My Daily Bread..

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Big performance by Runhappy :toast:

Too bad he went off @ 8/5 though. Couldn't take that kind of price on him. Same deal with Songbird and American Pharoah :thumbdown:
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Big performance by Runhappy :toast:

Too bad he went off @ 8/5 though. Couldn't take that kind of price on him. Same deal with Songbird and American Pharoah :thumbdown:

D.C.,agree.I'm not usually an off the board chalk-player nor do I play exorbitant odds. I'm more mid-road,always looking for a good overlay. My fave was Royal Delta at double-digits odds! But had I not played 'Happy and 'Bird today I would have really been up the creek sans the proverbial paddle.
    Hope you did well today.
    Goodnight.
    T.G.
    edited November 2015
    Belmont $.50 pick 4
    R6 - 4/5/8/9
    R7 - 1/2
    R8 -3/6/11/13
    R9 - 2/11
    $32.00
    edited November 2015
    TurferGirl wrote: »
    Belmont $.50 pick 4
    R6 - 4/5/8/9
    R7 - 1/2
    R8 -3/6/11/13
    R9 - 2/11
    $32.00

*Curses! Foiled again!
    edited November 2015
    $.50 pick 4 Aqueduct
    R6 2/5/6/8
    R7 6/7
    R8 1/7
    R9 2/4/6/8
    Total $32.00

No luck yesterday on the only wager I made all last week.
    And usually never on a Monday,but wth!
    May the HORSE be with ALL!

T.G.
    edited November 2015
    $.50 pick 4 Aqueduct
    R6 2/5/6/8
    R7 6/7
    R8 1/7
    R9 2/4/6/8
    Total $32.00

No luck yesterday on the only wager I made all last week.
    And usually never on a Monday,but wth!

T.G.

*Won first and third lost the second. Three horse photo.I was 2ND and 3rd . Nose separated all three!:evil:.No more Monday wagers for me.
    edited November 2015
    The racing Godesses "no like me so much today"! Won the 1st,3rd,4th leg and both my plays in the 2nd leg got beat by a nose! No Mas' on Mondays!
    edited November 2015
    R3-Del Mar #3 Tap Dancing ..20ATB.

R5-#6 Diamond Cut -20ATB..

*Hope all here are having a Bountiful Holiday.
    edited November 2015
    Have had my ass kicked at the windows of late. But Im no quitter:evil:..

Aqueduct:
    R4) #4 Bibbo
    R5) #6 Gift Box
    R7) #4 Fast Retailing
    R10) #4 Alabama Bound

DM
    Hollywood Derby,#2 Sharla Rae

T.G.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm in a bit of a slump, myself. However, in the Hollywood Derby, a modest W/P on Closing Bell should make amends! Winstar/Bill Mott do not ship unless they know they have a live horse. Lezcano makes the trip west and he should be pumped at his chance to ride vs the best in the west! #8 and 6-1 ml. Good luck with Sharla Rae.

Did you catch that 2yo filly race today at CD? WOW, this group of 2yo fillies is looking super good! I took it on the chin with the Assman runner, Stageplay, but the winner was something else! Songbird better keep her form if she has oaks on her mind, cause carina Mia looks super----another Mott trained filly!
    edited November 2015
    OM opened up with some serious early money! 20 mtp and he is even or 4/5 with the early $$$
    edited November 2015
    OM opened up with some serious early money! 20 mtp and he is even or 4/5 with the early $$$

If the wagers I have made lately John,were literally my "daily bread",I'd starve to death! I posted on my forum a few weeks ago,"Nakatani,on a shot in a graded race is a good bet". Did I follow my own advice,no ef'n way:idoit:.
    Hope you had a better day than I.

Turquoise
    edited November 2015
    I'm in a bit of a slump, myself. However, in the Hollywood Derby, a modest W/P on Closing Bell should make amends! Winstar/Bill Mott do not ship unless they know they have a live horse. Lezcano makes the trip west and he should be pumped at his chance to ride vs the best in the west! #8 and 6-1 ml. Good luck with Sharla Rae.

Did you catch that 2yo filly race today at CD? WOW, this group of 2yo fillies is looking super good! I took it on the chin with the Assman runner, Stageplay, but the winner was something else! Songbird better keep her form if she has oaks on her mind, cause carina Mia looks super----another Mott trained filly!

