My Daily Bread..

124»

Comments

• TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited May 2016

R6) #1 Tepin..Question is by how many…50WP

R7) #1 Kobe’s Back…Has done nothing wrong since adding blinks…HOF Stevens knows him well. From last to 1st..50WP
    #6 Speighster…Mott trainee off long layoff. Works scream ready. One to fear..
    #8 Salutos Amigos…Hard knocker that brings his A game every race. Will be flying late for a piece.
    # 5 Limousine Liberal…. Speed of the speed will try to wire them. Holds out for a piece..

R8) #10 Wavell Ave…LOVE this one 2nd off layoff. Draws outside in 7 fur…Brown filly will fly late in field loaded with speed..50WP.
    #9 Birdatthewire…Another closing filly that is back at her best difference. Price play here with Smith aboard.
    #2 Stonetastic…Speed of the speed. Has plenty of company today though. Will try to hold on late after what looks to be a duel.
    #4 Taris…Is 4-4 ITM at this distance and has huge shot at landing in tri once again with her great tactical speed.

R9) #3 Converge….Brown Colt is still learning with his slow starts and traffic issues but he likes to finish strong. Nod in toughie..50WP
    #6 JR’s Holiday…Has been close to most of these but have been settling for pieces. Clean trip makes him solid.
    # 4 Beach Patrol…Has done nothing wrong and has gotten better each race. If gets out on lead alone. Lookout.
    #8 Shakhimat…Started 2016 with a bang but got easy lead that day. Pressure is on today early.
    #1 Airoforce…Last few races have to be thrown out with surfaces he didn’t prefer. Bounce back effort likely..Strangler has been hot of late, for a change!
    #10 American Patriot has a very potent late kick. Isn’t up to par with these yet but can see flying late for a piece.

R10) #11 American Freedom…6/1 is the biggest joke of day. Baffert dosen't ship in to lose..This one could be a Monster. LOVE Him..50WP
    # 9 Fellowship…Has been running against the best the top has to offer and gets huge relief here. Always runs his race.Dont ignore.
    #13 Star Hill..Is a colt that’s going to appreciate the turn back in distance? Lanerie will have him poised for top effort here.
    #7 Forevamo…Gave Gunrunner the vapors 2 back. Another where the cutback should have him rolling late.
    #5 Imperial Hint. Super-fast colt is stepping up bigtime, but has shown raw talent. Will try to take these as far as he can.

R11) #5 Reporting Star..This horse ran a fantastic race 1st off layoff for Walsh in last. .
    #12 Big Blue Kitten….No secrets here..He is as classy as they come. IF he is ready he rolls by all of these late..50WP
    #6 Slumber…Browns other horse who has been running against the best including the above. Must use on his best day.
    #1 Grand Tito…Will be forwardly placed and should appreciate the cutback in distance. Question is he a GP only lover?
    #8 Diversion…Likely to grab a piece late with his running style. Needs only to avoid traffic trouble.

