Horse To Watch Next Time Out

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited March 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
The Pamplemousse, is a horse trained by julio canani and had the outside post and i think that he was just in to gain experience and he looked great striding out down the lane. I put him on my watch list for second time out and maybe a little longer. he was 8-1 saturday so i dont expect to get that next time. good racing..

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2008
    FYI, The Pamplemousse was added to the latest Kentucky Derby sheet at the Wynn @ 200/1.
  • peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
    edited October 2008
    Hey Cat I Love A Horse At Churchill Tomm In The Pochantas The 4 Horse Rachel Alexandra Also In The 7th I Like A Horse Called Beethoven Can Run Ran Against The Bias At Keeneland That Day Made A Huge Runwas The Best Horse.anyway Dont Know About The Value But We Will See . Good Luck
    edited October 2008
    Thanks, i'll take a look at it. I'm kinda partial to Capt. Candyman Can in the Iroquois.
    edited November 2008
    Yes I Also Like Him To I See U Picked U Went Against Racheal Alexandrea I Dont Think Ur Right On This One .but Good Luck To U.i Think She Is The Best Horse. Have A Good Day.
    edited November 2008
    The Only Thing That Worries Me About The Captain Is If He Shows Up In Fronts.he Did The Last Time If U Noticed Dont Know Why.
    edited November 2008
    The Fillies Went Quicker Than The Colts Some Nice Fillies I Didnt Get To Good Of Ride It Cost Me A 20 Dollar Pic 4 And Pic 3 Unlucky I Guess But I Might Have Got Beat By A Better Horse 134.3 Race Horse Time .
    edited November 2008
    How do you know i picked against Rachel Alexandra? I didn't realize you were a subscriber.
    edited November 2008
    I Have A Good Friend That Is A Subsciber Is That Ok.he Told Me
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    Well Since Sara Louise Won That Race Yesterday. Morning Chatter Looks Even Better Now At The Big A In The 7th..
    edited November 2008
    Dc, Is The Pamplemousse Still 200-1 At Wynn....i Need To Move Out There And Get Away From The East Coast...
    edited November 2008
    He was listed @ 200/1 on the sheet, but when i checked with a teller i was quoted 150/1. He may be lower than that now.
    edited November 2008
    Well The Pamplemousse Has To Have A Race Coming Up Because I Just Recieved Notification That He Just Had A Blowout Work Of 3f In 34.4 So His Race Is Coming..keep Them Eyes Out, I Dont Know What Kind Of Odds Im Going To Get.
    edited November 2008
    I'm holding out hope that he'll be entered around two turns. I suspect we'll see his name in the entries this weekend. I agree that the horse has loads of potential. Big, flashy-looking guy with a long stride and some pretty good acceleration. Might put on a show next time out....we'll see.
    edited November 2008
    Well He Was Entered On Saturday At 6-1/2 At Hollywood. Solis Is Up And Once Again He Gets The Outside. They Havent Posted Odd Yet But I Am Very Interested...now I Will Have To Go To Pimlico To Bet Since I Cant Play It On Tvg.......lets Get This Toc Stuff Settled Pls.....
    edited November 2008
    Just been handicapping the race. Very tough spot for him, but conditions are somewhat favorable and i think he'll run very well today. Mostly concerned about the distance, not-so-much the outside draw. Expecting further improvement the longer he goes and the more experience he gets, but he's rather formidable as-is. Looking forward to see him run today.
    edited November 2008
    Nice run by The Pamplemousse today for third, though i was a bit disappointed he didn't out-finish the second-place horse, as they were pretty much stride-for-stride in the late going. The Pamplemousse showed much-improved early speed today, but laying that close to the fast pace (especially while racing wide) probably affected his finish.

