eight belles out of derby

nuttinbutfunnuttinbutfun Member
edited May 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
can anybody else confrim this, running in Oaks.

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2008
    fbwinners is the one to ask.

I'm going to say it is prolly just a rumor. I believe that they already established that post position draw wed. would be their deciding factor in running in the oaks or derby.
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited April 2008
    It has been determinded that she will enter the derby, but if she gets a bad post, then she will scratch for the oaks instead..... So you will have to wait till late wensday morning to know in which race she will run
  • TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
    edited April 2008
    Only ego would let a filly run against colts...no matter how good they are....look what happen to Pletcher's horse after the Belmont last year...retired I believe..

I hope for the sake of the horse and racing she runs in the Oaks....
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited April 2008
    Trot you nailed it thats all it is. EGO! He came close last year with Hard Spun and he wants that derby runner. To bad cause I hate when trainers do this. Reminds me alot of Pletcher when he runs 5+ horses in the derby and not a 1 of them makes the board.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2008
    can anybody else confrim this, running in Oaks.

She won't run if she gets the following post 9,18-20.

FB
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2008
    fbwinners wrote: »
    She won't run if she gets the following post 9,18-20.

FB

Were the Oaks post selected? All the contenders are now numbered on kentuckyoaks.com
    Damn Pure Clan got post #11 (N)
    Eight Belles got the shaft with post #12 (if she runs)

That is if those are post position #'s which Im assuming?
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    Very sad that his ego got in the way and he had to run this filly. yes I know she finished 2nd but?
  • marilynmarilyn Junior Member
    edited May 2008
    She gave it Her all and lost Her life.
  • bbixlerbbixler Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Very sad that his ego got in the way and he had to run this filly. yes I know she finished 2nd but?

This could've happened in the Oaks also. I don't think it had anything to do with the race, it was way after the finish line. It's not like she got banged around and trampled over by 19 boys in the middle of race.
  • dragonswirldragonswirl Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    I'm not sure all this males v. females isn't just crap. In Australia, they are a bit more enlightened and there is FAR less distinctions between the sexes.

If the argument is, since she didn't run in mixed company before, shouldn't now. Maybe there is some merit, although, Big Brown was pulling away, AND Eight Bells was ALSO pulling away, but at a lesser rate.

Regards,
  • marilynmarilyn Junior Member
    edited May 2008
    I have had great male and female Horses, She could run or She would not have been there.I'm just sick because they put Her down right there on the track with two front broken legs,And i know it happens but its still tragic! And perhaps she was not ready for that strong a race, Oh well its done! I'm just shell-shocked