R12) #11 Exaggerator…The pain is excruciating for him to be my choice with Kent D aboard but I truly think he wins here or at least is the best candidate to win the race. He ran a monster in last and I’m not biting on it being all the mud enhanced effort. I truly think he put it all together in his 3rd off the layoff and is legitimately that good. I look for him to sit mid-pack an put in a similar run as he did in the SA Derby, and in this field I think its plenty enough for him to be the winner of the 142nd Derby..100WP
    #2 Suddenbreakingnews…Not the greatest post, but he is void of early speed so he will likely drop back to near last anyway and make his patent late move. He should love the long CD stretch with his running style, and with the addition of a shadow roll this past week, has been working lights out. I can see an ITM finish with him, unless he has serious traffic issues in the lane?
    #17 Mor Spirit…Who can leave Mr. Baffert off their tix?…He’s coming in here as the underdog…Do not leave off any horizontal tix. He has the looks of a Real Quiet.
    #3 Creator…The Assmunsen trained colt will make a run here, my only concern is the distance for him. He had a great ride thru traffic in last but my 2nd choice was getting to him late at shorter. Could grab a share.
    #13 Nyquist…Ok hes 7 for 7 so I guess I can’t completely be ignorant to what he has done to this point but his best figs have come in sprints, and Uncle Mos blood has yet to travel 10 panels. If he beats me here Ill do my best Curtsy.
    #14 Mohaymen…I’m pretty confident he will bounce back off his poor FL derby effort. But will it be good enough to go this far? That remains to be seen. Talented no doubt.
    #6 My Man Sam..He is always running late, and I see nothing different here. The better of the 2 Brown Trainees.
    #9 Destin..I don’t get the layoff…I just can’t include this speed horse off a 8 week layoff from a handicapping stand point, but if he duplicates what seems to be a good enough fig to win here all bets are off. GL to those that use him.
    #5 Gun Runner…The other Assmunsen trainee that has run fantastic in his brief career, but just hasn’t done it as fast as the rest here. I think 10/1 is just too low to take here on a horse that hasn’t come close to a Derby par figure wise.
    #18 Majesto…Keep looking at this horse and thinking he has a shot at a piece. I would use in Tri and supers..
    #10 Whitmore…Another that I don’t think has the blood to go this far but is a game colt and could hang on for a slice. Nice acceleration.
    #19 Brody’s Cause…Has run really good races and really bad. Banking on bad here.
    #20 Danzig Candy…Speed from the 20 hole? No thanks…Fades thru the field late.
    #12 Tom’s Ready. Deep closer would be shock to grab a slice without a perfect trip.
    #15 Outwork…All the hype? They can keep it..Can’t see him hanging on late.
    #16 Shagaf…Another pace victim here..He’s a rabbit for Sam.
    #4 Mo Tom…To Slow for me.
    # 8 Lani…Should finish just in time for after party.
    # 1 Trojan Nation…Will be used on a lot of novices tix b/c of those odds,but imho 'used' is all he will be.
    #7 Oscar Nominated…Unless they move this to the turf before post he gets the last place Nomination.

Not so pumped for this K.D. as in past years. No exotix for me this year. Didn't even settle on my selection until the draw. Good Fortune to ALL here.

T.G.
    edited May 2016
    TurferGirl wrote: »

R6) #1 Tepin..Question is by how many…50WP

R7) #1 Kobe’s Back…Has done nothing wrong since adding blinks…HOF Stevens knows him well. From last to 1st..50WP
    #6 Speighster…Mott trainee off long layoff. Works scream ready. One to fear..
    #8 Salutos Amigos…Hard knocker that brings his A game every race. Will be flying late for a piece.
    # 5 Limousine Liberal…. Speed of the speed will try to wire them. Holds out for a piece..

R8) #10 Wavell Ave…LOVE this one 2nd off layoff. Draws outside in 7 fur…Brown filly will fly late in field loaded with speed..50WP.
    #9 Birdatthewire…Another closing filly that is back at her best difference. Price play here with Smith aboard.
    #2 Stonetastic…Speed of the speed. Has plenty of company today though. Will try to hold on late after what looks to be a duel.
    #4 Taris…Is 4-4 ITM at this distance and has huge shot at landing in tri once again with her great tactical speed.

R9) #3 Converge….Brown Colt is still learning with his slow starts and traffic issues but he likes to finish strong. Nod in toughie..50WP
    #6 JR’s Holiday…Has been close to most of these but have been settling for pieces. Clean trip makes him solid.
    # 4 Beach Patrol…Has done nothing wrong and has gotten better each race. If gets out on lead alone. Lookout.
    #8 Shakhimat…Started 2016 with a bang but got easy lead that day. Pressure is on today early.
    #1 Airoforce…Last few races have to be thrown out with surfaces he didn’t prefer. Bounce back effort likely..Strangler has been hot of late, for a change!
    #10 American Patriot has a very potent late kick. Isn’t up to par with these yet but can see flying late for a piece.

R10) #11 American Freedom…6/1 is the biggest joke of day. Baffert dosen't ship in to lose..This one could be a Monster. LOVE Him..50WP
    # 9 Fellowship…Has been running against the best the top has to offer and gets huge relief here. Always runs his race.Dont ignore.
    #13 Star Hill..Is a colt that’s going to appreciate the turn back in distance? Lanerie will have him poised for top effort here.
    #7 Forevamo…Gave Gunrunner the vapors 2 back. Another where the cutback should have him rolling late.
    #5 Imperial Hint. Super-fast colt is stepping up bigtime, but has shown raw talent. Will try to take these as far as he can.

R11) #5 Reporting Star..This horse ran a fantastic race 1st off layoff for Walsh in last. .
    #12 Big Blue Kitten….No secrets here..He is as classy as they come. IF he is ready he rolls by all of these late..50WP
    #6 Slumber…Browns other horse who has been running against the best including the above. Must use on his best day.
    #1 Grand Tito…Will be forwardly placed and should appreciate the cutback in distance. Question is he a GP only lover?
    #8 Diversion…Likely to grab a piece late with his running style. Needs only to avoid traffic trouble.

R12) #11 Exaggerator…The pain is excruciating for him to be my choice with Kent D aboard but I truly think he wins here or at least is the best candidate to win the race. He ran a monster in last and I’m not biting on it being all the mud enhanced effort. I truly think he put it all together in his 3rd off the layoff and is legitimately that good. I look for him to sit mid-pack an put in a similar run as he did in the SA Derby, and in this field I think its plenty enough for him to be the winner of the 142nd Derby..100WP
    #2 Suddenbreakingnews…Not the greatest post, but he is void of early speed so he will likely drop back to near last anyway and make his patent late move. He should love the long CD stretch with his running style, and with the addition of a shadow roll this past week, has been working lights out. I can see an ITM finish with him, unless he has serious traffic issues in the lane?
    #17 Mor Spirit…Who can leave Mr. Baffert off their tix?…He’s coming in here as the underdog…Do not leave off any horizontal tix. He has the looks of a Real Quiet.
    #3 Creator…The Assmunsen trained colt will make a run here, my only concern is the distance for him. He had a great ride thru traffic in last but my 2nd choice was getting to him late at shorter. Could grab a share.
    #13 Nyquist…Ok hes 7 for 7 so I guess I can’t completely be ignorant to what he has done to this point but his best figs have come in sprints, and Uncle Mos blood has yet to travel 10 panels. If he beats me here Ill do my best Curtsy.
    #14 Mohaymen…I’m pretty confident he will bounce back off his poor FL derby effort. But will it be good enough to go this far? That remains to be seen. Talented no doubt.
    #6 My Man Sam..He is always running late, and I see nothing different here. The better of the 2 Brown Trainees.
    #9 Destin..I don’t get the layoff…I just can’t include this speed horse off a 8 week layoff from a handicapping stand point, but if he duplicates what seems to be a good enough fig to win here all bets are off. GL to those that use him.
    #5 Gun Runner…The other Assmunsen trainee that has run fantastic in his brief career, but just hasn’t done it as fast as the rest here. I think 10/1 is just too low to take here on a horse that hasn’t come close to a Derby par figure wise.
    #18 Majesto…Keep looking at this horse and thinking he has a shot at a piece. I would use in Tri and supers..
    #10 Whitmore…Another that I don’t think has the blood to go this far but is a game colt and could hang on for a slice. Nice acceleration.
    #19 Brody’s Cause…Has run really good races and really bad. Banking on bad here.
    #20 Danzig Candy…Speed from the 20 hole? No thanks…Fades thru the field late.
    #12 Tom’s Ready. Deep closer would be shock to grab a slice without a perfect trip.
    #15 Outwork…All the hype? They can keep it..Can’t see him hanging on late.
    #16 Shagaf…Another pace victim here..He’s a rabbit for Sam.
    #4 Mo Tom…To Slow for me.
    # 8 Lani…Should finish just in time for after party.
    # 1 Trojan Nation…Will be used on a lot of novices tix b/c of those odds,but imho 'used' is all he will be.
    #7 Oscar Nominated…Unless they move this to the turf before post he gets the last place Nomination.

Not so pumped for this K.D. as in past years. No exotix for me this year. Didn't even settle on my selection until the draw. Good Fortune to ALL here.

T.G.

Changing My Avatar To a "Curtsy" bc He DID beat Me. Ill keep this Avatar until after The Preakness.

edited May 2016
    Belmont PK4

R7- 1/2/4/6
    R8-1/3/8
    R9-3/7
    R10-1/7/9

Total 36$
    edited June 2016
    Needed to take a break from this madness.But I'm no quitter.

