Free selection from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited November 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Hollywood - Race 7

#2 Lupita'sluckyangel (10/1 ml)

Comes off a sharp win over Mud Sweat N Tears, who flattered that effort by returning to win her next start. Throw out the sprint race where she got cooked early vs. the stakes horse Quisiana while turning back from slower route fractions, and this filly is coming off two straight wins. Also of note is that both those wins came while stalking a moderate pace from close-up, which should be the situation again today as she figures to be laying second behind frontrunner Spinning Yarns, who clearly holds a pace advantage, but has also had some trouble finishing (meaning she'll be looking to set some soft fractions). Going a bit further, the last time Lupita'sluckyangel ran over this course, she ran a pretty nice race vs. the stakes horse Ransom Captive despite breaking from the 11-hole in race that started right on the turn. No reason to think she won't run well again today, and position-wise i think she'll be sitting in the catbird seat. Lots to like.

HRT record:

49 for 161 (30%)

$422.30 mutuels ($8.62 avg)

Comments

• InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    Good call DC $5.80 to show .
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2008
    The race went pretty much as planned, except that i expected her to lay closer and finish a bit stronger. I know that some people were upset she wasn't able to hang on for second...it would've been a very nice exacta.
  • daviddavid Banned
    edited November 2008
    Mr Cat-you Made Your Prices Way To High Under The Condtions Of The Economy-your The Only Person Or Company With A 100% Price Increase When We Are In A Deep Recession

You Need A Price Roll Back
    Ty
    edited November 2008
    I'm not sure my timing was all that great, but i do feel a price increase was long overdue.

Even AFTER the increase, my service is still very reasonable. There are guys all over the country, right now, selling worthless sports picks for WAY more than i'm charging. And if you compare my prices to other horseracing services, i think you'll find that i'm cheaper than them as well. I used to be dirt-cheap, but now i'm simply cheap. At least that's the way i see it. The problem is, that from a customer's perspective, any increase is bad. I can relate to that, and i respect everyone's opinion on the matter, but there are no plans to cut prices at this time.
  • daviddavid Banned
    edited November 2008
    with no price reduction i have no plans to buy your service-please reconcider, everyone is hurting
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    David, of all pick providers via the internet DC provides two things.
    *A lower price than over 90% of selections I've seen online.
    *More importantly, has proved time and time again that his services are worth it.
  • daviddavid Banned
    edited November 2008
    0-7 yesterday-i am broke
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    anyone who has a web-site, and still like myself, takes the time to give out free information
    and give you a % up-date has earn my respect. it is very tough to have winning days back
    to back, i started when i was 9 back in 1972, and i'am still looking for that 50% or better
    win system. i have paid "turf-craft" back in the day for a gold ribbon parlay, if you hit you
    had to pay the $500.00, if you lost, you got the next day's winning information for free....
    i think all of the cappers here give their very best day in and day out, so if you factor in
    the time spent picking the ponies, the price should be more....so you go 0-7...i have
    done that and will do that again, if my clients have a problem...they have many choices
    to pick from, but d.c. customer service ranks among the best, some cappers would have said
    "tough-shit with your lost. i can recall the best advice ever given to me....my dad and i
    were standing in the food court at santa anita, when a man said to my dad, sir
    you are eating a very nice looking sandwich. my dad looked at me and said"

"you can be broke, you can be hungry, but never be broke and hungry at the same time!!!!

good luck and good racing!!!
    edited November 2008
    Saturday's 0-for-7 was pretty brutal, no doubt about it. It's extremely rare for me to even HAVE seven plays in one day, let alone lose them all. But that's just the way the chips fall sometimes, and there's nothing i can do to prevent days like that from happening. Anyone who's followed my picks for a while knows that i tend to run hot-and-cold.

For what it's worth, i think the picks were quite solid, and looking back i wouldn't have done anything differently. In particular, i thought Soul Warrior (the first-time starter @ Churchill) was very well-handicapped, and he did run a very good race @ odds of 4/1, taking the lead in the final furlong only to get run down late. So he lost...that doesn't mean it was a bad a pick. Same deal with Solar Miss, she was fine selection but just happened to encounter some traffic problems that prevented her from winning. I felt the same way about Burna Dette on Friday night. That's just horseracing for you.

Regarding my service, people may complain about the recent price increase, or the occasional longer-than-normal losing streak, but overall i'm very happy with the performance of my website. We've been open for over a year now, and have recorded a flat-bet profit over that time on something approaching 800 selections. And i'm talking about actual WIN SELECTIONS, not a list of 3 or 4 horses per race where i claim victory if any one of them wins. The vast majority come from Southern California, but i also recorded a flat-bet profit over the entire Saratoga meet, where plays were pretty much an everyday occurance as well. I gave out the winner of this year's Arlington Million @ 14/1, i gave out the winner in the Travers, and i gave out multiple Breeders Cup winners this year. I gave the winner of last year's CashCall Futurity @ 12/1. I could go on and on. I gave out Model, who ran second behind Zenyatta @ 30/1 for a $1 exacta that paid 56/1 (and yes, i DID recommend an exacta that time, though i STILL counted the race as a LOSS for record-keeping purposes because Model lost the race). How many other sites/services would've done that? Probably none.

