Maywood Park Selections (2/21)

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited February 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
R2-#7 Monroe Bay (5-2)
Should make one move and clear the front. Should go off as favorite.

R3-#5 Ms Diehard (8-1)
Horse is owned by my dad's friend. Was in small stakes over at Balmoral, gave her a nice layoff, and this is her third start back (Qualifier, and parked 3/4 mile trip last out). May pop at a price here.

R4-#4 Miss Warrior (8-1)
Has a tough crew she's up against here. Bad trip last out. If she can either be patient or clear the front she has a legit shot at a price.

R6-#5 Here Comes Gia (7-2)
Faced the likes of these last time out. Brutal parked outside trip last out, should come back and fire at a descent price.

R7-#4 Valentine Hotspur (6-1)
Speedy filly had trouble getting the top last out due to too much inside speed. Less speed inside this time around and should settle up top where she likes it.

R9-#2 Petticoat Junction (5-2)
The class of the field. Plain and simple.

R11-#2 Sporty Ellie (2-1)
Faced the same crowd last week and won from the 9 spot and going 3 wide. Definite ability to repeat here, especially from the inside post.

Good luck everyone!

Comments

• cabster13cabster13 Member
    edited February 2008
    I have watched the first 7 races and it is all early speed at Maywood. All of the come from behind horses are dead flat tonight. Very tough night so far... will hope the last two picks can come in from the front in the 9th and 11th and bring back in some cash!! Appreciate someone posting some additional Harness!
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited February 2008
    cabster13 wrote: »
    I have watched the first 7 races and it is all early speed at Maywood. All of the come from behind horses are dead flat tonight. Very tough night so far... will hope the last two picks can come in from the front in the 9th and 11th and bring back in some cash!! Appreciate someone posting some additional Harness!

Yea it's been a horrible night so far. Not to mention it's a double kick in the groin that two of my selections are front runners that never even made an attempt for the lead. Brandon Simpson just let Valentine Hotspur ride the rail and get locked in when he had plenty of time to move out. :thumbdown: