Belmont Horses for June 5th

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited June 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
1st (Post time 1:00)

6 Furlongs | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Maiden Claiming ($25,000) | Purse: $22,000

Prg. # PP Horse Jockey Trainer Wt. Claim $ Equip. Med. ML

1 1 After Colin Morales S Hertler John O 1117 $25,000 L 9-2

2 2 Two Gendarmes Bermudez J E Grennan George J 118 $25,000 L 30-1

3 3 Justin P Velasquez C DeMola Joseph 123 $25,000 L 2-1

4 4 Token of Love Luzzi M J Carroll Del W II 118 $25,000 Blk-On L 8-1

5 5 Gold Close to Home Castellano J J Contessa Gary C 123 $25,000 L 7-2 - This one lost his last one on the break as he was left in the gate and should of been declared a non-starter, the winner was a runaway beast on May 1st and I love this one back in this spot today as he scratched out of a turf race on yesterday. Win and Place

6 6 Wanna Winna Coa E M LaFavers Laurie 118 $25,000 L 4-1

7 7 Running Bowline Rodriguez R R Imperio Joseph 118 $25,000 L 12-1

8 8 Las Ta Fella Berrios Cruz J Persaud Randi 1167 $25,000 Blk-On L 30-1

4th (2:36)

1 1/4 Miles (Inner turf) | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Maiden Special Weight | Purse: $53,000

1 1 Find the Wire Coa E M Baker Reade 118 L 6-1

2 2 Champagne Squall (IRE) Desormeaux K J Fujisawa Kazuo 118 3-1

3 3 Mr. Debuskey Samyn J L Jerkens James A 118 15-1

4 4 Expansion Velazquez J R Benzel Seth 118 L 4-1

5 5 Tanganyika Gomez G K Clement Christophe 118 L 8-1

6 6 Call of the Sea Maragh R Schettino Dominick A 123 Blk-On L 8-1

7 7 Ground Frost Velasquez C Frankel Robert 118 L 5-1 - This colt wants the weeds and this distance, has been running on the sticky stuff and will show his best today on the weeds even if there is a little give in the ground from yesterdays rain. Lets cash a nice on on the weeds today at a square price for Frankel. WPS on this upcoming runner for Frankel on the weeds only!!

8 8 Lieutenant (GER) Castellano J J Albertrani Thomas 118 FTL 9-2

7th (4:12)

1 1/8 Miles (Inner turf) | Open | 4 Year Olds And Up Allowance Optional Claiming ($75,000) | Purse: $60,000

1 1 Duveen Prado E S McLaughlin Kiaran P 118 L 7-2 - Funny story on Duveen happened to me last year on Oaks day. I went to the windows and told the teller I would like a thousand to win and place on Duveen and I didn't look at my ticket till I got back to my seat and it stated two thousand to win, I was going to run up and cancel to make it read thousand win and thousand place, but my buddy said don't jinx us you love this horse and we have waited all day for him to run so just leave it on his nose. He was sitting with a bigger ticket than mine but win and place. Well Duveen holds on and I was screaming like a wild man!!! We made our wager on Rags to Riches and headed back to my home as I had to attend a wedding rehersal for my brother in law, we get back to my home 1 minute to post and watched the Great Rags demolish the filed on Oaks day and I rush to get in my vehicle to head the the rehersal and what do I do, lock myself out of my home and no keys to my car, so to say my wife had to leave the rehersal to come get me and you all know what happened on that ride to the rehersal until I showed her the big payday I made on Duveen. Well enough with that and onto Duveen today coming out of a graded race to a little allowanes and listed at 7/2 m.l. by the oddsmaker and running against much lesser and I can tell you one thing you wont' come close to seeing 7/2 on this winner just make sure you get down on him tomorrow for his second race with McLaughin and had worked like a beast prior to his Derby day race agasint Eienstein and company. Win and Place and just stand in line to collect on this runner that is stakes bound after this win. WEEDS ONLY!!

2 2 Sea of Trees Coa E M Lukas D Wayne 118 20-1

3 3 Retribution Maragh R Contessa Gary C 118 $75,000 L 5-1

4 4 True Cause Pino M G bin Suroor Saeed 118 L 4-1

5 5 Sensational Humor Gomez G K Bush Thomas M 118 L 6-1

6 6 True Dancer Velasquez C Dutrow, Jr. R E 118 $75,000 L 6-1

7 7 Operation Red Dawn Garcia Alan Clement Christophe 118 L 5-2

8 MTO Unbridled Danger Morales S Young Robert S 1117 L 5-1

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2008
    5th (3:08)

6 Furlongs | Fillies and Mares | 3 Year Olds And Up Allowance | Purse: $49,000

1 1 Speak Proudly Velazquez J R Schosberg Richard 116 L 20-1

2 2 All About Rodriguez R R DeMola Richard 121 L 20-1

3 3 Casey's Tribe Maragh R Levine Bruce N 118 9-2

4 4 Blue Devil Bel Castellano J J Clement Christophe 116 L 6-1

5 5 Under Serviced Desormeaux K J Baffert Bob 116 L 5-2 - This is strictly a information play as I have a good friend at Belmont for this weekends action and he told my via text message that there is solid word coming from the backstretch on this filly, she has been laid up for a while and is ready to run for Bobby B. today, she will be bet and will go off the favorite if what he is saying is stout.

6 6 Abby Morgan Velasquez C Dutrow Anthony W 121 L 6-1

7 7 Oniyome Hill C Hushion Michael E 118 L 7-2

8 8 Bet the Diva Prado E S Contessa Gary C 116 L 8-1

9 9 Swept the Series Morales S Martin Carlos F 1097 L 10-1
    edited June 2008
    If Gold Coast to Home even can just break out of the gate he will be a winner, this horse needs majoring works from the gate and I cannot see why Contessa doesn't do it. The stewards need to make note of this colts problem breaking from the GATE.
    edited June 2008
    Rough day only the info play came in and Duveen had no excuses as he stalked and made a weak move to take the lead on the stretch turn and looked horrible flattening out down the lane, no excuses on this one. I missed the Ground Forrest race and cannot comment on it. Well getting geared up for this weekend Belmont card what a great card of racing that day. Might have 1-2 for tomorrow waiting on the backside info tonight or early tomorrow morning.

FB
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2008
    You emailing out copies of Belmont PP like you did Preakness? Let me know. Thanks.