Thoughts for Saturday...

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited November 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Obviously Masochistic will be tough to beat in the Sprint, but i think AP Indian should offer a touch of value and figures to run very well. Seems like everyone is focusing as Drefong as the most likely upsetter. I prefer AP Indian, particularly considering their respective post draws.

I like Flintshire in the Turf. Think his last is a throwout based on track condition, and he should relisg the fast ground out here. Tall order for Found shipping across the Atlantis for her third race in a month.

The Classic obviously goes through California Chrome, but i think Melatonin is being very much overlooked as a contender. I actually pis refer him to Arrogate, and there's no reason Melatonibn should be 12/1 ml while Arrogate is 5/2 ml. Melatonin is older, more accomplished, is 4-for-4 @ Santa Anita and 2-for-2 at today's distance over the same track (both in Grade 1's). There's also some chance that Arrogate could gun to the front under Mike Smith (keep in mind his history with regard to that) and hopefully duel with Chrome while Melatonin sits just behind in third. Think that'd be his optimal trip, but no doubt it's gonna be pretty rough up there with the top contenders all being speed-oriented. In any case, definite value on Melationin over horses like Arrogate and Frosted. Good matchup and or exotics play.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Obviously Masochistic will be tough to beat in the Sprint, but i think AP Indian should offer a touch of value and figures to run very well. Seems like everyone is focusing as Drefong as the most likely upsetter. I prefer AP Indian, particularly considering their respective post draws.

I like Flintshire in the Turf. Think his last is a throwout based on track condition, and he should relisg the fast ground out here. Tall order for Found shipping across the Atlantis for her third race in a month.

The Classic obviously goes through California Chrome, but i think Melatonin is being very much overlooked as a contender. I actually pis refer him to Arrogate, and there's no reason Melatonibn should be 12/1 ml while Arrogate is 5/2 ml. Melatonin is older, more accomplished, is 4-for-4 @ Santa Anita and 2-for-2 at today's distance over the same track (both in Grade 1's). There's also some chance that Arrogate could gun to the front under Mike Smith (keep in mind his history with regard to that) and hopefully duel with Chrome while Melatonin sits just behind in third. Think that'd be his optimal trip, but no doubt it's gonna be pretty rough up there with the top contenders all being speed-oriented. In any case, definite value on Melationin over horses like Arrogate and Frosted. Good matchup and or exotics play.

make a score. i got torched yesterday, ready to regroup.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Good write up DC, I like what you have to say about Melatonin.

I'm going to try Highland Reel W/P in the Turf and add Flintshire & Ashleyluvssugar to my exotics.

On the sprint I'm on Senteiro Italia W/P.

Good luck!
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    shh10 wrote: »
    On the sprint I'm on Senteiro Italia W/P.

Errrr, mean the Filly & Mare Turf. My notes are all a scribble . . .
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Well I guess I was wrong about AP Indian over Drefong.

Drefong wins @ 7/2, with Masochistic second.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Was doing very well until last race. WTF how does Carina Mia not even lift a hoof??????? Race killed me
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    I got absolutely desstroyed today and likely passing on the classic. Hope you guys had some winners!!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    I got absolutely desstroyed today and likely passing on the classic. Hope you guys had some winners!!

I was stuck until the end. Glad you're good buddy.