Eight Bells for Eight Belles Petition! Everyone Sign!

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited May 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Eight Bells for Eight Belles | bloodhorse.com

Link is in the article, I strongly urge everyone to sign.
This is the kind of reaction the public should have to a tragedy like this! :surrender:

Comments

• edited May 2008
    Eight Belles Had Like A First Time Jockey. Where She Should Had Someone Like Russell Baze. Jockeys Whom I Have Never Heard Of Before Shouldn't Be On Horse S Running For A Derby Win. Had Eight Belle Had A More Experianced Jockey , She Would Still Be Alive Today.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    richard61 wrote: »
    Had Eight Belle Had A More Experianced Jockey , She Would Still Be Alive Today.

That is an ignorant statement if I've ever heard one.
  • melinframelinfra Junior Member
    edited May 2008
    Thank you for the opportunity to sign.
  • cabster13cabster13 Member
    edited May 2008
    I gladly added my signiture. I was present at the Derby and she will certainly be missed.
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    Eight Belles Had Like A First Time Jockey. Where She Should Had Someone Like Russell Baze. Jockeys Whom I Have Never Heard Of Before Shouldn't Be On Horse S Running For A Derby Win. Had Eight Belle Had A More Experianced Jockey , She Would Still Be Alive Today.
    the jockey had just won the oaks, the day before,
    and she was such a fighter, that she ran all the way to the wire,
    she gave it all for the true fans of the sport. not the ones who watch
    horseracing 4 times a year, but each and every-day. how many horses
    have broken down under r. baze...a shit load....he was put down last
    year for 15 days for hitting a horse with the whip after it had broken
    down. so mr. saez did his best, i just thank god, that she did finish
    the race, if she had went down at the 1/8 pole, all hell would have broken
    loose. i don't bet base-ball, basket-ball or any other sport, just the horses, and
    will not stand by and lets some yahoo, talk shit....
  • thechiefthechief Member
    edited May 2008
    Isn't it a shame that a great forum like this one has idiots like Richard expressing
    views that make no sense at all.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    I Signed petition, I like that idea.
  • piac69piac69 Junior Member
    edited May 2008
    I was honored to sign it ! and may the PETA be damned!
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    ANYONE BLAMING THE JOCKEY DOES NOT KNOW HORSE RACING.w2w
  • loukygtsloukygts Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    Great Idea. I Was At This Derby And Will Be At Next Years, Would Be A Great Tribute To Hear The Bells Toll
  • zzbeerzzbeer Junior Member
    edited May 2008
    Thanks Richard. A lot Of trainers In Ky. Feel the Same . See how many rides he gets now.
  • 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited May 2008

Excellent example bringing up Russell Baze. Because we know Baze would never, ever, continually whip a horse after it's been injured. If Imperial Eyes was alive today, I'm sure he'd agree.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    Most of you all know how I felt about E.B., and I haven't answered a call or replied back to any email or texts froM anyone at this time regarding the breakdown. We all have opinions and the last person that would do anything wrong to E.B. would be Saez. This kid is a top notch jock and will prove it in the long run if he doesn't let this crush his inner thoughts. I was on the finish line in the Turf Club by all the so called famous people and when this occured it devestated me to a manner of a family member dying. I really still cannot believe this occured on this glorious day for Jones and Porter. Cowboy Larry Jones is one of the finest people I have ever meet and to win the Oaks and run second in the Derby with two great fillies and have one breakdown right before you how could you ever get up the next morning I will never know. This shows you how tough of a mindset this man has and he will in due time get a Derby winner as the past two years if wasnt for Street Sense and Big Brown he would of been back to back Derby winner trainer as so would of Rick Porter as back to back Derby winner owner.

RIP IN E.B.

FB
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    Appreciate the comments FB. I'm sorry for the loss as I know you were closer to this filly than everyone on here combined.

Edward, any chance we can get this to be a sticky for a week or so to increase the signing?
  • benedictcabenedictca Junior Member
    edited May 2008
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Eight Bells for Eight Belles | bloodhorse.com

Link is in the article, I strongly urge everyone to sign.
    This is the kind of reaction the public should have to a tragedy like this! :surrender:
    I feel that feelings are more at surface than reality. I believe Larry Jones answered all these negative rumors in his statements. Please argue for the boys in Iraq. Oh-I forgot-They are only human.
  • harperharper Junior Member
    edited May 2008
    We stand a stallion who finished his last mile with his driver doing everything he could to pull him up in his last stretch drive after his hind leg had fractured....and failing. Champions are cut from this kind of cloth.

I signed the petition for eight belles. She should be remembered next year , and all the years to come ....her legacy defines gallant.

To blame the jockey demeans this filly's memory, and her attempt to catch and pass big brown, her huge will to win....
  • oldworldoldworld Junior Member
    edited May 2008
    I will sign it gladly....this is the sport of kings isn't it?
  • ssteinfssteinf Junior Member
    edited May 2008
    wire2wire wrote: »
    ANYONE BLAMING THE JOCKEY DOES NOT KNOW HORSE RACING.w2w
    I WOULD BLAIME THE TRAINER MORE !

LARRY JONES IS TOO BIG OF MAN TO BE AN EXERCISE RIDER !

8 BELLES LOOKED LIKE A PONY UNDER BIG "LARRY". CAUSING MUCH STRESS I'M SURE.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    ssteinf wrote: »
    I WOULD BLAIME THE TRAINER MORE !

LARRY JONES IS TOO BIG OF MAN TO BE AN EXERCISE RIDER !

8 BELLES LOOKED LIKE A PONY UNDER BIG "LARRY". CAUSING MUCH STRESS I'M SURE.

Your comment is assaine to the fullest, Larry Jones gallop all of his horses and E.B. stood over 17 hands. I don't know if you remember a horse by the name of Smarty Jones but his exercise rider for John Servis weight in around 190-200 lb's and Smarty wasn't near 17 hands and Servis used this exercise rider for all of his gallops and not works. Larry just gallop his horses and never works them. What do you think when people go horse back riding they are all jockey weights and just think how old and not so durable those horse are. Freak accidents happen.

FB