Picks for Sat Ark Derby and Bluegrass

nuttinbutfunnuttinbutfun Member
edited April 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Curious to see who people like, my picks are:

Ark Derby

Z Fortune 9-2, this horse was a beaten down favorite in the Rebel and Robby A. coming in to ride for the Ass. man again I like his chances.

Bluegrass

Cowboy Cal 15-1, with his speed and being on the front in end I think he may be able to hold off a late charge from Pryo.

Good Luck to all!!

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2008
    Curious to see who people like, my picks are:

Ark Derby

Z Fortune 9-2, this horse was a beaten down favorite in the Rebel and Robby A. coming in to ride for the Ass. man again I like his chances.

Bluegrass

Cowboy Cal 15-1, with his speed and being on the front in end I think he may be able to hold off a late charge from Pryo.

Good Luck to all!!

I'd like to see Monba make a solid appearance in the blue grass. His run in the CashCall was exceptional and was on par with Colonel John. Not to mention that was a Poly track as well. Everyone forgot about him after the Fountain of Youth, but who really expects a horse who was pinched back and squeezed out so badly to finish well. He ended up with a fairly severe gash on his leg and pulled up (he was favored over Elysium Fields + Cool Coal Man there). Expect an immense improvement from him. As for Pyro, I'm just expecting them to run him, not really turn him loose, I wouldn't be surprised if he lost here (or won w/o full effort for that matter).
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited April 2008
    Big Truck
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2008
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Big Truck

In my eyes Big Truck is one of the most over-rated horses right now. Very well prove me completely wrong this weekend though. I have him seeded fifth.

Pyro
    Visionare
    Monba
    Cool Coal Man
    Big Truck