FWIW, i watched the head-on rather closely, and to me he looked rather herky-jerky. Throwing his feet around and kinda going side-to-side at times. Wouldn't shock me to see blinkers added next time.
    edited November 2008
    would it be possible would you to get a updated odds for him for me....
    edited November 2008
    I'll check it out next time i'm down there.
    edited November 2008
    Ray, i haven't been down to the Wynn lately, but according to their latest sheet, The Pamplemousse is currently listed @ 125/1. The main reason i'm updating this thread however is that i noticed Lucky's has just opened wagering on Kentucky Derby futures. The Pamplemousse is currently unlisted there. So if you're in town, you might try getting him added onto the sheet there (assuming you have interest in betting the horse). MOst likely, they'd offer you the same 125/1 (as their sheet is pretty much a carbon-copy of the Wynn sheet), but you never know.
    edited November 2008
    Hey Cat Do U Happen To Know The Odds On Indygo Mt ,in The Futures Like This Horse He Ran Huge At Cdowns The Other Day At A Mile .only Question Is Calhoun Getting Him There.
    edited November 2008
    Indygo Mountain is currently unlisted. Not expecting much of an opening price though, considering the big article in the Racing Form which included his name in the bold-lettered headline. That often has a greater effect on the price than anything a horse might do on the racetrack.
    edited November 2008
    Hey Cat Did U Get A Chance To See Him Break His Madien Laid Close To Pretty Quick Fractions Moved Away Effortlessly Really Nice Stride On Him I Think This Is Going To Be A Serious Racehorse In The Future If He Stays Healthy .i Have A Good Friend Of Mine That Uses Calhoun As His Trainer I Will Get Some Updates On What His Plan Is With Him In The Future.
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, i saw the race. In fcat, i bet against him with Mott's Hishi Amazon maiden. That one didn't have the best of trips, but obviously it made no difference in the outcome. Impressive performance by Indygo Mountain. Best to keep in mind that Churchill is still a one-turn mile, and that often doesn't translate to two-turn form. But he does look like an exciting prospect with long-range potential.
    edited November 2008
    Great Card At Churchill Tomm Cat Anyone U Like On The Card.i Still Think Racheal Alexander Is Going To Run A Big Race .i Like The Outside Horse In The Colt Race The Horse Had A Horrible Trip At Keeneland With Prado I Bet Him That Day At 20 To 1 Worth A Shot.he Might Want Turf We Will C Tomm Let Me Know If U Like Anything.
    edited November 2008
    I've been a big supporter of Capt. Candyman Can ever since his smashing debut run @ Saratoga. Hard to look past him, especially with his recent win over the surface, but one might also take the position that he failed rather miserably in his only previous two-turn race. I supect that had more to do with the surface than anything else, but who knows.
    edited November 2008
    Well Made A Nice Bet On Racheal And Really Think The Hose Giant Oak Was The Best He Went 6 Or 7 Wide On The Turn .get Him Next Time May Have Needed Race To .guess Everybody Gonna Be On Old Fashioned Now Not Me Talked To My Friend Today He Might Take Indygo Mt To Oaklawn They Really Like This Colt Alot.
    edited November 2008
    Congrats on Rachel Alexandra! I had the second-place finisher Sara Louise myself, and Rachel beat her on the square. I could've used a little more pace pressure from War Echo, but whatcha gonna do...
    edited November 2008
    peacerules wrote: »
    Hey Cat I Love A Horse At Churchill Tomm In The Pochantas The 4 Horse Rachel Alexandra Also In The 7th I Like A Horse Called Beethoven Can Run Ran Against The Bias At Keeneland That Day Made A Huge Runwas The Best Horse.anyway Dont Know About The Value But We Will See . Good Luck

Just wanted to congratulate you on Beethoven as well. You were spot-on with both of these horses, nice job.
    edited November 2008
    Thanks Cat Yea Beethoven Slipped Through On The Rail He Is A Game Horse.but I Still Think Giant Oak Was The Best Horse In The Race .this Horse Giant Oak Is Really Good On The Turf To .the Other Horse That Impressed Me Was Silver City For Calhoun And Scarbourgh Ran 6.5 Furlongs In A Nw1x 115.4 Under Wraps This Is A Racehorse By Unbridles Song Could Be Another Derby Colt Has Pedigree.also Give A Shout Out To Au Moon A David Carroll 2nd Timer Did It The Right Way Thinks He Wins Right Back Just A Few Thoughts On A Great Card Love Playing 2 Tyr Olds And 3 Yr Olds In The Spring .
    edited December 2008
    Dont Know If Anyone Saw The Eight Race At Hollywood Yesterday But There Was A Horse "resplendently"i Believe For Thomas Bell..it Was His First Start Out Of Birdstone And His Stride Down The Lane Was Insane..he Had To Be Atleast 10-15 Behind Turning For Home And Only Lost By About 2-3....he Was 20-1 Paid 12 To Show.they Finished In 1.15.1 For 61/2 So Next Time Out If He Goes To 7 Or Farther I Think He Will Win.......