Girvin Update

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited April 2017 in Horse Racing Forum
This could be strictly backstretch buzz that's getting more and more momentum. But Girvin will be training over the POLY at Keeneland now instead of Churchill training track or the main. Joe
Sharp stated Girvins next work was going to be over the CH main, this is very odd to shuttle over to Keenelan. Now that want to train over POLY, when they stated after the Risen Star he hated the weeds and is much better over the main. This is very ODD!! Is he having a FOOT issue???

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2017
    It's obviously been done before, but I'll never understand why you wouldn't want to get a horse acclimated to the surface he'll be running on (if possible). It can't hurt, right?

Interesting take that it might be injury related. I guess we should keep a closer eye on him.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    It looks like Girvin had his last work this past Saturday at CD. If he"s on schedule, he should go to the track for breeze today or Sunday. If Louisville gets hits with even 1/2 of the rains that came through Arkansas the past two days, they might not get any Derby horses back on the track until Monday or Tuesday? Maybe Joe Sharp is playing it safe and counting on being able to get some serious work in on the sticky shit? Whether Girvin has foot problems or its the rain, I don't like it. Too many horses have had problems going from dirt to the poly, some think the poly causes them to use different muscles and tendons become sore and the like. I don"t know. Time will tell.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    They canceled yesterdays work and it supposed to be on Friday as of now. Then I was told this AM, Girvin didn't come out to the track today. Joe Sharp not around to answer any ?'s! Some are wondering if Girvin is even still at Keeneland. This has the smell of shit written all over it. You don't change a horses is regime, this close to the Kentucky Derby.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    I saw that he missed the work and i was like kenny was right.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    I saw that he missed the work and i was like kenny was right.

If I only I had a dollar for every time I said "Kenny was right" I'd be a rich man
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    This motherfucker hung up the phone. Had enough (((privman))) harassing him. But I guess it's over for girvin.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Girvin is battling a quarter crack. Still supposedly a go for the Derby, but it ain't looking good.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/27/report-girvin-battling-quarter-crack/100968302/