaders. I was flabbergasted. Why anyone would let this idiot within 30 feet of a racehorse is beyond me. I'd rather have had ShyAnn Garcia on Keen Ice than this prick giving his best imitation of how he would ride a nickle claimer at Jefferson Downs if he were 74 years old and blind.

love this part..instant classic and well said...also agree with your point on rosario cause he rode his balls off in the belmont..just a better horse..welcome to HRT..
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2015

Welcome to the forum. You are going to fit in well here.
    edited July 2015
    Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar | BloodHorse.com

You don't say. Migraines? Is that what they call it now?

Imagine if this guy was a surgeon, or a bus driver. They'd be turning a volkswagen around in his ass at Pelican Bay. But not at ol' Del Mar. Just a brief respite.
    edited July 2015
    I had to do a google search to get the "Pelican Bay" reference. California "Super Max" facility which houses the most violent criminal offenders in the system. "CLASSIC"
    edited July 2015
    And what about the day that Doug O'Neil barn had today! 5 winners and a 2nd. The Del Mar meet has been a really refreshing change since they got rid of the sticky shit and went to El Segundo dirt. Plus, it fits well into my schedule where I can get home about the time the 3rd race begins. $58k or so paid in the p6 and best I could do was 4 of 6. Still, I can't remember when a Calif track had such full fields. A few years ago I would have said that the future of Calif tracks was shakey at best---but they have turned it around! Even Joe "The Anchor" is doing o.k.

I may even be playing Del Mar as much as Spa right now. I would have never thought that possible!
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    I wonder if kent . D will be riding him this weekend? Couldnt read the article
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    risky101 wrote: »
    I wonder if kent . D will be riding him this weekend? Couldnt read the article
    Desormeaux has four mounts at Del Mar Thursday and three more July 31, before heading to the East Coast to ride Texas Red in the Jim Dandy Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 1 and Keen Ice in the William Hill Haskell Invitational (gr. I) at Monmouth Park Aug. 2.

Dale Romans, who trains Keen Ice, said he'll keep the jockey aboard for the Haskell. "We entered and we named him—we're good to go,"

Romans said. "I hope it was the carbonated water."
    edited August 2015
    Romans is going to use Kent again this weekend in Jersey. Add "punishment" to the list of things Fatso is a glutton for.

Keen Ice has Princequillo in his blood, one of my favorite sires and a Last of the Mohicans example of stamina and class, European old school style when horse racing actually meant something. Decades of hard work, as well a lot of money and thought, went into the breeding and training this horse--all so this fucking rodent can climb on board, do his Mr. Magoo on the once around and then give an interview that sounds like a Special Olympian on Xanax.

Maybe he won't be able to find the airport.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Romans is going to use Kent again this weekend in Jersey. Add "punishment" to the list of things Fatso is a glutton for.

Keen Ice has Princequillo in his blood, one of my favorite sires and a Last of the Mohicans example of stamina and class, European old school style when horse racing actually meant something. Decades of hard work, as well a lot of money and thought, went into the breeding and training this horse--all so this fucking rodent can climb on board, do his Mr. Magoo on the once around and then give an interview that sounds like a Special Olympian on Xanax.

Maybe he won't be able to find the airport.

Tell us how you really FEEL!! LOL!
    edited August 2015
    Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar | BloodHorse.com

You don't say. Migraines? Is that what they call it now?

Imagine if this guy was a surgeon, or a bus driver. They'd be turning a volkswagen around in his ass at Pelican Bay. But not at ol' Del Mar. Just a brief respite.

For the owlmeister:

CHRB clarifications: Jockey Kent Desormeaux’ demonstration in a meeting Thursday with stewards in which he showed that a carbonated drink he drank Wednesday caused him to fail a Breathalyzer test had no bearing on the stewards permitting him to ride. He would have been able to ride so long as he agreed to a Breathalyzer each day until the CHRB concludes its investigation. “Carbonation will not register as alcohol in a breathalyzer test administered by law enforcement,” said Bill Westermann, Chief of Law Enforcement for the CHRB. “The equipment we use is calibrated by the California Highway Patrol and current in its certifications. The breathalyzer measures the level of alcohol in the bloodstream.” Del Mar’s board of stewards will hear Desormeaux’ case on Aug. 15.

He likes a cold one... I kinda do too.
    edited August 2015
    Scotch bottle off, flowers on.
    edited August 2015
    Scotch bottle off, flowers on.

I was waiting for this...
    edited August 2015
    Of course, I didn't make it out there today so I'm stuck with the memories of what could have been. But there is some vindication.

And have we heard enough now about American Egyptian criminal and his formaldehyde trainer? I hope so.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Of course, I didn't make it out there today so I'm stuck with the memories of what could have been. But there is some vindication.

And have we heard enough now about American Egyptian criminal and his formaldehyde trainer? I hope so.

Breaking your maiden . . . $22,000
    Winning the Travers . . . . ..$850,000
    Leaving AZ with an "Awww Fuck" look of disbelief on national TV . . . PRICELESS
    edited September 2015
    Your buddy gave Prospect Park a Big Brown Belmont type ride....
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Your buddy gave Prospect Park a Big Brown Belmont type ride....

man i just dont get this horse..Gary took him to school today..
    edited September 2015
    He jerked on the horse twice early, then used him up to get outside, then he spent more time on the back stetch looking behind him than he did looking at Gary. The horse was like, "fuck you" and packed it in. Bet you Javier wins on that thing, Keen Ice style.
    edited September 2015
    Did you see him on the favorite yesterday (think it was Race 6) at 'Anita? World class a-hole.
    edited September 2015
    I was in the paddock for the 4th and noted that his horse looked the best, but he looked like he had a little buzz. (And he had an adult onset fetal alcohol poisoning look to him)
    edited September 2015
    New Texas Red work with Kent up.... He's at the start....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU8F95_tbUc
    edited October 2015
    New Texas Red work with Kent up.... He's at the start....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU8F95_tbUc

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/94899/desormeaux-on-probation-for-alcohol-test

You mean it wasn't the carbonated water? Shiiiiiitttttt.
    edited October 2015
    I'm trying to get us the facts, also signing up Jg to represent him....

@DesormeauxKent im a huge fan...hate to see haters. is it true about the carbonated water? do you need a lawyer? #FreeKentD
    edited November 2015
    Where's owl at. Our buddy kent standing up in the saddle and getting beat in todays 4th...

Stewards already called him in. I imagine with several turf writers blowing this up on twitter that he'll get days and a fine...