For all this, i've been occasionally attacked and/or criticized for what i mentioned above, that is my new pricing structure or the impossible-to-avoid losing streaks that come in a sport where i pick between 25-30% winners (meaning 70-75% losers overall). If anyone thinks they can pick over 50% winners in horseracing and avoid losing streaks, of more than a few horses at a time, then more power to them. If anyone is not happy with my service, well, there's really nothing i can do about that. People are free to leave at any time. I don't pester anyone, yet another thing that seperates my service from most others. I'm sure several of my clients have come from this forum, and they can attest to that. Just as they can attest to my record being what i say it is. It is NOT fabricated in any way. If you don't want to believe me, then all my picks on this forum (all 162 of them) are just a search away. Same deal on LVA Sports, where i've given out even more that that. Incidentally, those picks go back about another year PRIOR to the opening of my website.

To David, i'm sorry you're unhappy or unsatisfied with the service. If you don't want to renew, that's up to you. No hard feelings.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    You Cant Always Win Or Expect To Win Especially In This Game Where Anything Can Happen...david If You Are Unhappy With His Service Then Do Your Own Research And If You Go 0 For 7 Then You Can Only Blame Yourself....we Are All Human So Bad Days Are Likely...
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    Saturday's 0-for-7 was pretty brutal, no doubt about it. It's extremely rare for me to even HAVE seven plays in one day, let alone lose them all. But that's just the way the chips fall sometimes, and there's nothing i can do to prevent days like that from happening. Anyone who's followed my picks for a while knows that i tend to run hot-and-cold.

For what it's worth, i think the picks were quite solid, and looking back i wouldn't have done anything differently. In particular, i thought Soul Warrior (the first-time starter @ Churchill) was very well-handicapped, and he did run a very good race @ odds of 4/1, taking the lead in the final furlong only to get run down late. So he lost...that doesn't mean it was a bad a pick. Same deal with Solar Miss, she was fine selection but just happened to encounter some traffic problems that prevented her from winning. I felt the same way about Burna Dette on Friday night. That's just horseracing for you.

Regarding my service, people may complain about the recent price increase, or the occasional longer-than-normal losing streak, but overall i'm very happy with the performance of my website. We've been open for over a year now, and have recorded a flat-bet profit over that time on something approaching 800 selections. And i'm talking about actual WIN SELECTIONS, not a list of 3 or 4 horses per race where i claim victory if any one of them wins. The vast majority come from Southern California, but i also recorded a flat-bet profit over the entire Saratoga meet, where plays were pretty much an everyday occurance as well. I gave out the winner of this year's Arlington Million @ 14/1, i gave out the winner in the Travers, and i gave out multiple Breeders Cup winners this year. I gave the winner of last year's CashCall Futurity @ 12/1. I could go on and on. I gave out Model, who ran second behind Zenyatta @ 30/1 for a $1 exacta that paid 56/1 (and yes, i DID recommend an exacta that time, though i STILL counted the race as a LOSS for record-keeping purposes because Model lost the race). How many other sites/services would've done that? Probably none.

For all this, i've been occasionally attacked and/or criticized for what i mentioned above, that is my new pricing structure or the impossible-to-avoid losing streaks that come in a sport where i pick between 25-30% winners (meaning 70-75% losers overall). If anyone thinks they can pick over 50% winners in horseracing and avoid losing streaks, of more than a few horses at a time, then more power to them. If anyone is not happy with my service, well, there's really nothing i can do about that. People are free to leave at any time. I don't pester anyone, yet another thing that seperates my service from most others. I'm sure several of my clients have come from this forum, and they can attest to that. Just as they can attest to my record being what i say it is. It is NOT fabricated in any way. If you don't want to believe me, then all my picks on this forum (all 162 of them) are just a search away. Same deal on LVA Sports, where i've given out even more that that. Incidentally, those picks go back about another year PRIOR to the opening of my website.

To David, i'm sorry you're unhappy or unsatisfied with the service. If you don't want to renew, that's up to you. No hard feelings.

DCat,

The first thing I can tell you is you don't have to post an apologize on a message board to a customer. If you feel you need to apologize send it directly to him/her, I have been in your shoes and still to this day I have my personal clients I had for years and still get shit on bad runs thats gamblilng. I know this person is complaining on a message board and if your broke going 0 - 7 then first of all you shouldn't of purchased a service with a limited bankroll as it will be impossible to recoup your bankroll and service fee if a bad run occurs. Horse Racing is the hardest game to win at and takes patience and discipline to grind a profit.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    FB,
    I agree with you because in this game and in gambling period you need to have good money management and plus DCAT had a couple bad bobs and trips but that is how this game is, you get hot and cold you just have to live to play another day.......
  • daviddavid Banned
    edited November 2008
    I Just Want You To Roll Back Costs To Old Prices So All Can Buy And You Can Have Many More Buyers,i Am Not Mad About Losing