edited October 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
available @ Wynn as of 10/13

Breeders Cup Dirt Mile

#9063 Albertus Maximus (15/1)

Great value here.

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited October 2008
    Is there a website for that or is it just where you located at.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2008
    You would have to be in Las Vegas. Not sure how many of you guys are, but i felt i'd be remiss if i didn't post it here.
  • 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited October 2008
    Me likes.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited October 2008
    Has anyone seen Breeders Cup odds up at any offshores?

I can't seem to find any.

Thanks,

Edward
    edited October 2008
    DC can u tell me the odds of black seventeen in the future if you know it.
    edited October 2008
    12/1 @ both Lucky's and Wynn.
    edited October 2008
    thats to short me he should be a larger price race day. I wish this weekend would just get here because horses are dropping out like flies....
  • peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
    edited October 2008
    Dont Want Any Part Of Blackseventeen His Work Looked Awful . Just Dont Think He Is Coming In The Right Way .i Really Like The Way Midnight Lute Is Working He Is Ready .i Also Liked The Way The Frankel Horse Is Working I Just Couldnt Use Black Seventeen Just My Opinion.
    edited October 2008
    Peacerules, i saw your post over @ VFV regarding Conduit. His last race was the St. Leger, which is 1 3/4 miles. That happens to be the same race Red Rocks was coming out of when he won the Turf a few years ago. That being said however, Red Rocks had very solid 1 1/2 form, running close to the eventual Arc winner Rail Link at that distance. The same can't be said of Conduit here. Also, the ground was soft for the St. Leger, which apparently moved Conduit up quite a bit. He reportedly had been all-out to win over a sub-par cast in his previous cace. True he's a contender here, but i don't really like his chances vs. the very classy Soldier of Fortune and the Newmarket record-setter Eagle Mountain. Not over the firm Santa Anita turf course, anyway.
    edited October 2008
    That is very true peacerules because i saw that work and it didnt look to good but i still have to play him just because he has been my horse from day one. If I threw him out last race it would of cost me 49 bucks. He is a horse that is not going to blow you off your feet i watch works but dont decide just because of a work because last year street sense look unbeatable and he didnt even hit the board.
    edited October 2008
    Hey cat im not saying he is going to win but he may offer a little value i just like the way he did it he is a improving 3yr old i think at the right time of the year u r probably right about the firm turf anyway just a opinion. GOOD LUCK TO U ALL ANYBODY U ALL LIKE.
    edited October 2008
    Hey im dead on conduit Jeff Siegal picked him lol.
    edited October 2008
    I will say that Conduit is being offered @ pretty short odds overseas. Lower than Eagle Mountain.
    edited October 2008
    Hey guys is it just me or is intangaroo getting overlooked again do you think You will get decent odds????
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2008
    rayphil wrote: »
    Hey guys is it just me or is intangaroo getting overlooked again do you think You will get decent odds????

Intangaroo is listed as the 9-2 second choice. Too short of a price for me to take her.
    Indyanne (12-1) and Dearest Tricksi (15-1) may both be worth plays imo.
    edited October 2008
    Dont like the price on Conduit at 6 to 1 in morning line a little to low i think considering what u said cat .I also like Consequence ln the filly juvy turf anyone else like her any.
    edited October 2008
    Flyin Late I dont think that she will go off at 9/2 because of the rest getting all of the headlines. Im hoping for atleast 7-1. I might be pushing it a little bit but i think she is the best at 7f
    edited October 2008
    peacerules wrote: »
    Dont like the price on Conduit at 6 to 1 in morning line a little to low i think considering what u said cat .I also like Consequence ln the filly juvy turf anyone else like her any.

Conduit is a play against for me.
    Consequence, at this point, is my play for filly juvy turf. Still have some studying to do though.
    Here are two more I've been debating on.

What is everyone's thoughts about Coronet of a Baron for Juvenile Turf?
    Very game horse in previous starts. Was part of that double DQ that occured and ended up behind Azul Leon after being part of a heated pace. Supposed to be working very well on the turf, and his company doesnt look very tough. Only neg is how poorly Azul Leon ran in his last start, when he never showed that closing kick that he had in his other starts.

