Friday Distaff

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited November 2017 in Horse Racing Forum
DRF's Mike Welsh has been doing clocker's reports and he could not say enough about ELATE.
Mott trained, good enough for me! I'm playing her win/place in a big way and getting trickey with exotics.
Trifecta
Elate on top---Paradise Woods in the second hole---Champagne Room/Stellar Wind/Forever Unbridled all three in the third hole. Take note I'm not using Able Tasman. I know she is a Baffert runner being ridden by Big Money Mike, but it looks to me that she is not the same as she was earlier in the year?

Man, these races are tough to figure!

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2017
    All weeekend is tough. Am I crazy in thinking Champagne Room has a chance to take the distaff? Elate buzz is aplenty. She may go off favorered IMO...
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited October 2017
    Good luck guys, I hope you all will be #CashingTickets all weekend. It won't take many scores to have a very nice day. I hope someone goes with Paradise Woods early on, or she will gallop. I'm playing Forever Unbridled. She's been pointed to this race since last years 3rd place finish. It all started on June 17th at Churchill Downs. That was her first start since last years BC Distaff. These connections, structured a plan and Forever Unbridled hasn't missed an oat or work from this plan. I saw Dallas Stewart interview before that race at Churchill Downs, he said that race was strictly a prep for the BC and she was 2-3 works short and was looking for Joel to just finish down the lane with her. When she won, he was in SHOCK in the post race interview. Note she broke from the rain and was swung 5 wide and still won by daylight. Then they took her to Saratoga to face Songbird. I was only a 4 horse field and the Spa track was speed laden, especially on the gold rail. She broke, well and was taken back. Songbird had it her way on the front end and was in a gallop (note fractions), but this came with her run and ran down Songbird on the square and Songbird wasn't backing up as the final 1/8th was 12.1!! The only concern I have is they've taken Joel off her for this race and put Jr. in the irons. She's a tough filly to ride, but Jr won on her at Oakalwn and Aqueduct. Also note, all 7 career wins have been over different racetracks.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2017
    Most pundits seem to think that Stellar Wind will go out early with Paradise Woods. I don't know? If those two hook it up early it very well could set up for a big finish from Champagne Room/Elate/Forever Unbridled. I think I just talked myself into a big exacta box with the aforementioned!
    edited October 2017
    Regarding the jockey change on Forever Unbridled from Rosario to Johnny V., I just read a blog on
    on BH from Lenny Shulman where he was talking to owner Charles Fipke about running Forever Unbridled in the Pegasus. In the article, Fipke makes the statement that Rosario sometimes got her in a position with nowhere to go. Sounds like the owner may have had some input into the
    jock change. If so, then Johnny better have her in clear sailing when they turn for home! In the
    short field of the Distafff, I don't see that being a problem.
    edited October 2017
    Does anybody know who is calling the races? Will NBC use a filler like the NYRA announcer? What's his name? I'm going to Oaklawn and assume they will use a live feed from DelMar so I'll get Trevor, I think?
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2017
    Does anybody know who is calling the races? Will NBC use a filler like the NYRA announcer? What's his name? I'm going to Oaklawn and assume they will use a live feed from DelMar so I'll get Trevor, I think?

Trevor should call it a day before he blows a big race call. I love the guy, but Wrona makes him look like a fool. Scintillating.