Jockeys- How important are they?

MikeSolarMikeSolar Member
edited March 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Congratulations to Turfman and the other two winners.:peace:

On my topic, how important are they? Very important indeed. Take for example (here's a tip guys)
E. T. Baird who rode my longshot the other day at gulfstream. Top rider last season at
Arlington yet went to post at over 20 / 1.. (I had Turfman to I think), as Bairds horse was in the lead by
two at the top of the stretch. I was lookin at a 40.00+ winner and 15.00 place which would have
put me over the top, and horse tired two third :cry:, still paid 8.70 to show. So keep your eye
on Mr. Baird and jockey stats. :cool2:

Appreciate any input you guys have on jockeys who are hot. :smoking:

Thanks for chance to be in the contest. Been a lot of fun.
Mike Solar

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    MikeSolar wrote: »
    Congratulations to Turfman and the other two winners.:peace:

On my topic, how important are they? Very important indeed. Take for example (here's a tip guys)
    E. T. Baird who rode my longshot the other day at gulfstream. Top rider last season at
    Arlington yet went to post at over 20 / 1.. (I had Turfman to I think), as Bairds horse was in the lead by
    two at the top of the stretch. I was lookin at a 40.00+ winner and 15.00 place which would have
    put me over the top, and horse tired two third :cry:, still paid 8.70 to show. So keep your eye
    on Mr. Baird and jockey stats. :cool2:

Appreciate any input you guys have on jockeys who are hot. :smoking:

Thanks for chance to be in the contest. Been a lot of fun.
    Mike Solar

I've always been a huge E.T. Baird fan as I'm from the Chicago area. Can't wait until he returns for the Arlington meet this summer