Early Look--Oaklawn 3yo's

2»

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    We will know today after the draw for saturday. He is not on the work-tab so my guess is he will debut on Saturday, probably going in one of the $68k msw going 1 mile or maybe 6f?

I love the feature on Saturday--the KING COTTON STAKES-- older going 6f.

IVAN FALLUNOVALOT worked last Saturday between races and lit the place up!
    4f in 45:4---galloped out 5f in 58 flat!

HEBBRONVILLE had a 6f gate work in 1:11

Don't forget ALSVID!

Lukas has one going this week--debut in open company 3 & up maidens--GOAT'S TOWN

MORE TO FOLLOW AFTER THE DRAW!
    edited January 2016
    Any idea when Pioneer Spirit will debut? I see there's a 1 1/16 mile maiden race on Thursday, and he's not in there. His workmate American Pioneer debuted in a similar spot last week and ran second (as the 8/5 favorite, I think).

Pioneer Spirit not entered thru Saturday, and nothing Sunday he would run in. Afraid it looks like he may be injured? No published works now for 15 days! I hope it's just something minor and he gets to the track soon!

DC--I have about 6 horses running on Thursday and Friday at Oaklawn that are all 5-1 or better---some 15-1 and even 20-1. I'll throw them up tomorrow and see if any of these clocker's list ponies can be something more than a morning glory!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Pioneer Spirit not entered thru Saturday, and nothing Sunday he would run in. Afraid it looks like he may be injured? No published works now for 15 days!

Yeah. That doesn't look good.
  • smalt21smalt21 Junior Member
    edited February 2016
    In a few days all our babies will turn 3 years old and there are a few working at Oaklawn that have gotten the attention of the local clockers. I expect we will hear from most of these when the 3yo races get underway:

Stablemates SISTER SMACK and GIRL POWER are two to keep an eye on, but the one getting the most ink is Doug Anderson's SIGHTFORSOREYES, who the clocker's think is one of the best on the grounds. STORMARDINI and READY TO CONFES are others who have received high praise.

Sister Smack runs Thursday @ OP R7.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2016
    smalt21 wrote: »

Dude, you waited over 7 years to post that? Welcome aboard...
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2016

He's my homeboy, go easy. Very selective bettor.
    edited February 2016
    smalt21 wrote: »
    In a few days all our babies will turn 3 years old and there are a few working at Oaklawn that have gotten the attention of the local clockers. I expect we will hear from most of these when the 3yo races get underway:

Stablemates SISTER SMACK and GIRL POWER are two to keep an eye on, but the one getting the most ink is Doug Anderson's SIGHTFORSOREYES, who the clocker's think is one of the best on the grounds. STORMARDINI and READY TO CONFES are others who have received high praise.

Yes she does, but her works have fallen off thus the debut in for a $35k tag and choice of Kelsie Purcell in the irons? Word from the Boyz is that she is no longer working with GIRL POWER, who they say is a real head case, but has blazing speed. I can't wait to see Girl Power debut but it will be a big question if she can go in 21 and 44 and not fade to dfl? Sister Smack may pick it back up when in a race and running but I'm inclined to play her wps and hope the connex are setting her up for a big score at the windows. ML of 15-1 could float nowhere but up.
    The feature on Friday is a 3yo filly race going 1 1/16 and there are some really good ones in here!
    Casse has LUCKBE TANYA, who is coming in after showing two good starts at Woodbine and looking good in the a.m. at OP. This has the look of a key race ?
  • smalt21smalt21 Junior Member
    edited February 2016

Not gonna lie, long time reader of this forum, but did not know I had a sign-on.

Bet GP & Cali tracks, some OP and Chicago tracks (hate NY) Hang with some sharp horse guys, but it hasn't translated for me yet.....
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Hey I got a push on the Chinamans horse in the 5th at oak lawn... Boys hear anything?
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    stopped by Dan Peitz barn and he said he might go in the fillies stake this weekend but he wasn't sure... said Morse has a really good one. that really good one is Durango... also, servis has a filly that we might get later in the meet, Cathryn Sophia. She is a MONSTER and im sure most of you have heard of her over on the east coast. Servis is bringing 4 in this week that are all small stakes type colts that i'll post about later. Maker gets in town this week as well. going to be a very very competitive meet. im not convinced al stall's runners are going to make much noise. this isn't a place stall's second string can come in and wax people.

Wayne just bought Mcpeek's house in trivista, JG. nice house and literally the length of the back stretch away from his barn.
    She is fortunate songbird wasn't in but she is really serious filly
    edited May 2016
    PIONEER SPIRIT: $380k purchase by Malibu Moon and said to be an absolute beast!

AMERICAN PIONEER: workmate of Pioneer Spirit couldn't quite keep up with his stablemate when going 6f gate work, but still has the look of one that could improve?

I can vouch for both of these... i saw them workout and they look as good as any ive seen in a while for unstarted runners.

American Pioneer goes today in the 8th at Belmont. 8-1 ml
    His last 3 races at Oaklawn were good, except the Ark Derby where he speed and fade!
    He draws inside and that is where he likes to be and expect he will chase Gettysburg down the backstretch and make his move along the rail when they come out of the turn.
    w/p and ex bx 3--4--9