Love Mott and the way he trains but Songbird will be tough to beat.
    edited November 2015
    As far as the filly race at CD today,I was impressed with Carina',but was disappointed in the ride on D.Q. She should have been in that Tri.
    edited December 2015
    The Starlet- Treasured 20ATB.
    edited December 2015
    Don't think I've cashed with any significance since the B.C.!:idoit:
    Going to cap Gulf tonight and see what I can see.
    Have Mor Spirit at Los Al tomorrow.I think he can take Toews on Ice.
    edited December 2015
    judging from the works coming off their last race, Toews has been sent 6f and getting some air into him, while Mor Spirit has been sent 4f in respectable times. Maybe Baffert just wants to see if Toews can get two turns, but I'm guessing he can! His sire, Arch x 3, really came into his own when stretched out. Jim Barnes has made a few backside comments regarding Toews so until I see that he is distance limited, I'm all over him! The way he dug in along the rail when headed and came back to win is something we don't see too often? GOOD LUCK!
    edited December 2015
    Depending on how Baffert's two run, the decision will be made on who will stick around to take on Nyquist at SA, and which one will head to Baffert's auxiliary track, Oaklawn Park. The Smarty Jones doesn't carry many Derby points, so I would expect that Baffert will pass and look ahead to the Southwest in early February.
    I know that most people think that Mark Casse has his 2nd team at OP and his best in Florida, but the reports on the Casse 2yo stabled and working at OP is stellar!
    edited December 2015
    Gulf..
    Mo Power
    Aces for John
    Tammy the Torpedo

*Yep,I'm shootin' for the Moon.:p

Hope your day is properous John.
    Turquoise
    edited December 2015
    Those two Uncle Mo's at GP 8th were really flyin at the end of 6 1/2 f. Another jump and both would have been past the winner? Can't wait to see both Unk and Mo Power stretch out to two turns. We may be looking back at this race in a few months as a KEY RACE?
    edited December 2015
    Thought I'd get better odds on Mo Power,but Tammy put me over the moon.
    edited December 2015
    Nice hit on the old Torpedo! Mo Power won't be a maiden much longer. I hit a little $294 tri with Tammy and the Mott and the Chad Brown forgotten one. If I can get Toews there I will have had a good day!
    edited December 2015
    John,3 outta' 4 today makes up for the past 3 weeks of off the board for me.
    I just may play tomorrow.I respect your opinion,any suggestions which track I should take a Sunday look at?
    edited December 2015
    Coast-to-Coast bad cards today!

Gulf is really bad! However, in the 5th, Casse has a 3yo filly by dynaformer who is finally stringing races together. #2 Hudson River Gal, 4-1

Los Al I have two races I'm looking at :

race 6
    Two Bafferts and a Sadler who is getting some looks. #10 Big Blue Navy, 7/2--Ex Bx 4-6-10

Race 8
    Word from the Boyz is that Tyler Baze has been working one in the a.m. that has been off for 10 months, but in his last he ran vs Shared Belief and Cali Chrome and Hoppertunity.
    #7 Alfa Bird, 4-1, should be able to take these with ease? Don't think you will get 4-1 though?

GOOD LUCK !
    edited December 2015
    Coast-to-Coast bad cards today!

Gulf is really bad! However, in the 5th, Casse has a 3yo filly by dynaformer who is finally stringing races together. #2 Hudson River Gal, 4-1

Los Al I have two races I'm looking at :

race 6
    Two Bafferts and a Sadler who is getting some looks. #10 Big Blue Navy, 7/2--Ex Bx 4-6-10

Race 8
    Word from the Boyz is that Tyler Baze has been working one in the a.m. that has been off for 10 months, but in his last he ran vs Shared Belief and Cali Chrome and Hoppertunity.
    #7 Alfa Bird, 4-1, should be able to take these with ease? Don't think you will get 4-1 though?

GOOD LUCK !

Wish I had checked in earlier,but had a non-threatening family emergency.
    What did I miss John?
    edited December 2015
    Santa Anita $.50 Pick 4
    R5: 1/3/7/8
    R6: 1/2/5
    R7: 4/7/8/10
    R8: 1/5/9
    edited December 2015
    Santa Anita $.50 Pick 4
    R5: 1/3/7/8
    R6: 1/2/5
    R7: 4/7/8/10
    R8: 1/5/9

Last race knocked me by a neck from at least breaking even.Sheesh!
    edited January 2016
    Santa Anita $.50 Pick 4
    R6-2,3,9
    R7-2,3,5,8,9
    R8-4,5
    R9-3,4,6,14
    Total - $60.00

Gulfstream $.50 Pick 4
    R8-9,14
    R9-3,5,7
    R10-1,8
    R11-1,6,11
    Total $18.00
    edited January 2016
    F*#?!!!!:cry:
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Those two Uncle Mo's at GP 8th were really flyin at the end of 6 1/2 f. Another jump and both would have been past the winner? Can't wait to see both Unk and Mo Power stretch out to two turns. We may be looking back at this race in a few months as a KEY RACE?

Eric Guillot is a retard, but Laoban is far and away the best looking 3yo I've seen at SA this year. Tall as fuck and filled out nice.