Maria Borell Fired as Runhappys Trainer..

TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
edited November 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
It's all over Twitter! That's a damn shame! This young woman took the HORSE to the B.C.Sprint,from a low level race at Indiana.Wow,where's the gratitude?!? Unf*****gbelievable!!:evil:

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Wohler who previous trained him is the racing manager for him..pretty shitty IMO..the horse just won the sprint and your already thinking Malibu...give me a fucking break..
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Wohler is his sister in law..
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Karma is a BIG Bitch! :evil:
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    its very screwed up... its been a tense situation for some time...

they more or less took advantage of maria.

its just awful. i haven't talked to her since the news came out, but its a bad bad situation... i bet she won't even be mentioned at the eclipse awards
    edited November 2015
    And the way things are evolving,sadly 'Happy may not get mentioned Either.
    edited November 2015
    Some interesting comments posted at the Paulick Report.
    The connections should absolutely pay this young Woman!:evil:

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/breeders-cup/borell-to-runhappys-owner-pay-me-what-i-am-owed/
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Simply unbelievable.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    The horse must be so fucking good. I want to train him.
    edited November 2015
    The connections side of the story.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/mcingvale-timing-was-terrible-but-we-did-what-we-did/

*Personally,I'm tired of the brouhaha.She now has an attorney,let him do the talking from now on.Ms.Borell has been all over twitter,and facebook,taking up her cause.But social-media has been the downfall of many.And sadly,I think it's hurt her more than its helped her.If she had a contract,no worries,she will get her financial due,but from what is being printed,she did not. Imho,I think she screwed the pooch on this one.

Have a prosperous day ALL.

T.G.
    edited November 2015
    Everybody involved is a retard....

The big thing I took away... This guy spent 40mm on horses
    Before he got a grade 1 win. Holy shit.
    edited November 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Everybody involved is a retard....

The big thing I took away... This guy spent 40mm on horses
    Before he got a grade 1 win. Holy shit.

I agree with your 2nd statement. They are referring to him as "Hack-Mattress" on the net.
    I had never heard of him before all of this crap came to pass?
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    she has a very powerful kentucky attorney. same one that reps stonestreet and some lane's end. she will get her cut.
  • n---cn---c Junior Member
    edited November 2015
    she was 0-22, and nobody gave her any horses before this, i am thinking, if she had any legit skills, she would have gotten many horses... she is good looking for a trainer, so she is getting attention...btw, the Bob Baffert used to train for the mattress guy.... horse is a freak, and it will be proven... if she is great, she will get many horses in the future...
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    she has a very powerful kentucky attorney. same one that reps stonestreet and some lane's end. she will get her cut.

She better...otherwise JG and I are traveling to KY, taking the bar, and handling her appeal pro-bono!
    edited November 2015
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    She better...otherwise JG and I are traveling to KY, taking the bar, and handling her appeal pro-bono!

Reality show!
    edited November 2015
    Reality show!

And not a GOOD One!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    FlyinLate wrote: »

Oh No!
    I'm traveling to KY and going to the BAR!:toast:
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    And the drinks would have been on me if not for Golden Horn!

Still crying in my beer over that one! Nothing quite like a $10k swing in the ROI!!!!!!
    edited November 2015
    Oh No!
    I'm traveling to KY and going to the BAR!:toast:

Liquor, legal wrangling, and mattress Mac. Sounds like a reality hit.
    edited November 2015
    And the drinks would have been on me if not for Golden Horn!

Still crying in my beer over that one! Nothing quite like a $10k swing in the ROI!!!!!!

That makes two of us J.G. Except I was crying in my Vodka Tonic:toast:.
    edited November 2015
    Liquor, legal wrangling, and mattress Mac. Sounds like a reality hit.

]The only thing that could make that "reality show' worse would be if any of the Kardashians showed up![/:nono:FONT]
    edited November 2015
    TurferGirl wrote: »
    I agree with your 2nd statement. They are referring to him as "Hack-Mattress" on the net.
    I had never heard of him before all of this crap came to pass?

I grew up in Houston, and "Mattress Mack" was a longtime local celebrity in town, known for his tv commercials where he would jump up and down with a big wad of cash in his hand while screaming that Gallery Furniture "Saves You Money!!!". I also saw him around Sam Houston racetrack a few times (always accompanied by a bodyguard).

Hadn't heard about the supposed $40 million that he had spent on racehorses, but i know it's been a bloody fortune over the years. He was also very well-known in the Houston area for throwing around ridiculous sums of money on things like the Champion Steer from the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, and assorted other things (including charities, if i remember).

Through it all, there was one thing that i always found very strange. Obviously he was the owner-operator of a very successful furniture store, but to the best of my knowledge, it was only ONE STORE for the entire time that i'm aware of (and still might be today). So where does all the money come from??? Can owning ONE FURNITURE STORE really be that lucrative, no matter how successful it might've been? And bear in mind, a good part of this timeframe was in the pre-internet era, or at least the very early internet era, where his online sales would've been pretty much non-existent. I just don't get, and i never will.
    edited November 2015
    Well, it's several stores now. Apparently with well over 200mm a year in sales. But, a majority of his charity work is with USO, which certainly would be a good front for drug smuggling....
    edited November 2015
    You gotta be f*****g kidding Me?!

https://www.gofundme.com/
    edited November 2015
    The link didn't post.Maria Borells best -friend started a "Please fund Maria to get her back on her feet" donation thread.Wanted to post it in case anyone here cared to donate,yeah right! This fiasco as D.S. stated is turning into a really bad realitu show! How tacky and low-class is this gonna go?!
    edited November 2015
    edited November 2015
    They must be afraid she's not going to get paid.

Either that, or it's just sheer opportunism.
    edited November 2015
    D.C. consider the source,of course she's not going to be compensated.
    She's suing the Mcingvales,Keeneland (?),and the B.C. I have empathy for her plight bit I think with all of the "tweeting",FB rants and now this latest"fund me" publicity,imho,she's screwing herself. They should have paid her,and moved On!

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/borell-sues-mcingvales-for-breach-of-contract-defamation/