Green Monkey Retired!

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Daily Racing Form: News Login/Access Your Account

$16 mil down the drain. Biggest pissing war I've ever seen in horse racing. I hate to say it but I'm glad this horse never ran a lick.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2008
    And I guess it's fitting that The Green Monkey was "retired" on the eve of the juvenile sale season given that it was at the Fasig-Tipton Calder two-year old in training sale in 2006 where he fetched his record $16 million price. I say "retired" because I don't know exactly what he was retired from. Certainly wasn't winning, and it barely qualified as racing. The Green Monkey will have the rest of the year off from doing nothing, as he won't be bred until next year. Dean De Renzo of the Hartley/De Renzo farm at which he will stand, said: "He had the feeling of a champion; he thinks he’s a champion." And that makes one of him. Good luck to all involved in that.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I didn't even realize this, maybe somebody pointed this out, but The Green Monkey babies are hittting the race track.

KINZ FUNKY MONKEY (FLORES) | EURTON 3-1

Goes in the first today @ Del Mar.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I checked the progengy reports out of curiosity and it appears that he sired 23 horses in 2010, of which 5 have raced, with Kinz Funky Monkey the only one to win decent purse money, around $8,400. Don't know what he did last year in stud duty but it must of been a hell of a year to get time off???This is a very strange announcement, indeed!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    well, never mind!
    Just saw where the date on this thread dates back 4 years or so.