A Thought

wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
edited March 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
I HAVE BEEN BETTING HORSES FOR 47 YEARS.I BELIEVE THE BEST BET OF THE DAY...VALUE WISE...IS THE MORNING LINE FAVORITE IN THE LAST RACE OF THE DAY AT MOST TRACKS.MOST PEOPLE OVERLOOK THIS HORSE BECAUSE THEY ARE TRYING TO GET EVEN OR COME OUT A BIG WINNER.I AM ONLT TALKINGB ABOUT w/p/s BETS.I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS SYSTEM.LATER TODAY I WILL LIST THE m/j FAVORITES AND SEE HOW IT WORKS OUT.I WILL DO THIS FOR A FEW WEEKS TO TEST IT.I WILL USE A $2 w/p/s BET AND LIST PLUS AND MINUSES ON THE THESE RACES.PLEASE JOIN ME IN TESTING THIS THEORY...w2w

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    wire2wire wrote: »
    I HAVE BEEN BETTING HORSES FOR 47 YEARS.I BELIEVE THE BEST BET OF THE DAY...VALUE WISE...IS THE MORNING LINE FAVORITE IN THE LAST RACE OF THE DAY AT MOST TRACKS.MOST PEOPLE OVERLOOK THIS HORSE BECAUSE THEY ARE TRYING TO GET EVEN OR COME OUT A BIG WINNER.I AM ONLT TALKINGB ABOUT w/p/s BETS.I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS SYSTEM.LATER TODAY I WILL LIST THE m/j FAVORITES AND SEE HOW IT WORKS OUT.I WILL DO THIS FOR A FEW WEEKS TO TEST IT.I WILL USE A $2 w/p/s BET AND LIST PLUS AND MINUSES ON THE THESE RACES.PLEASE JOIN ME IN TESTING THIS THEORY...w2w

Sounds like quite an interesting theory. I agree that half the crowd is trying to make their money back and convincing themselves into liking a different horse than they normally would. I would say this has a good chance to prove positive. One thing I would be careful of though are bottom level tracks where the morning lines are often quite inaccurate. Good luck w2w, I will definetly be following this!
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    i would agree on the theory on the Favorite beeing under bet because of people trying to get thier money back as well.... Also the pools probally decrease a little because people leave a little early, I would like to see how many fo the races would still be considered "good races" what i mean by that is, not low level claimers but still classy horses, like Aqueduct and NY in general usally has a good allowance or MD SP WT race to cap the day off, but do all tracks do that or do they end on a low level claiming race, where it more possiable for long shots to come in... Wouldnt want to bet a favorite in those rag races!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    The theory seems a bit skeptical on my part, weekday crowds at race tracks across america are hardly existent these days. Most of the money wagered on races these days are from big syndicates that push huge wagers mostly off track. The type of money bet on track in my opinion doesnt' affect the m.l. favorite on most instances.

FB
  • tomjohntomjohn Member
    edited March 2008
    so, fb, what you are saying is that the handle has nothing to do with attendance. the payoffs on must tri and exacta pools early in the day are low too, at least at standard bred meets in my opinion.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    tomjohn wrote: »
    so, fb, what you are saying is that the handle has nothing to do with attendance. the payoffs on must tri and exacta pools early in the day are low too, at least at standard bred meets in my opinion.

No it's not all ontrack handle, you can look at most results after the last race and they state on track handle and off track handle. The majority of weekday tracks are having a marginal handle across the country.

FB