Belmont R8 today $. 20 superfecta box

2/4/5/6/11 $24. 00

Good Fortune to All.
    edited June 2016
    My Money in bold.

R1--- The Easy Goer

#2 Cupid….No secrets here. it’s very likely this Baffert trainee will go right to the lead and play come and get me. The value is zero, but a single that will be tough to beat off esoph' surgery.
    #3 Rally Cry…Only other n here I can see with the upset off a fantastic layoff effort and already has the trip over Belmont track in his holster.

R3---The Acorn

#5 Cathryn Sophia…She really is a key here at this distance. Last time she ran it she blew the doors off that group in hand. 1-1 if you’re lucky.
    #4 Carina Maria…Ran a great race in last after getting 1st Lasix. Stretches back out here and will likely try to wire this group from the bell.

R4---The Brooklyn Invitational.

#7 Kid Cruz….The Kid can run. He has only improved with age and distance, and today should be no different. With him sitting off the likely pace setters and running this group down late.
    #5 Turco Bravo…Has found a nice niche in his last few going long, but has been doing it against a step below these. Needs to improve a bit to beat top choice here.
    #4 Shaman Ghost…Should be fit and ready. 2nd off layoff here, should come flying late..1.5 miles is a new hurdle but just missed going long 2 back. Must include.

R5---The Ogden Phipps.

#5 Curlina…She returned to the races running in 2016 and did it with ease. Any improvement here ,2nd off layoff would make her impossible to look past.
    #2 Stopchargingmaria…Will likely go off as fave or co fave,and rightfully so, per she gets better with age and should enjoy stretching back out here. One to deny.
    #6 Forever Unbridled…Another that seems to get better with age but hasn’t faced the likes of the top 2 here. Wouldn’t be a shock, but would have to be an off day for them for her to get top prize.
    #4 Cavorting…Only including her here because she loves Belmont though I don’t think she wants to go this far? I think she’s more of a 1 turn sprinter.

R6---The Janipur Invitational.

#9 Commute…Loving this one at a price. Since moving to turf he has improved drastically. Like him to make one run late for Johnny V and get a big piece.
    #2 A lot…This horse LOVES to avoid winning for me. I have bet on many occasions and have been beaten. But since moving to Browns barn he has made drastic improvement. Don’t ignore.
    #7 Green Mask…Not sure why this guy is 8-1 after just missing a nose to the fave 2 back. He should love the cutback in distance, and IMO is one to fear late.
    #4 Summation Time…Love this one coming back and removing blinks which has produced his best efforts. 3rd off layoff should have him primed for a big one here.
    #3 Ready for Rye…Ultra game horse that has done well on either surface. He will get 1st run here turning for home. Can he hang on?

R7---The Woody Stevens.

#3 Dig Deep…Prices galore here for me. Steadily improving colt has been working brilliantly and should get the perfect trip in here with JJ aboard at half of his 8-1 ml.
    #7 Counterforce….15-1? Really? Be lucky if he is 6-1 IMO..He was up against lone speed in last on a speed favoring track. Gets perfect setup today to fly late.
    #4 Justin Squared…Hasn’t learned how to rate yet and looks 100% to go to the lead here. Could be a victim of torrid pace.
    #1 Sharp Azteca…Another that has improved every race, and has proven a mile is more his game. But He will be a part of this mix deep into the stretch going 7 here.
    #11 Mrazek…Milkshakes for everyone! A must include here based on last 2 efforts against likely faves here.

R8---The Just a Game

#8 Celestine..By far the toughest race of the day on paper. This one has been working unreal in the morning, and after her last Mott said she finally put it all together. Straight to the lead.
    #9 Irish Rookie…Adding in a nice price here with Euro who has been facing some monsters overseas. Tote will tell the tale but for now don’t exclude with an Ortiz in the saddle.
    #10 Faufiler…Loves to fly late and off her last 2 it looks like she has figured out American racing. Be shocked if she wasn’t in tri.
    #7 Mrs MacDougal…Another Brown monster turfer in the making here,…No secrets with how she has improved, you can’t leave off your exotics.
    #2 Recepta..One I LOVED in last,and was victim of horrible trip while clipping heels and still flew late. Be no shock to see this Tonner mare come flying late again,at a price.
    #1 Strike Charmer…What has gotten into her? She has been a new animal in her 6 yr old season and must include at 8-1 since she has beaten these already.
    #12 Rainha Da Bateria….Was 2nd to best turf mare in world in last when adding blinkers. Brown will have her primed. 2nd off layoff.

R9---The Met Mile.

#7 Stanford…Has been carefully placed in his last few and has been tons better in his 2016 campaign. Mile should suit him perfect to steal it on the front end here.
    #5 Frosted…Only thing holding him back from top choice here is the dreaded Dubai bounce, and the fact a mile may not be his best game. Still solid.
    #2 Blofeld…Pletchers other horse here who has beaten the top choice already at this distance. Can’t be ignored at the 10-1 odds.
    #11 Calculator…Has improved every race since his injury and has no problem with shipping. Will knock hard here late at a price,though I still think 7fur is his game.
    #9 Sloane Ave and #10 Tamarkuz I could not separate, they were a nose apart in Dubai and both look to have that upset chance at a monster price.
    #13 Marking…The outside horse didn’t have much luck overseas, but returns here and gets his Lasix back which he may have been missing. Works scream ready.

R10---The Woodford Reserve

#10 Flintshire…The Key of the day…Maybe the best horse in the world right now on turf, and he’s adding 1st Lasix for Brown. SCARY
    #5 Big Blue Kitten…This guy isn’t going to run like he did in last. You can bet he will FLY late, stretching back out. 2nd off layoff, and will likely complete a Brown Exacta.

R11---The Belmont Stakes.

#11 Exaggerator… He sHOULD win the Belmont. Difference here is you won’t get your 5/2. I can’t bet him to win at 1-1 so I’ll go deeper in exotics and hope for an upset.
    #5 Stradivari…In the 1.5 world speed kills. This guy ran a great race in last despite what it looks like on paper. I see him stalking the 2 speed horses here and getting 1st run at the big fav.
    #1 Governor Malibu…Only horse here that can truly say has had a legit prep over this coarse going long. He made a very nice run in last, just missing to the heavy fave and most likely he will once again fly late here. 3rd off layoff.
    #4 Suddenbreakingnews In the KD, just missed 2nd by a head. He has one of the most powerful late kicks I have seen in the stretch, but his problem is he loves to try making up 30 lengths to do it, and deep closers have rough time in the Belmont with limited speed. Tri finish would be no shock.
    #3 Cherry wine…Very nice run to get 2nd in Preakness but it was a lifetime best…Bounce candidate?
    #13 Creator….The opposite of Cherry Wine here, in fact he was mugged in KD and lost all chance. I like him to rebound nicely at a price and get a price at a price

Hope everyone here kicks ass at the windows this weekend..
    edited July 2016
    Took a long layoff.My twins summer vacation.But with Nana and Papa until mid August,so Mommy now has time to check out the drf and place a few wagers.

DM
    3)#8 Blkjackcat
    4) #6 Princess "
    5) #10 Kenjistorm
    6) #6 Classico
    7 #9 Mokat
    8) #9 Warrens " "
    9) #7 Win " "
    20 Atb All
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Nice selection on Blackjackcat
    edited July 2016
    Jerman wrote: »
    Nice selection on Blackjackcat

Thank you Jerman. 310.00 days profit. I needed the layoff.
    Prosperous and peaceful evening to you.

Turq'
    edited July 2016
    DM
    5) #6 Where's Bubba
    6) #8 Deltalina
    7) #2 Brimstoned
    8) #7 Homerun Kitten
    9) #6 Admirals Club

Playing with a bit of trepidation today.
    20 Across all.
    edited August 2016
    TurferGirl wrote: »
    DM
    5) #6 Where's Bubba
    6) #8 Deltalina
    7) #2 Brimstoned
    8) #7 Homerun Kitten
    9) #6 Admirals Club

Playing with a bit of trepidation today.
    20 Across all.

I should have listened to that "trepidation" !
    edited August 2016
    Whitney:
    Comfort 40wp

W.V.Derby:
    Forevamo 30atb

DM:
    2)#5 Royal Banker
    3)#7 Esmerelda Belle
    5)#6 Savannah Sky
    6)#5 Vivacious Beauty
    9)#4 Dressed in Hermes