Also, any opinions on My Pal Charlie in the Mile for a price?
    Seems like it should have a very hot pace and it should setup for his style of running. While Well Armed seems like he is going to be tough to get here (and has the ability to rate), I see him going at a short price (9-5ish) while I see getting 20-1 or higher on the improving 3yo My Pal Charlie.
    rayphil wrote: »
    Flyin Late I dont think that she will go off at 9/2 because of the rest getting all of the headlines. Im hoping for atleast 7-1. I might be pushing it a little bit but i think she is the best at 7f

I do agree that she will not go off at her morning line price. Saying she is the best at 7f may be pushing it. Indian Blessing who is likely to go off at around 6-5 is undefeated (2-2) at this distance (correct me if im wrong, forms are not in front of me atm).
    edited October 2008
    I will say this i give my pal charlie a good look as a live longshot he worked great the other day.I just like WellArmed better .In the fillt and mare sprint i wouldnt foget about Ventura Frankel no dummie she worked great the other day i thought.
    edited October 2008
    peacerules wrote: »
    I will say this i give my pal charlie a good look as a live longshot he worked great the other day.I just like WellArmed better .In the fillt and mare sprint i wouldnt foget about Ventura Frankel no dummie she worked great the other day i thought.

I'm going over the F&M Spring a little more thoroughly right now. There is something about Zaftig that just keep has me looking and looking. I know when she beat Indian Blessing it was at a mile, but she is also 2-2 at 7f., gets Bejarano, has been working extremely well, has been proben off a layoff and is just an extremely different horse. I don't know whether to use him being lightly raced as a pro or neg. Indian Blessing has had a long campaign this year, but shows no real sign of cracking.
    edited October 2008
    Zaftig is very interesting and the layoff is a concern but the trainer she has is great in the spotlight. Will have to watch the odds because i gaurantee that she will get play due to her beating indian blessing. I believe that Magnificience is a live longshot even though she hasnt been the same since returning....
    edited October 2008
    I saw Zaftig work the other day wasnt to good imn my book she was asked hard and they used the whip in that work she will just have to beat me.not saying she cant win just i dont think she worked the right way thats all she is a nice filly.
    edited October 2008
    Yes i also feel the same way, she has a bunch of talent I just think it is too much to ask off a long layoff....What do you think about bush ranger in the juvenile colts, all i hear is if he is right he'll win by ten......THOUGHTS?
    edited October 2008
    I Liked Square Eddie But This Horse Has Way Better Form That Horse He Ran With In The Phoenix Mastercraftsman Very Nice Colt Of Obriens I Think He Wins Buy Many Or Dosent Hit The Board .
    edited October 2008
    Thats the only thing with the euros is that many people dont know the form line and who they run against but you cant just throw out that horse from emerald downs as crazy as it sounds.
    edited October 2008
    available @ Wynn as of 10/13

Breeders Cup Dirt Mile

#9063 Albertus Maximus (15/1)

Great value here.

Winner!!! Hope some of you guys were able to capitalize...
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited October 2008
    good capping as is the norm for you......i had a steak dinner in pasadena tonight, because of you
    and frankie d......just got back to corona.....santa anita was a mad house, but it was the only
    place i wanted to be the last two days.....thank's for all the winners day in and day out......
    edited October 2008
    Hey Cat Did U Get Some Conduit Improving 3 Yr Old Nice Pick On Albertus Maximus Had A Great Day Won About 15 000 Had The First Pick 3 For A Dollar All With All With 7. Then In The Second Race Played A 5 Dollar Pick 3 All With 7 With 4 Paid 1181 For A Dollar. Then Hit The Middle Pick Four When Ravens Pass Beat Curlin Paid 2754 For A Dollar So A Good Day .hope U Did Well .again Thanks For Albertus Again.
    edited October 2008
    I had a great weekend, but not as great as you, apparently. Nice going!!!

Glad to hear it too, as i was hoping i hadn't talked you off of Conduit. He's the one the kinda stuck it to me yesterday, as i was holding a future ticket on Eagle Mountain to win the Turf.