Tap to It

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited October 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Amazing performance by this Ralph NIcks-trained 2yo firster @ the Spa today.

Watch the video...she's the #2 horse, and she's a gray (by Tapit):

Race 6 (MSW) at SAR on 8/16/15 at Saratoga on Aug 16, 2015 | Race Result | BloodHorse.com

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    took a lot of money from the 6-1 ml down to 5-2 fav. for those connex with all the big boys in that race...had to know he had some talent..
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2015
    This gal has been entered in the Spinaway this weekend, listed @ 7/2 ml. Looks like the 5/2 ml favorite is Rachel's Valentina.

Awesome :toast:
  • n---cn---c Junior Member
    edited September 2015
    Post number 1 for a young horse, not so good..but does show bullet work...Tap to it

Assman has Constellation, very impressive first time out.
    edited September 2015
    Agreed, I'm not real crazy about the rail draw.

That being said however, she drew the inside last time and then had to overcome all types of trouble, but still was able to win going away. Plus, this race is at 7 furlongs (with a nice long run into the turn), so she should hopefully be able to find a decent spot before the real running begins. I'm convinced she's the best horse in here (see replay in the original post).
  • SamN13SamN13 Junior Member
    edited September 2015
    Tough field. I like the 1/2/3 but I also kind of like the 4 to hit the board and Constellation definetly has some talent as well. I'll probably join you on the #1 because I cant come to decision on my win bet. With 7/2 ml maybe shell creep up to 9/2 come post time. Will also play a 1/2/3 exacta just incase one of the pletcher runners pulls it out.
    edited September 2015
    Tap To It is my early pick to win the BC Juvenile FiIlies.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Tap To It is my early pick to win the BC Juvenile FiIlies.

This is big talk here people.... PAY ATTENTION
    edited September 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    This is big talk here people.... PAY ATTENTION

The filly @ Gulfstream is no slouch either. Tap To It is definitely better-bred for two turns though.
    edited September 2015
    Amazing performance by this Ralph NIcks-trained 2yo firster @ the Spa today.

Watch the video...she's the #2 horse, and she's a gray (by Tapit):

Race 6 (MSW) at SAR on 8/16/15 at Saratoga on Aug 16, 2015 | Race Result | BloodHorse.com

Ok I finally watched this... Holy shit. Unless that field sucks... This is a nice one.
    edited September 2015
    What sucks is that i can't get a bet down on her for the Juvenile Fillies. No futures here in Vegas (only the Classic and Distaff).
    edited September 2015
    edited September 2015
    https://twitter.com/andyserling

Andy high on Tap to it
    edited September 2015
    The Spinaway, the 9th at #Saratoga, is a terrific matchup of some exciting maiden breakers. Win or lose, Tap To It's debut impressed me..

.the most of the three, as she overcome a few instances of trouble. I think Rachel's Valentina and Constellation are a relative coin flip.

.but took the latter, as Rachel's Valentina rates to get overbet..not that she isn't VERY promising. Excellent race. 1-5-2 #Saratoga 9th
    edited September 2015
    Assman has a 1.9 million purchase running , Sunday race 6, Inheritance...JV on board, must be live.
    edited September 2015
    If you paid 1.9 million, if it is not live, then i do not know what live means... so delete live
    edited September 2015
    n---c wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/andyserling

Andy high on Tap to it

If youre looking for why this filly lost, look no further. I wouldnt have touched if i knew this dumbfuck was on her....
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    If youre looking for why this filly lost, look no further. I wouldnt have touched if i knew this dumbfuck was on her....

Not going to lie, this one stung. My largest win wager of the year.
    edited September 2015
    If you paid 1.9 million, if it is not live, then i do not know what live means... so delete live

Ever hear of The Green Monkey?
    edited September 2015
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Not going to lie, this one stung. My largest win wager of the year.

Yeah, i had a big bet on her too. Can't say that i was overly enthused by the price (though she was still an overlay, i think). I knew she would have some support, but i was hoping for 3/1 or thereabouts with Rachel's Valentina hopefully getting bet a little harder than she did, and with Constellation definitely pulling more money than she did (thought that one was surprisingly dead on the toteboard).

Bottom line, i thought Tap To It ran very well, but she was probably compromised a bit by her rail draw and having to drop back to the rear early (though she might've done that with an outside draw also; hard to say). Suspected she might've shown a bit more speed with an outside draw, because if she did have any early speed, she certainly wasn't able to show it first time out (due to circumstances beyond her control).

In any case, they way the race played out, Rachel's Valentina (who is also quite good, obviously) simply had the jump on Tap To It, and Tap To It wasn't able to make up the ground that she had given away early. That's the thing with closers (assuming that Tap To It is one), sometimes they're just up against it from a pace/position standpoint. I did however take note that she definitely wasn't LOSING any ground to Rachel's Valentina through the stretch run; quite the opposite in fact. I definitely think it might be worth sticking with this filly assuming she gets a rematch with Rachel in the Grade 1 Frizette, because she may find herself in a more favorable position early, and she very much figures to improve as the distances get longer (particularly around two turns, i think, but we'll likely have to wait for the Breeders Cup for that (unless they opt to send her to Keeneland for the Acibiades, where she'd likely be favored). And in addition to circumstances perhaps being a little more favorable (in a rematch with Rachel), she would almost certainly be a much better price, as the hype-train on the undefeated Rachel filly sill really be rolling by then. Clearly, there's not as much separating those two on the racetrack as there will be on the toteboard next time.

As of now, i'm sticking with my original call of Tap To It being my preferred choice for the Breeders Cup. Really think two turns will suit her nicely.
    edited September 2015
    Assman has a 1.9 million purchase running , Sunday race 6, Inheritance...JV on board, must be live.

Same family that owns Dreamologist, Super Majesty, Constellation, and a hand full of high-quality broodmares. We'll see how long they stay in the game....
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited September 2015
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Played the TAP horse the 11 in this race
    edited September 2015
    A Dutrow, 10 comes in... hot in Saratoga, but in Oaklawn, all his horses fired blanks.

James Ferraro- he always has one long shot that comes in at Saratoga, and today in the 11th race, he pops it.

Last year, on the last day or the second last day of the meet, he had a msw, horse had the lead, but went the wrong direction at the end.
    edited October 2015
    Assman getting some nice two year old's lately. He had Union Jackson on Sat then another 2 year old , ml 6-1, bet down to even money, then eventually went out at 2-1 on Sunday.
    edited October 2015
    8/1 ml? Really?